August TWW Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 94 Old 08-27-2012, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

skeemama - I'm sorry about your BFN.  hug2.gif  I hope you are successful next time.

TwilightJoy - That's kind of annoying.  10DPO is still early though.  I would also say test again with the FRER in the morning or wait another day.  Good luck!

Milk8shake - I think it's ironic that you were the only one on here not trying to get pregnant, but you did anyway!  Congratulations!  I completely understand your hesitancy.  It must be very difficult after all you have been through.  But I am so happy for you, and I am sending all my most positive and healthy vibes your way.  I hope everything goes smoothly! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#62 of 94 Old 08-27-2012, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tested this morning again! pos.gif

Wondfo's line was even lighter than yesterday's, but I splurged and peed on a digtal- and it said PREGNANT!!!

Click to see it bigger.

I'm alternating between excited and terrified!

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#63 of 94 Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightJoy View Post

Wondfo's line was even lighter than yesterday's, but I splurged and peed on a digtal- and it said PREGNANT!!!
Click to see it bigger.

Wow, yay! nut.gif I wonder why the Wondfo is lighter? But the fact that the digital picked it up is a really good sign! Blessings, Mama!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#64 of 94 Old 08-27-2012, 12:05 PM

Milk, hoping for the best for you! Stick, bean stick!!!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#65 of 94 Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations TwilightJoy!  I hope the next 8 months are happy and healthy!

joy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gif

#66 of 94 Old 08-27-2012, 04:24 PM

Hello! I joined this site after I had some confusing period last month and now this month I am confused again! So for the last 3-4 months (not this last month though) I have been on the nuva ring. Well last month we would take it out during sex because it is uncomfortable and then put it back in after. Well there were a few nights where I would forget to put it back in until the next morning. So last month on the 29th of July (sunday I believe) I started having really light brown spotting until thursday and then it turned into a normal period until saturday when it ended. Well anyhow during this abnormal period of mine I thought it might be due to implantation bleeding and got a test done. I wasn't pregnant and then my flow returned for the last few days and I knew it was just an abnormal period.

Well I marked down that I started my period on the 29th of july (since thats when i first saw the brown blood). Since I had an abnormal period last month I decided not to put my nuva ring back in and to let myself have a normal month. (was going to switch to the pill once i got my period). Ever since I was 14 and started my period I have been like clock work, every 28 days. The only thing that has ever made me not it BC but as soon as i take it out the next month is right back to clock work! So I figured that by the 27th (today) I would get my period and nothing. Usually I have very bad cramps the day before- 2nd day of my period and I have no cramps to speak. Right now my nipples are sore and Im very tired ( I went to bed at 9pm and woke up at 630am so not due to lack of sleep). My nipples NEVER hurt. I can tug and pull and nada, right now i just have to touch them and they hurt. I took a test saturday (not fmu) and it was negative. I dont know if im maybe making things up in my head or what.

What do you think?

Thanks for any and all input!

#67 of 94 Old 08-27-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

TwilightJoy  - I don't know about Wondfo, they don't have that brand here.  I'm a FRER girl all the way.  I can easily see the positives, but to not have an inkling of a line on a FRER is a bit suspicious.  If I were you, I'd probably take another FRER tomorrow... 

I'm going to try and resist tomorrow and test with FRER again on Wednesday. I can't help but be worried that FRER isn't turning positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyAC View Post

TwilightJoy - That's kind of annoying.  10DPO is still early though.  I would also say test again with the FRER in the morning or wait another day.  Good luck!

Thanks! Definitely will try again with FRER- Fingers crossed for Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Wow, yay! nut.gif  I wonder why the Wondfo is lighter? But the fact that the digital picked it up is a really good sign! Blessings, Mama!

Thank you so much for the blessings! hug.gif I did pee in the middle of the night, but when I POAS this morning for the lighter Wondfo it was still FMU. Maybe just a different batch or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyAC View Post

Congratulations TwilightJoy!  I hope the next 8 months are happy and healthy!
joy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gif

Thank you so much! That is my prayer as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysue View Post

Well I marked down that I started my period on the 29th of july (since thats when i first saw the brown blood).

