ovulatiing confusion! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-14-2012, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI Ladies,

My periods are always off so I decided to check when I am ovulating two different ways this month. My first way of testing is the urine way. I have the strip to test and I got a strong positive on Wednesday (July 11) . When I checked this morning with the urine test, it shows that I am no longer ovulating.

My second way of checking when I ovulate is by a computer device called Ovacue. This did not tell me I was ovulating at all until this morning and it told me my best day to concieve is Tuesday. There is two ways I can find out when I am ovulating with this small electronic. The first way is by oral reading (so I put my tongue on the sensor part and it takes a reading... I must take this reading in the morning) and the second way is a vaginal reading and can only be done in the afternoon.

So here is my question, has anyone had two different readings telling you you are ovulating different times in one month? I am still going to continue having sex with my husband...but i am really curious which one is the correcting one.

#2 of 3 Old 07-14-2012, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have never heard of the ovacue, but bbt may be a better way to go next month if you dont get your bfp this month. I have had months where my body tried to ovulate and had a positive ovulation test, but didnt ovulate until later. Good luck.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#3 of 3 Old 07-15-2012, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Those two things you are using read hormones that signal you WILL ovulate, not that you DID ovulate. The only way to confirm you DID indeed ovulate is to chart your basal body temperature. I use OPK's and chart. My OPK's were positive starting the 12th in the afternoon, they were positive until yesterday early evening. This morning my temperature is up, if it continues for 3 days, I know i've ovulated. It is the only way to tell for certain when you have ovulated. Check out fertilityfriend.com

GL!

Torre, LPN, Doula, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor. Loving wife to Shawn malesling.GIF. AP mom to energy.gifx 2....signcirc1.giffamilybed2.gifslinggirl.gifhang.gifcd.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page