The ONE Thread July 8 - 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 46 Old 07-08-2012, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for July 8 - 15!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

baby4makes6

bdavis912

dakipode

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

- Jenn -

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

kimble

lenny1027

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

livingsky BFPChart2.gif

magoodoggy

maia.springgoddess

nattery

newtoTTC

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

sweetnatural

Tropicalfever

zebrapopcorn

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

aHikaru

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

BaileyB

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

cavertmmy

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

gratefulstella  BFPChart2.gif

jr'smom

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

librarygirl  BFPChart2.gif

lilgreenmama

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif     

Mz J

nearlyelated

odinsmama

SandyLoam

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

StudyingStones BFPChart2.gif

Tenk

wannabemomkt

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

Butterflymom

candyshells

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Lidamama84

LisaAdkins20

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif June BFP's heartbeat.gif

clumsysugarplum

maydaymom10 BFPChart2.gif

pieknits

heartbeat.gif May BFP's heartbeat.gif

SophieAnn BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif April BFP's heartbeat.gif

bellybaby2012

GoBecGo

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#2 of 46 Old 07-08-2012, 05:21 PM

Can you move me to Waiting to Know? I think I O'd on the 3rd or 4th.

Megan - DP Mike - DS Jack (Feb 2010)

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40**

#3 of 46 Old 07-08-2012, 07:38 PM

Can you add me to Waiting to Know also.  I'm 8 DPO.  Thanks!

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

#4 of 46 Old 07-08-2012, 10:03 PM

maydaymom, you are on the ball! Thanks for putting up the new thread.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#5 of 46 Old 07-08-2012, 11:08 PM

Thanks for the new thread!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#6 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the new tread!!  Wishing you lots of Threadkeeper's Luck!

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#7 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

No problem on the new thread :)  

Also, for the new graduates, I found the current graduate thread in the pregnancy forum and updated it in the first post. Here's the link as well: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#8 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 08:38 AM

Hi all! I introduced myself in the thread from last week, but I think I'm ready to actually join in, if y'all don't mind. :) My husband and I just started TTC last month, and none of my IRL friends are trying, so I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies! 

You can add me to the Waiting to O section, pelase. :) 

#9 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 08:48 AM

Hi ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

sleepingbeauty - SO glad your AF arrived and you got stop the stressing!

Welcome to the new ladies!

Please move me to Waiting to O. AF arrived on Saturday. Oh, along with a wicked case of mastitis, so now I'm on antiobiotics for the next 10 days. BLAH. What a lousy weekend! But the weather was beautiful, so I promise not to complain too much. Now I just need the time to get my 3 acres of lawn mowed smile.gif

Question for you ladies: Does anyone know if it's safe to take soy isoflavones while nursing? I took them days 3-7 the cycle I got pregnant and would like to try that again this month, but not sure if I should be taking them while nursing. I'm going to do some online research but figured asking here might turn up the answer!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#10 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Nevermind - quickly found multiple recommendations not to take soy isos while nursing. Easy answer smile.gif There's even examples of soy isos given to animal mothers causing tumor growth in their offspring! ACK.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#11 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 AM

Hi all! Can you please put me in Waiting to be ready? I've been lurking for a while, I just never seem to have the time to post :)  Congrats to all the BFPs, and baby dust to all. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#12 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 12:05 PM

Hi, everyone.

Well, I got my BFP a week and a half ago. I was supposed to see the doc on the 16th, but I had to go in today as I had some brown blood. She said it was a threatened miscarriage, but it's getting pink now and I think I'm starting to feel cramps. I had betas done and will have more done on Thurs, but I'm not feeling hopeful. I took another HTP this past Saturday and it was about half as faint as the control line. I know it doesn't measure HCG, but I was at 21 DPO and it really should have been dark.

So, 4w4d. It was my second cycle trying. I'm going to find some solace in the fact that, at 36 years old, I can ovulate and, at 38 years old, my husband's sperm can swim.

I also definitely now know that I want to be a mom (I wasn't 100% sure before) and hope the next time works out for us.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

I don't know where I go now - waiting to be ready? Waiting to O? Does anyone know how long I'll have to wait to try again?

#13 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 04:25 PM

magoodoggy...   I think you can try again as soon as you feel ready.  A doctor told me that there is no reason to wait to try again after early miscarriages, as he said that the body doesn't have very much to heal/bounce back from. I've also read quite a bit online that says women are more fertile the three months following a miscarriage, so if you're ready emotionally, you should try right away.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#14 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

magoodoggy...   I think you can try again as soon as you feel ready.  A doctor told me that there is no reason to wait to try again after early miscarriages, as he said that the body doesn't have very much to heal/bounce back from. I've also read quite a bit online that says women are more fertile the three months following a miscarriage, so if you're ready emotionally, you should try right away.