I took a test saturday (not fmu) and it was negative. I dont know if im maybe making things up in my head or what.

What do you think?

I think you should definitely test again tomorrow morning with FMU. If you did ovulate, I'm pretty sure you'd be showing positive by now. If you're having an anovulatory cycle, sometimes they go longer than normal.

Quote:

AFM: So much for having the month off, as I am pregnant again. With my history of recurrent loss, I'm hardly shouting from the rooftops at this point though.

And back to you.... hug.gifhug.gifhug.gif I hope and pray that this is a sticky baby for you. I have a good feeling!!!

#68 of 94 Old 08-27-2012, 05:59 PM

Hi all and congrats to those who have gotten their BFP this month! I'm new to posting on MDC and first timer on this board. I was "due" for AF yesterday and know we dtd on my exact O day, but not much before. I tested a few days ago and yesterday but never with FMU and both were totally negative. I was trying to hold off because my cycles vary from 25-31 days...but 27 is most typical (yesterday). Those $1 test got to me! I still have two left. I've felt every symptom of pregnancy or PMS under the sun. I have been pregnant twice, one ending in m/c and one lovely DD, and I didn't even test until CD35 or so with those pregnancies and got positives. I can't decide if everything I'm feeling (and oh, let's not forget the baby dreams...) is all PMS or if there might be something going on. I really feel like AF could show any minute, but that's how I've felt each pregnancy. If I don't start by Wednesday, I'll test that morning. Wonky cycles and PMS mimicking pregnancy--super frustrating! It's good to get all that out there and find a place to hang out with others playing the waiting game too. Good luck to those still here or trying next go round.

#69 of 94 Old 08-27-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:

Click to see it bigger.

Awesome!!
Congrats!!

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#70 of 94 Old 08-28-2012, 03:00 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

I'm going to try and resist tomorrow and test with FRER again on Wednesday. I can't help but be worried that FRER isn't turning positive.

If the digi is positive, then I wouldn't worry.  They are notoriously less sensitive than other tests.  I'd say tomorrow's FRER will be +

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#71 of 94 Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome.gif littlerocknroll!  It sounds like you have a good attitude, waiting until you are closer to sure rather than POAS like crazy.  I hope your symptoms are not PMS.  Gooc luck!

#72 of 94 Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 AM

Tested this morning and got a BFN, still no AF though!

#73 of 94 Old 08-28-2012, 04:03 PM

i couldn't hold off until wednesday like i hoped when there was no AF this morning, but like emmysue, i also got a BFN. i think i'm just having a longer cycle this month, since i am (i think) 15 DPO and would have expected a positive by now if i were going to get one!

#74 of 94 Old 08-28-2012, 04:13 PM

littlerocknroll - Sorry to hear you got a BFN too. I think I am going to be testing every morning until I get either BFP or AF comes. I just want to know one way or the other. Today I have been having some weird indigestion, nothing ive ever had before. And some light cramps, which if AF is coming shes not coming with a vengance like normal.

#75 of 94 Old 08-28-2012, 06:46 PM

emmysue, i totally just want to know one way or the other too. this time i (really!) will wait a day or two if no AF to test (trying to save the last one!), but if i don't start tomorrow i am going to be REALLY suspicious of all the BFN! i was having more symptoms of either pg or pms last week than i am now. just swollen (for almost 2 wks) boobs and nipple sensitivity/pain. tiny cramps here and there and back pain, but that was all worse last week--along with some other off symptoms that are no longer hanging around. as much as i think i'm out, i'm also just a little confused! i know all of us over here are hyper aware of every little twinge and WOW...i just feel nutty. certainly i'll know something by this weekend...i'll either have some news for SO on our labor day beach getaway or be stuck on AF the whole time! keep us posted when you test!

#76 of 94 Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 PM

I will make sure to keep you posted, you do the same! Like I said I will test everyday till AF or BFP. It's gotta be one or the other... Have fun on your beach getaway!!
#77 of 94 Old 08-29-2012, 05:03 AM

No need to wait to test for me..AF is here in a serious way. I hope you find out what's going on this cycle for you soon, emmysue!

