The ONE Thread - July 29 - Aug 5 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yeeeahhhh Magoodoggy!!!  Congrats!!!

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, I can be moved to Waiting to O. This month was not our month. On to the next one. 

Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM

Congratulations Magoodoggy!

Still waiting here. 11 or 13DPO with BFN this morning. Worried that FRER would still be negative with AF due tomorrow. But hopeful because. I didn't get BFP with DD until 14DPO and my temp went up today. Uuuugggh the waiting
Old 08-02-2012, 05:28 AM

Congrats magoodoggy!! Best wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 08-02-2012, 06:07 AM

Congrats Magoodoggy! 

AFM...Af was due yesterday and is nowhere to be found.  A couple times I've rushed to the bathroom thinking it was here for sure to find nothing.  I just ran around my house searching for a hidden HPT  with no luck.  It is probably good, I had made a decision to not test until I was very obviously late which would technically mean after the weekend.  All those months I had BFNs I felt like a dolt for wasting money when I could have just waited a couple more days for my answer.   Now, if I had a dollar tree near me with their cheapie tests or had ordered more wondfos I'd be all over testing right now.   Nothing to do but wait and see...

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
Old 08-02-2012, 06:36 AM

I have been so confused this cycle- it seems to be nothing like any of my previous ones. Seemed to be gearing up for ovulation around day 14 or so, but no significant temp rise (up by 2 tenths for a couple days, but it seems insignificant looking at the whole chart ). We've continued trying every other day, because my CM seemed to be staying somewhat wet. Today (day 20) my temp dropped by 7 tenths of a degree. Seems like its possible that I had delayed ovulation due to stress (we were out of town at a wedding last weekend), and this is a pre-o dip?

Who knows. Every morning I wake up hoping to see a temp spike, and get sad when I don't. At this point I'm trying to convince myself that I need to just let it go this month, and wait for next month. Better if I don't get my hopes up, you know?

Congratulations Magoodoggy! Very exciting!

Old 08-02-2012, 09:34 AM

Congrats Magoodoggy smile.gif

Went in for my annual visit with the OBGYN yesterday and everything looks good. Told her I wasn't going to schedule for next year yet as I was hoping to see her again soon for a pregnancy appointment, she wished me luck and was just so positive about it, was nice to be able to talk to someone in person besides DH. Anyway, I am feeling good about this cycle so here's hoping for me and all of us!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

Old 08-03-2012, 06:06 AM

I can be moved back to Waiting to O. AF arrived this morning. At least my lp is back to 11 days.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:26 AM

My body is misbehaving. I'm 13DPO today (maybe...this cycle is so weird). BFN this morning, and *maybe* AF, but I don't even know, it's not even enough to call it spotting so far. I'm still not 100% convinced that it's AF yet, just because my temp is still high. Went up a lot on Wednesday, then down a bit yesterday, and now up again almost to what it was Wednesday. I normally always get a huge drop the day AF comes, or the day before. So, holding out hope that this is early pg spotting until AF really shows herself. Just deluding myself, probably. faint.gif

Old 08-03-2012, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Congratulations, Magoo! good luck to you over the next 9 months, and I hope plenty of us will be on the journey with you!

Ciga and Lenny, fingers crossed for you as you find out if it is AF or BFP!

AFM I have been keeping busy with work, which leaves me less time to obsess and worry about TTC but also means I have been here less often. so much to catch up on! I O'ed on CD 14 this month which is 2-3 days earlier than any other since I started temping, and threw our timing off. The ironic thing is this is the first month I used OPKs diligently, and I ignored what must have actually been a positive on CD13 since the test line was only as dark as the control, not darker. All my other strips were very light test lines. At lest I'll know what to look for next month! Since AF came yesterday we're back to square one.

How have you all dealt with O'ing early? Is there anything to do about it, other than use OPKs? I am planning to finish off the big batch of cheap strips I bought but will be happy when that month comes (probably next month) since POASing 3 times a day for 5-7 days is getting old fast. At least it makes me conscious of staying hydrated!

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
Old 08-04-2012, 04:24 AM

Thank you so much for the well wishes! I hope that you all join me soon!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoodoggy View Post

Thank you so much for the well wishes! I hope that you all join me soon!

Do you want to be move to a graduate, or do you want to sit with it for a bit?? Let me know & congratulations again!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Old 08-04-2012, 06:43 PM

Maybe I'll wait until I miss my period before moving to the graduates. I'll let you know! Thanks so much!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

New thread is up: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1359911/the-one-thread-aug-5-12

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Old 08-06-2012, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Hello everyone,

I am new and feeling really alone and could use some support.

It's difficult as many of our friends have kids already or are pregnant. 

We are finally at a point where we want to have kids but we know its going to be a long and difficult road for both of us.

My fiance is a paraplegic and we may have a difficult time conceiving.

I feel so alone.

July was the first month we tried- we only managed to have sex once during my fertile period so we knew it was a long shot but I was so upset when I get my period on Saturday.

So I guess, I am waiting to ovulation in August and hope for the best.

How do you deal with the loneliness but also not let it become an all consuming thing within your life?s

Thanks

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post

Hello everyone,

I am new and feeling really alone and could use some support.

It's difficult as many of our friends have kids already or are pregnant. 

We are finally at a point where we want to have kids but we know its going to be a long and difficult road for both of us.

My fiance is a paraplegic and we may have a difficult time conceiving.

I feel so alone.

July was the first month we tried- we only managed to have sex once during my fertile period so we knew it was a long shot but I was so upset when I get my period on Saturday.

So I guess, I am waiting to ovulation in August and hope for the best.

How do you deal with the loneliness but also not let it become an all consuming thing within your life?s

Thanks

I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. This is a great community, offering lots of support. I'm going to copy and paste your post to this week's thread. We have a new thread that begins each Sunday. Here is the link to the new one: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1359911/the-one-thread-aug-5-12

I hope you find the support that you're looking for!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List