I agree with this, it was never suggested that I wait after an early miscarriage, it was more about being ready emotionally and that's up to you.

I think I can be moved to waiting to know.  I think I'm O'ing as we speak :) and we DTD on the 7th and again today ... the timing doesn't get any better.  Oh and I have had LOTS of EWCM.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#15 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Mayday!
Good luck to you, Tenk! I hope this is the cycle for you!

I'm copying my last post from the last thread here. Still not sure if I've O'd at all. I'd really appreciate it if someone could glance at my chart and give me some opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudyingStones View Post

AFM, DH and I just got back from a nice weekend in niagara falls. We got in lots of sight seeing, did the maid of the mist boat ride and saw a good show. Also it was nice to have more free time for BD'ing without always having to wait till nighttime when DS is in bed.

Question for you temp'ing experts:
This is my first month charting temps, and I'm feeling discouraged and worried that I haven't O'd yet (I'm on cd20, and my cycle is 32 days, so I'm cutting it close if I need a 12 day LP, right?)
Do the cross hairs to show ovulation show up right away, or at the end of the month?
I had what I thought was creamy cm yesterday, but today it's more stringy and almost ewcmish, what's going on?? Is today my O day? (if so, I kinda wish we'd stayed in niagara falls an extra night!! lol)

Also, I started taking 50mg of B6 at the beginning of this cycle, but I've forgotten to take it on a number of occasions. Have I messed up my cycle somehow?
Can anybody look at my chart and give me some opinions?
Thanks!

Just me and DS.
#16 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Hi!tiphat.gif I'm like as new as they come, but could I jump in on this? I'm so excited to join a community of other ladies I can share this journey with. I feel so alone at times, with a sil who's expecting her second and a mother and other sil who were blessed with babies without even trying. I am waiting to O...whistling.gif Thanks. And, I hope to get to know all of you.

#17 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 08:52 PM

ooops, so sorry, I forgot to bold that...waiting to O

#18 of 46 Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 PM

magoodoggy - Hoping your BFP sticks and that if it doesn't you get another soon. I had two early m/c during the year before my daughter was conceived. My period came back quickly and normally. If I hadn't tested with the 2nd m/c I would never have known I was pregnant at all. Would've just seemed like a late period. I never kept track of my periods at that time. My doctor also didn't mention waiting after a 'chemical pregnancy'. After the 1st one though, which was probably further along, I took misoprostol and my doctor advised a month of birth control pills to get everything back to normal. But it would have been farther along than you are now, for sure. Probably around 7 weeks or so..although I never really knew.

StudyingStones - I'd look at your chart, but I'm clueless! Hope someone more knowledgeable than me has some insight.

Can you please move me to Waiting to Know? I don't temp and my OPKs were all negative, so I'm not sure when/if I O'd. I'm thinking it may have been around July 4th on CD 14 because I had a high, open cervix around then. But that's purely guessing. We've DTD at least every other night since around CD6, so maybe I'll get lucky. But I don't have a feeling this will be the month. Last month I had my hopes high, and I was pretty disappointed. If AF doesn't arrivesmile.gif, I'll test on July 19.

#19 of 46 Old 07-10-2012, 09:51 AM

StudyingStones - I'd say you O'ed on CD 18. Fertility friend doesn't put crosshairs up until you've had 3 consecutive days of higher temps. I'm surprised it hasn't put them up for you yet. What calculation method is your FF set to? Double check that it's set to Advanced. Though, it might not have given you crosshairs yet because you have a lot of temps that aren't taken at the same time (lots of open circles instead of solid circles for the time the temperature was taken).

Also, you'd be just fine with a 10 day LP - 12 is better, but 10 is considered long enough to sustain a pregnancy. And if you end up with a 32 day long cycle this month, you'd have a 14 day LP, which is fantastic smile.gif Though hopefully you have no AF and a BFP instead!!

#20 of 46 Old 07-10-2012, 10:32 AM

Thank you SO much for responding, LivingSky!

I think I went into panic mode this morning thinking that I hadn't ovulated, and that I wouldn't ovulate now because I'm already on CD 22, and spent a great deal of time researching ways to jumpstart ovulation (Vitex, Iso...somethings, and Clomid).  This process is already confusing enough without having to think about all of those things, so I am relieved to see that you think I O'd on CD18 (that's kinda what I was thinking before my panic attack this morning).   To think with DS I missed two BCPs and became pregnant - what were the chances of that????  Craziness. 

I wonder if my temps aren't as high as I expected them to be post-O (most people's charts have a great big jump post-O, and mine is more of a slow incline), but I think that may be due to all the crazy dreams and crappy sleep I've been getting lately.  I've spent the last few nights dreaming of little else than BFPs, HPTs, DPOs, faint lines, dark lines, and last night I dreamt I didn't O at all and this cycle was totally shot - so it's been kinda stressful, and I definitely haven't been sleeping well. 

