The ONE Thread - July 15-22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 42 Old 07-15-2012, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for July 15 - 22!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

baby4makes6

bdavis912

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella  BFPChart2.gif

- Jenn -

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

jr'smom

kimble

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

livingsky BFPChart2.gif

maia.springgoddess

nattery

newtoTTC

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

StudyingStones BFPChart2.gif

sweetnatural

Tenk

Tropicalfever

zebrapopcorn

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

aHikaru

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

BaileyB

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

cavertmmy

dakipode

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

lenny1027

librarygirl  BFPChart2.gif

lilgreenmama

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif     

magoodoggy

Mz J

nearlyelated

odinsmama

SandyLoam

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

wannabemomkt

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

Butterflymom

candyshells

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Lidamama84

LisaAdkins20

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif June BFP's heartbeat.gif

clumsysugarplum

maydaymom10 BFPChart2.gif

pieknits

heartbeat.gif May BFP's heartbeat.gif

SophieAnn BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif April BFP's heartbeat.gif

bellybaby2012

GoBecGo

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#2 of 42 Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 AM

So I know this is totally absurd but my body is making me crazy.  I have been SO tired I can barely keep my head up in the afternoon and had some food aversions as well BUT I'm only 6dpo.  I tend to implant early and typically get a faint BFP by 7-8dpo (with every pregnancy) but I also know it's still early for symptoms such as these and I'm probably just tired from activities.

Also, I wonder if we may stop trying after this cycle (if I'm not pregnant) so we can go to on a Jamacian (sp?) vacation in April but I'm still not sure about this.  I'm getting older and it would put a very big gap in age with our youngest and new baby ... but man do I want to go on this vacation :)

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#3 of 42 Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post

Also, I wonder if we may stop trying after this cycle (if I'm not pregnant) so we can go to on a Jamacian (sp?) vacation in April but I'm still not sure about this.  I'm getting older and it would put a very big gap in age with our youngest and new baby ... but man do I want to go on this vacation :)

I'm in the same place as you, Tenk.  We usually take an annual trip to the Riviera Maya in January or February, and if I became pregnant this cycle, we wouldn't be able to do that (you can't fly during the last trimester, right?).  I brought this up to DH and I think he wants to wait so that we can still do the trip before the new baby comes (whenever that may be). 

I don't suppose it matters, as I'm not feeling very hopeful right now.  I originally thought I O'd on CD18, but now FF is telling me I O'd on CD22. 

Figures, DH and I spent the whole month having lots of sex, and on CD21 he was too tired and on CD22 I was too grumpy.  Now I feel like all that sex was for nothing (which is a stupid and negative way to look at it, I know).   Urghhhh, I am so frustrated!!  I really went into this cycle thinking THIS would be "the month", and now I feel so negative about the whole thing.

It also doesn't help that I've had 3 people ask me in the last 4 days when we're going to have another one, and I just want to scream at them "I'M TRYING!!!!!!!!!"  DH said not to let it make me feel bad, becuase we're trying our hardest, but I'm sure you all know how that feels. 

AF is due on Saturday, and I plan to test on Monday if she hasn't arrived.. though I am certain she will as with O'ing on CD22, that only gives me a 9day LP. 

Anybody have any tips on how to O earlier in your cycle?

Just me and DS.
#4 of 42 Old 07-16-2012, 05:52 AM

New here-- this is our first cycle trying to conceive! We're both very excited! 

#5 of 42 Old 07-16-2012, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread!

emountainmama--Sending some beginner's luck your way smile.gif

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#6 of 42 Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 AM

Good morning, ladies! Wishing everyone lots of luck this week! I'm still waiting to O, so no changes for me. :)

#7 of 42 Old 07-16-2012, 09:34 AM

Morning all, welcome emountainmama smile.gif

I hear you Tenk and StudyingStones, I think about timing too. My parents and at least my sister and her soon-to-be-husband and maybe others in my family are going to Disney next year in October. If I get pregnant in the next couple cycles, the trip might be doable with an older baby (4-6 months) and my DD who will be almost 4 then, but if it doesn't happen soon, then I think it is off the table. I've decided to not worry about it as I don't want to delay, but yeah I always think about what would be the ideal timing. Oh and I planned starting to TTC so I wouldn't have a baby earlier than late spring. I did not like having an infant in the winter and want to avoid that this time. I already felt so alone and shut in, it being winter just compounded that. If it is late spring, summer, fall, then I can get out and do things much easier!

My temps are all over the place this cycle, I may have to set an alarm next cycle to take my temps. If I did O, I'm pretty sure I already did, so go ahead and move me to Waiting to Know. It's my first cycle off BC so not so odd if my body is taking a cycle to get back on track. And if I do get lucky this cycle, so much the better! I have my yearly OB/GYN appointment on the 27th, so I'll probably test that morning or the day before since I know they will be testing me there. Alright, enough babbling!

