New to this... 11 DPO, BFN, still maybe pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-29-2012, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

I am very new to the TTC scene. My DH and I started trying last month. We were in the middle of moving into our new house and it was a very stressful time. I thought I might be pregnant because my period was over a week late and my cycle is NEVER late. Sadly, after 2 BFN, AF came.

I was feeling really good about this month. We did the BD almost everyday from days 10 through 18 of my cycle. I am almost certain that I ovulated on day 16 (EWCM with pinkish tinge).

10 DPO (yesterday), I thought I had implantation spotting late afternoon. It was stretchy and clear with the slightest pink/ brown color. Since then, nothing.

This morning, I took FRER and got BFN. I am 11 DPO. Expecting AF tomorrow assuming my cycle is back to normal. Did I take the test too early? Or was it likely accurate?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 07-29-2012, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC!

I do believe that stressful situations will move ovulation and therefore can delay your period, but if I remember correctly it doesn't delay the period itself. 

As for the test, it could have been too early. 10DPO is usually the earliest one is able to test (although I have heard of + results at 9DPO) and best results are usually at 14 DPO or a couple days past your longest regular cycle. Of course the FRER are the best if you are going to test earlier but sometimes it is still too early. 

Also if you only just had what you think was implantation spotting then it will usually take 3-5 days past implantation to have enough hormone built up in your body to show on a pee test... I'll cross my fingers and hope that someone else has some good info for you as it's been awhile since TTC for me!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#3 of 14 Old 07-29-2012, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply!

I am hopeful about this month, because after the move, I was able to stay home from work (I am a teacher and it's summer). So I have had a chance to slow down and the stress is gone!

I was thinking that if AF does not show up by Tuesday or Wednesday, I will try another FRER.
#4 of 14 Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 PM

Jazzy, I'm in the same boat - same dpo and everything.  I had some light spotting in the form of pink-tinged CM yesterday, but I am still spotting today.  I also took an FRER test - BFN.  I'm trying to stay positive that it was still just too early and that since implantation was a bit late (possibly 10dpo), then I need to wait a couple of more days to get a positive result.  :hugs:

#5 of 14 Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

It helps to know I am not alone!

No more spotting since 10 DPO. AF hasn't showed yet, but is expected today. Thinking of taking another FRER tomorrow or Wednesday which would be 13 or 14 DPO.

Good luck to you!
#6 of 14 Old 07-31-2012, 11:29 AM

Just wanted to share and say that I am in the same boat as you, OP. I'm on CD12 now, got BFN today and three days ago. But my temp is still up, and I'm still hopeful. When we were TTC DD, I got BFN on CD9, 11, and 12, skipped 13, and got BFP on CD14, and then I tested again on 15 or 16 and of coruse it stayed BFP. So, still hope for both of us! I'm going to try not to test tomorrow, but you know how that goes. orngtongue.gif

#7 of 14 Old 07-31-2012, 11:38 AM

Also wanted to add that your post itself has given me more hope. I had some "unusual" CM on 6DPO (without a temp dip) that sounds similar to what you described as implantation spotting. I recall having implantation spotting with DD, but it was actual spotting like I'm used to seeing, so I didn't know what could be going on with me this time...until now.

#8 of 14 Old 07-31-2012, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

That gives me hope!!! Best of luck to you. You'll have to let me know how yours turns out.

I'm now on 13 DPO and was able to resist testing today. AF is officially one day late. I will test tomorrow first thing in the morning, so 14 DPO.

Now I know it's easy to "find" symptoms when you are hoping for them, but I have felt a very mild nausea on and off since the first spotting. Not enough to make me sick or not want to eat, but enough that I feel mildly queasy. There was also a little more spotting today, but barely anything. Yesterday I had what felt like AF cramps, but with no AF (which has never happened to me). Can pregnancy cramps feel like AF?

This two week wait thing is so stressful!!! Your mind starts playing tricks on you...

#9 of 14 Old 08-01-2012, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

BFN this morning at 14 DPO. Getting discouraged and starting to think AF is coming late like last month.

I know I am only 2 months TTC, but I am starting to worry about my fertility...
#10 of 14 Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 PM

Yeah I got BFN today too. I think 13DPO but may be 11. We are cycle 2 of TTC #2. Right there with you. Though I am still hopeful Bc my temp went up and it usually tanks right before Af which is due tomorrow. Time will tell....
#11 of 14 Old 08-01-2012, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Sadly, my AF showed up about 30 minutes after testing. I was so disappointed! We did everything right... Onto the next month...

Well, it's still early for you. Best of luck and let me know how it goes!!

#12 of 14 Old 08-02-2012, 04:15 PM

Still BFN here. But no AF. I'm now convinced that I O'd on CD18, which would make today 12DPO and AF due tomorrow. Maybe I'll get lucky in the a.m.

#13 of 14 Old 08-03-2012, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Still possible for you. Good luck!
#14 of 14 Old 08-05-2012, 07:14 PM

Turns out not. I must have O'd about 4 days later than I thought, now that I analyse my chart better, giving me a perfectly normal LP of 12 days. On to the next month. That was our 2nd month TTC as well (#2 here). We'll get there, you and I both!!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page