Needing help pleaes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-11-2012, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies just wondering if any of you out there could help me (and i apologize in advance for TMI!!)

Ok i stopped BC on May 29th when I got my AF.

Got my next 'proper' AF on 17th June (a 20 day cycle)

Was very heavy and lasted about 5 days.

Because I have only stopped BC recently I am not sure when I am O'ing so DH and i have been BD regularly just in case.

If i am in fact on a 20 day cycle, I should have gotten AF on Friday 6th of July, so far nothing, so I am approximately 6 days late for AF.

I noticed a few days ago that I had very light spotting (pale red, brown at times) but only when I wiped and it only lasted 2 days.

Could this be implantation bleeding?

Other symptoms I have are headaches, extreme fatigue and a bit of heartburn.

Will it be too early to take a test? Dont want to face the dissapointment of seeing another negative just yet.

Any thoughts on this matter would be muchly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

help.gif

#2 of 4 Old 07-12-2012, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I would not assume that your cycle will be 20 days again since you just stopped the BC.  It couldn't hurt to take a test.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 4 Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 AM

When I went off BCP, my first 'regular' cycle was 26 days (which is shorter than what my cycle used to be before I went on BCP). Naturally I hoped I was pregnant and took a test at cd26 (this would've been my second cycle TTC), which was a BFN.
I got my period a few days later and after that I reverted back to my regular 32 day cycle.
So, your first couple cycles will probably be short, but if you're like me it will lengthen the next couple cycles.

I would probably wait a few more days, just to avoid the disappointment and wasting a HPT, but of course it's up to you!

Good luck!!

Just me and DS.
#4 of 4 Old 07-13-2012, 07:02 AM

Yes, my guess too would be that your first cycle was just a bit short. Its not unusual after coming off BC to have 1 or more cycles that are off. If I were you, I would probably wait a few more days if a BFN is going to disappoint you a lot. If you don't get pregnant soon, you may want to try charting so you have more information to help you figure out what is going on with your cycle!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page