Here is hoping for lots of good luck for everyone this week!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#8 of 42 Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 AM

StudyingStones, O'ing at a later date should not shorten your LP, it should make your entire cycle longer.  So if you O on day 18 and then AF arrives on day 30 this month it *should* be AF on day 34 instead giving you the same LP ... just a little FYI

And I understand totally with your vacation plans.  I'm not feeling very hopeful this time around either so maybe we'll hold off for a few months until we travel in April :)

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#9 of 42 Old 07-16-2012, 02:46 PM

Hi, everyone!

I hope you all had an amazing weekend. Mine was not wonderful. I miscarried last Tuesday and got through the rest of the week fine, but yesterday, it hit me very hard, for some reason. So much crying. I was only 4w5d, so I guess it was a chemical? And I can try again right away, so it's a small setback, but wow. Do you think my hormones are affecting me? I wonder if it'll affect O'ing this month. Or maybe I was just sad. It's a sad thing.

I also keep reading the March Due Date board over at FF. I should stop.

I ordered a pkg of Wondfo OPKs and HTPs from Amazon.ca, but it turns out they're being shipped from the States (I'm in Toronto). I wonder if they'll arrive before it's time to POAS for OPK. Anyone have any experience with that? Hoping I won't have to pony out more $.

Feeling much better today, though. Looking forward to trying again and it's nice to be here on this board with all of you. We're having a heat wave here. Can't wait until it breaks on Wednesday. Home made hamburgers and cold beer tonight.

#10 of 42 Old 07-16-2012, 03:21 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, magoodoggy. It is a sad thing, and you have every right to cry and be as upset as you need to be.
As for the amazon question, we order from them often enough, and orders from the states usually don't take more than a week to a week and a half, so hopefully it will arrive in time for you.

Thanks for the info, Tenk! It's clear to me just how ignorant I am about my own fertility. I think I really did take all this for granted, and assumed that I would get pregnant right away. How disappointing.
I am a bit confused though. My cycle has always been 32 days...as a young woman, pre-pregnancy, and post pregnancy, so I assume that's what it will be now (my last cycle, 3 cycles after coming off BCP was 32 days, leading me to believe that I have "normalized" and returned to my usual cycle length.)
Is it possible to just O really late in your cycle, and have a short LP naturally? Maybe I O'd later than usual this cycle? It's hard to know since this is my first time charting temps. I'm SOOOO confused by all this!!!

I wish I was like one of those baboons whose butt turns blue when she's fertile. That would take all the guessing out of it! LOL

Just me and DS.
#11 of 42 Old 07-16-2012, 04:56 PM

StudyingStones....   Look into a B Complex, it lengthened my lp when I first started taking it.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#12 of 42 Old 07-17-2012, 09:23 AM

Got my new thermometer!  Getting to re-know my cycle starting first thing tomorrow! Woo hoo! orngbiggrin.gif

#13 of 42 Old 07-17-2012, 12:40 PM

studyingstones: if your cycle has always been 32 days and you're fairly sure that you O late then yes your LP is shorter than "normal". My own experience has shown me that my O date is late and varies AND my LP varies, as a result my cycles are unpredictable in length. The temps are very clear though, for me, so that is what gives me the certainty about O date (and using the LH test strips helps). As for speeding up O: I was looking into that. This cycle it looks like my O might be the earliest ever (CD18 or 19, woohoo!), since I started charting, and the two main differences have been: increased vitex intake, and massive amounts of zinc. Not sure if either one of those is causing the earlier O, would have to experiment next month, doing without the zinc, though hopefully I won't have to...

Hope that helps.

magoodoggy: sending moral support! Hope you feel better soon!

AFM: DH and I will be celebrating my birthday early with dinner tonight and I had some EWCM earlier today so we'll probably be busy later as well... winky.gif

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#14 of 42 Old 07-17-2012, 05:29 PM

Thank you! We are both really excited!

Work has been very stressful lately, and I have this fear (which is probably irrational) that my stress levels will make it difficult to conceive. I'm trying to take lots of walks during the day and do other things to relax, but sometimes I get myself even more worried.

#15 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 05:44 AM

Thank you. I'm feeling so much better now that the week has started. I think it helps not thinking "This time last week I was pregnant". It's good to have some distance.

#16 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 06:30 AM

Congrats on the thermometer!

Well, FF is putting my O date on CD17, who knows really though with my temps all over, but if so our timing was decent fingersx.gif

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#17 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 10:24 AM

Hi all!

