Anyone try The Fertile Heart Ovum Practice? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2012, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just received some bad news regarding the likelihood of having a second child. I'm currently debating b/t a holistic, natural approach or ART. In my quest for answers, I cam across http://www.fertileheart.com/. I was wondering if anyone has used her approach.

Thanks

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I've never heard of it.  But I suppose that it can't hurt.  Overall it also depends on what your specific issue is.  Infertility is a real medical issue in a lot of cases, and sometimes needs medical treatment.

I wish you luck! :)

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 07-21-2012, 11:21 PM

Julia Indichova has written two wonderful books.  I was totally inspired by "The Fertile Female" and would highly recommend it.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:06 PM

I have been using the Fertile Heart OVUM practise for the last few months and I highly recommend that you try it.
My diagnosis is unexplained infertility and we are starting to look at IUI and possibly IVF. The OVUM practise has been a huge help in allowing me to reframe my diagnosis and not see it as the end of the world. Instead I am taking it as the challenge that it is and learning a lot along the way. I understand that when it comes to fertility we are far more than just a series of test results and stAtistics related to age.
I would recommend joining the phone circles or going to workshop to get an in depth view on the practise. You also get to work with many women in similiar circumstances so that you draw strength from each other.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserves and the first RE I saw told me I needed IVF straight away. This was 2 months after my first miscarriage. So, I sought another opinion and my current RE does not think I need IVF. I did 3 months of clomid without success (have not problem ovulation, just never got pregnant). On my off month before injectibles, I got pregnant. I'm currently a little over 5 weeks and I'm likely miscarrying again. my point of all this is that I totally agree that we are not a bunch of statistics. If I had listened to the first doctor, I'd be out a whole lot of money and who knows if I'd be pregnant or not.

I believe strongly in acupuncture/TCM and meditation. I think these two things are what led to my pseudo-success.

Best of luck to you.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List