BFP lines getting lighter? Or just dye differences? Opinons please! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-26-2012, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello ladies! I hope this is the right area to post these pictures, I could use a little help. We've been TTC off and on for about a year and a half (took a break to prevent a holiday baby) and we got our BFP on Monday! My cycles are irregular and I think I O'd on CD 18 - Monday would have been 13 or 14 DPO.

I tested with a dollar store test and FMU on Monday and got a pretty decent line (as you can see). I tested again on Tuesday morning for peace of mind, but it was really early and I was kind of delerius so I think I may have put too many drops on the stick (thus the yellow back ground) so I tested again a couple of hours later when I was more awake but still hadn't had anything to drink yet.

Since tests #2 and #3 were slightly lighter then the first test, I went a bought a pack of FRER's. I tested when I got home on Tuesday afternoon with the FRER and got a decent line even though I'd been drinking a ton of water all day and had fairly diluted urin. I tested with the FRER again this morning with FMU and got an almost identical line to the 1st FRER.

I stopped by the dollar store on my way home from work because I wanted to compare the tests. I waited until after dinner to test, and I have been drinking a lot of water today but the dollar store test is pretty light.

What do you guys think, should I be worried? I don't have insurance right now so going in for testing isn't an option.

The pictures of the tests go in the order I described - Monday DT with FMU, Tues DT w/ FMU but probably added too many drops, Tues DT 2MU, FRER Tuesday afternoon w/ lots of water, Wed FRER w/ FMU, Wed night DT w/lots of water.

So, what do you ladies think? Should I be worried? Or am I over reacting? I do plan on testing again in the morning with FMU with both a DT test and a FRER. Also, please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post my question. TIA!!!

Oh! And the FRER's in the picture are upside down so that the control line on all the tests is on the L and the test lines are on the R.

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

#2 of 7 Old 07-26-2012, 05:06 AM

STOP TESTING!!!

Seriously, you'll just drive yourself nuts. Different tests and different brands aren't really comparable, and line intensity is not a great indicator of hormone levels, especially testing just hours apart! Even most docs test betas every other day!!!

So stop spending money on these silly sticks and congratulations on your pregnancy!! joy.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 7 Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 AM

Your FRERs arent getting any lighter, i wouldnt worry. You cant compare different brands for darkness or lightness. Congrats !!!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#4 of 7 Old 07-26-2012, 05:39 AM

I agree with PP.  When I got my BFP the lines on FRER and the Dollar Tree test where never close in darkness and varied depending on what time of day I took them, that's just my experience.  Congratulations!!!

Wife to my love Ted, and Mama to DS  ('09)    DD  ('11)  DS ('12) love.gif!

#5 of 7 Old 07-26-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

That's what I needed to hear, thanks ladies!!

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

#6 of 7 Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Congratulations!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#7 of 7 Old 07-26-2012, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyAC View Post

Congratulations!

Thank you!!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page