Please move me to waiting to O.  AF showed up 4 days ago.  Boo.  Slim chance of conceiving his month since we'll be traveling in an RV with our 4 kids during O time.  I can't imagine they'll go to sleep early enough and we'll be comfortable BDing so close to sleeping kids.  Not to mention the baby sleeps in our bed and wakes instantly if we try to move her into one of her siblings beds.  Blah.  It would be a miracle if we conceive this month!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#18 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudyingStones View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post

I'm in the same place as you, Tenk.  We usually take an annual trip to the Riviera Maya in January or February, and if I became pregnant this cycle, we wouldn't be able to do that (you can't fly during the last trimester, right?).  I brought this up to DH and I think he wants to wait so that we can still do the trip before the new baby comes (whenever that may be). 

I don't suppose it matters, as I'm not feeling very hopeful right now.  I originally thought I O'd on CD18, but now FF is telling me I O'd on CD22. 

Figures, DH and I spent the whole month having lots of sex, and on CD21 he was too tired and on CD22 I was too grumpy.  Now I feel like all that sex was for nothing (which is a stupid and negative way to look at it, I know).   Urghhhh, I am so frustrated!!  I really went into this cycle thinking THIS would be "the month", and now I feel so negative about the whole thing.

It also doesn't help that I've had 3 people ask me in the last 4 days when we're going to have another one, and I just want to scream at them "I'M TRYING!!!!!!!!!"  DH said not to let it make me feel bad, becuase we're trying our hardest, but I'm sure you all know how that feels. 

AF is due on Saturday, and I plan to test on Monday if she hasn't arrived.. though I am certain she will as with O'ing on CD22, that only gives me a 9day LP. 

Anybody have any tips on how to O earlier in your cycle?

You CAN fly in your last trimester, as long as your doctor approves it! =)

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#19 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 AM

StudyingStone - if you typically O around CD18 and you o'ed late this cycle, your cycle should lengthen proportionately. If you usually O on CD22 and have a 32 day cycle, then your LP would be on the short side. As Stevi said, taking a B Complex should help! But if this cycle was just whacky for some reason, don't worry about it! I know, easier said than done!

AFM: Nothing exciting, CD12 today, another week to 10 days before O day, so pretty much just chillin out... or not chillin, considering how hot it is here!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#20 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 03:25 PM

Any thought on whether it's more beneficial for TTC to BD in the morning or at night? We've been BD in the morning this week, just because we are so tired at night. I will most likely ovulate on Friday, and I'm wondering if I should continue BD tomorrow and Friday mornings, or instead tomorrow and Friday night. (I expect my temp rise on Saturday morning, so when on Friday will I have likely ovulated???) On that note, assuming all is okay in "his department," it's totally ok to BD every day, right? (Um, just during "TTC week," not all the time, I don't have that much energy, haha!)

My temps stopped being flat. Now they look like a mountain range. Went from 97.2 to 97.5, then down to 96.6, up to 97.0, down to 96.6 again. So wacky, I don't know what's up.

#21 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 03:39 PM

Hello ladies :) 

Welcome emountain :)

magoodoggy I am so sorry for your loss. You need time to grieve- it's totally understandable. Mine would hit me in the silliest of places...I hate crying in public...but it happened a few times...

Please move me to Waiting to O   last month wasn't our month- so this month I am trying my first month of B6 vitamins, 100mg and I am taking some calcium and a prenatal as well...sheesh. Wish us luck, next week should be my O time but I will be POAS just to make sure....if you get positive OPK's does that mean you for sure ovulated or does it just mean you had your LH surge (with possibility of not O'ing)? I feel like I should know the answer to this question but I don't. Also just wondering ppl's thoughts on Progesterone cream?

Lenny1027  I don't think it matters although I have heard it might be beneficial for sperm if you do it in the AM...can't remember why though. Anyway I have heard every other day is best because the sperm need time to "get made" but IDK....Can't hurt can it?

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

#22 of 42 Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 AM

Day 2 of temping again.....ugh... zzzzzz......

#23 of 42 Old 07-19-2012, 06:26 AM

So I O'd around CD 16, and normally get AF around CD 30/31, I'm on CD 32 with no signs of AF.  I'm being cautiously optimistic.  I had a faint positive yesterday and today, but after last month's chemical pregnancy/or whatever it was, I think it'll be another few days/weeks before I really believe it.

Megan - DP Mike - DS Jack (Feb 2010)

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40**

#24 of 42 Old 07-19-2012, 06:48 AM

Thanks to the ladies for their thoughtful replies.  I think I'll try taking B6 again this cycle to see if I can O a bit earlier.

Congratulations, newlyelated on your faint BFP. I hope it develops into something wonderful for you.

I hear ya, SleepingBeauty.. that morning temp'ing is SO exhausting.