I started this month off with such positivity and truly, intuitively, believing that this would be THE month, and now I'm so full of doubt and negativity, I've probably jinxed myself.  Sigh.  There's nothing to do now but wait and see, and try to regain some of my positivity. 

I guess I can be moved to Waiting to Know, please?  Here's hoping that I don't see AF for at least another year!!!

Thanks again for looking LIving Sky, the support I feel from these boards is so important to me right now!!!

Just me and DS.
#21 of 46 Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 AM

Little poppy seed is not sticking. Boo.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. It's comforting to hear many women can be quite fertile after a miscarriage (I hadn't heard that) and that you can try again right away if it's an early one.

Although sad, I'm emotionally okay to try again. Does anyone know if this counts as a period or do I have to wait a month? Will I ovulate before my next period?

Also, does anyone know the statistics of women going on to have successful pregnancies after a miscarriage? I'm 36 if that matters.

#22 of 46 Old 07-10-2012, 11:32 AM

magoodoggy - So sorry that this wasnt a stick bean for you greensad.gif I don't know the exact statistics, but it definitely seems like a LOT of women on here get pregnant the first or second cycle after a m/c. I know the cycle before I got pregnant I had a very long, wierd LP and I still suspect that I actually was pregnant and lost it - very next cycle, BFP.

And typically, I believe a m/c counts as a period, since the uterus sheds its lining. You should ovulate before your next AF.

#23 of 46 Old 07-10-2012, 01:47 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, magoodoggy =(
*hugs*

Just me and DS.
#24 of 46 Old 07-10-2012, 02:51 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been reading and reading the TTC posts for months now and I'm finally poking my toe in the water. :)

I'm 30 and my husband is 35. We've been married for a little over a year and trying since January for our first kiddo. I had a really weird cycle/maybe miscarriage that kind of put us over the edge to really start TTC seriously. It's been frustrating as I'm sure everyone here knows. My brother and his wife are pregnant and keep sending out info about the baby, they just found out the sex today. I'm so excited for my brother but I'm soooooo jealous of his wife. It doesn't help that she's forbidden him to give us (his very small and close family) any unauthorized information. I'm basically walking on egg shells while talking to him, which is a huge difference from how we've talked my whole life. It feels like we're shut out and I can't talk about it to get excited with her too.

I'm right now waiting to O. I think it'll happen sometime this week. I've found temping way too stressful but I am doing Fertile Focus (ferning), OPK strips and keeping track of CM. This is my first cycle with the ferning method and consistently using the OPK strips.

-Becky

#25 of 46 Old 07-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Magoodoggy...   I counted my miscarriage day as day 1 of AF, I may have ovulated a little later than usual, but I did ovulate before my first real period.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#26 of 46 Old 07-10-2012, 05:41 PM

So sorry Magoodoggy.

Can you move me to waiting to O please? I'm out after a short 9 day LP.

Loving my husband and our beautiful daughter.  TTC baby #2!

#27 of 46 Old 07-11-2012, 05:45 AM

Hello ladies and welcome new folks! Whew, been so busy this week haven't had a chance to post until today. I think I probably O'd today, but we'll see once I get a few more temps. I am really getting excited about another child smile.gif

hug.gif magoodoggy

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#28 of 46 Old 07-11-2012, 07:19 AM

Well, I finally got my big temp spike this morning.. 5 days after I think I O'd.  (temps have been steadily creeping up since then, but this morning was a big jump).

Is anybody else here a "slow riser" when it comes to post-O temps?  Or did I O later than I think I did?

Or maybe I can attribute it to the lack of quality sleep the last 3 nights.. I've been waking up at 3:30 am and having only restless, half waking sleep until I get up in the morning (I would think this would make the temp higher??). 

Any thoughts?

Good luck to you Quinalla, I hope this is the month for you!!

Just me and DS.
#29 of 46 Old 07-11-2012, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudyingStones View Post

Or maybe I can attribute it to the lack of quality sleep the last 3 nights.. I've been waking up at 3:30 am and having only restless, half waking sleep until I get up in the morning (I would think this would make the temp higher??). 

Any thoughts?

I know that my temps were higher when I had a poor night's sleep. FF usually put one of those open circles on my chart on those days when I checked sleep deprived. On the other hands... I had a lot of those sleepless nights last month when I got my bfp. Just sayin'  winky.gif

#30 of 46 Old 07-11-2012, 11:45 AM

StudyingStones: I'm a slow rise/jagged temp rise kind of gal most of the time. It tends to throw FF for a loop smile.gif Certainly it could be at least partly attributed to your sleeplessness, or it may just be the way your temp rises. All of your fertility signs point to the earlier O date - the temp is part of the picture, but you need to take your CM etc into account as well.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page