AFM, I started spotting yesterday and somewhere in the illogical part of my brain I convinced myself that it was implantation bleeding, only to be disappointed this morning that it has picked up and is quickly turning into AF.  Please move me to Waiting to O.

I am really down in the dumps this morning, and I swear if anybody else tells me we should "really have another one", I'm going to punch them in the face. 

Also I was just told that some beeyotch that works here at the hospital was talking about me to people in the clinic she works in and telling everybody that the only reason I got my job is because my mom works here (not true, she doesn't even work in the same department or area and had nothing to do with my hiring). 

I really wish I had a punching bag in my office right now.   I just want to curl up in bed with my puppy and sleep.

Just me and DS.
#25 of 42 Old 07-19-2012, 07:49 AM

lenny1027, As far as BD morning or night, I don't think it matters really especially if you are BD everyday. If you were more infrequent, then it would be better to be closer to O. BD every day is fine if there are no issues on his end as far as I know.

gratefulstella, I'm not sure on OPKs myself, since they detect the Luteinizing Hormone that triggers the ovaries to ovulate, I would think a surge would be a pretty good bet that you were going to or had O'd, but maybe you can have the surge and still not O?

nearlyelated, congratulations on the faint positive, I'm sending positive vibes your way

StudyingStones, I really hate when people are asking/telling me to have another baby when I am actively trying, even when I am not it is annoying, but it just feels so much more personal then. I'm always tempted to just go right into an in depth spiel about how we are TTC and my temp was X this morning and blah blah to embarrass the crap out of them. If it wouldn't mortify my DH, I would do it in a heartbeat smile.gif but the fantasy of doing that helps. My standard response is just that we want to have another one sometime soon. I try to never ask people about plans for babies, I will talk about it if they bring it up of course, but it's just too rude for me to bring up except with maybe the closest friends/family and even with them I try to not bring it up first.

#26 of 42 Old 07-19-2012, 09:46 AM

Congratulations, nearlyelated! Since you're not allowing yourself to get excited, let me do it on your behalf. I'm hoping to be in your position in a couple of weeks!
#27 of 42 Old 07-20-2012, 06:46 AM

gratefulstella: my understanding is that the LH strips show the surge but the temps are what confirms the actual ovulation. Not sure though, maybe someone else can confirm this?

maydaymom: can you please move me to waiting to know? O came the earliest ever since I started charting, very exciting!

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#28 of 42 Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 AM

Thanks guys!  Still no AF, so I'm starting to think it might be sticking.  But I don't think I'll fully confident until I'm out of the first trimester.  I had a MC at 8 weeks in 2011, so I've learned to be cautious.

Hope to hear happy announcements from more of you as the month goes on!

Megan - DP Mike - DS Jack (Feb 2010)

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40**

#29 of 42 Old 07-20-2012, 09:14 AM

Hi, everyone!

I got an almost positive on my OPK (like 90% dark) today. I feel over the moon about this as it means my body is bouncing back after MC 11 days ago. Should we BD tonight or tomorrow? We BDed for fun last night, so I'm not sure DH will have a whole new supply of sperm  but I don't want to miss the egg either. Watery CM, but no EWCM yet.

Advice?

#30 of 42 Old 07-20-2012, 11:00 AM

Congratulations, Dakipode, on the early O date!  Hopefully that means a nice long LP to make a baby!!!  My fingers are crossed for you!

NearlyElated, My fingers are crossed for you too that your little bean sticks!  All the positives that have happened in the last month bode well for future successess.. I hope I will be amongst them!

Magoodoggy, If you BD'd yesterday, you're probably ok to wait until tomorrow (they say every other day is good, right?). But hey, if the mood strikes you, I'd go for it!  Wishing you luck!

AFM, AF has kicked into full swing today, and I've got some majorly intense cramping.  I was pretty weepy yesterday, but I'm feeling ok about it today (not like there's much I can do about it anyway!)  I think for this cycle I'm not going to temp, as it reallly stressed me out, and instead I'll just use OPKs, and possibly some Mucinex or Robitussin to help with getting more EWCM (I haven't had any these last few cycles). 

Of course, we'll be camping when I think I'll O, so I'm not counting on this cycle producing anything (hard to BD in a tent with a 5 year old and a puppy!), but I guess you never know!   Maybe sperm and egg will meet before we get to the forest, and I'll get lucky (haha, pun intended). 

At least now this means that we'll still be able to take a vacation in January before I hit the third trimester and can't fly anywhere.  Gotta look on the bright side whenever possible, right?

Hubby and I are having a date night tonight. DS is going for a sleepover with my mom, so we are going out for dinner and to see the Dark Knight Rises. 

Just me and DS.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page