#78 of 94 Old 08-29-2012, 05:41 AM

littlerocknroll- hug.gif Hang in there. I hope next month is your month!

emmysue- Did you test again? Fingers crossed!!!

Quote:

If the digi is positive, then I wouldn't worry. They are notoriously less sensitive than other tests. I'd say tomorrow's FRER will be +

I didn't test yesterday, but I took 3 tests this morning. Finally FRER was pos.gif!!!

banana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

Click to see the image bigger.

#79 of 94 Old 08-29-2012, 06:43 AM

Sorry to hear about AF coming littlerocknroll, hopefully next month you get your BFP!

As for me no sign of AF still and I Got a BFN this morning on a digital. Feeling a little nauseous (spelling?) though.

Congrats twilightjoy, hope you have a great pregnancy!
#80 of 94 Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM

congrats twilightjoy! 

how many DPO are you, emmysue?

#81 of 94 Old 08-29-2012, 01:43 PM

@ littlerocknroll - I honestly have no idea. I dont chart or anything, we werent trying. But my last period started on the 29 of july and ended the 4th of august.

#82 of 94 Old 08-29-2012, 02:52 PM

Hi everyone, unfortunately our second iui did not work, AF arrived early too - day 26.  For the second cycle we did Clomid, a trigger, and progesterone after iui.  We head back to the DR tomorrow to discuss our next plan of attack.  I have 2 questions - for all of you out there taking the iui route, how soon did you decide to change the donor being used? We used the same for our first 2 unsucessful attempts, and are wondering if we should switch it up for round 3.  Also, is it common to get your period on progesterone and does it make it come earlier? My wife is normally a 28 day cycle, with this round of progesterone, it was 26.  Just wondering if anyone experienced similar things, Thanks!

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#83 of 94 Old 08-30-2012, 06:42 AM

So another BFN this morning, still no sign of AF. My cervix is high and soft, wouldn't it be low and hard if I was going to have AF?
#84 of 94 Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

emmysue - I'm sorry about the BFN.  hug2.gif  Normally, your cervix would be high and soft only when you are fertile.  After you ovulate, it usually moves back down and gets firmer.  I'm not sure what it does if you are pregnant.  I hope you know either way soon.

SanDiego - I did still get my period on time while taking progesterone.  I don't know that Clomid could make it come earlier unless your wife ovulated earlier than usual.  The luteal phase normally stays the same, so your cycle could be shorter if you ovulate early.  As for switching donors, that can be a tough decision.  If the IUI's were well-timed, and the donor has had successful pregnancies and live births, I might do 3 before considering switching.  We used the same one 3 times then switched because he was sold out.  Then we used another for 5 tries because I did get pregnant one cycle but had an early loss.  We had 2 unsuccessful cycles after that so now we are switching.  There are a lot of factors to consider.  If you can find one you like with a higher count, it could be worth it.  I would also like to invite you to join the Queer Conceptions thread if you are interested.  You will find a lot more advice, support and knowledge about donors, IUI's with frozen, etc.  I'm sorry about your BFN.  This can be a confusing process when things happen that you don't expect.  I hope the next time you have better results.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1358987/queer-conceptions-august-2012

#85 of 94 Old 08-30-2012, 11:05 AM

Thanks PokeyAC! I think I am going to take a week (thats my goal, probably will only last a few days) before I test again. If i still get BFN after two weeks late for my period I will go get a blood test done! At this point, even though we werent trying, I am really hoping I am pregnant!

#86 of 94 Old 08-30-2012, 01:03 PM

thanks PokeyAC, I will check out that group for sure, and thanks for the info.  Interesting to hear you also got your period while taking progesterone.  Yes, my wife actually did ovulate early on Clomid so that does make sense for the shorter cycle.   I think we may try our donor one more time (his counts last time were really good) and take it from there.  He is a brand hew donor to the bank we're using so no known pregnancies yet, hopefully we'll be #1!  Thanks again

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#87 of 94 Old 08-30-2012, 03:17 PM

I know that I said I would wait a week to test again and then if I still didn't have AF I would get a blood test but I figured why wait. I went and got a Quantitative serum blood test today (that way I know how much HCG is in my blood, not just yes or no). I should know by tomorrow. I figured why wait for blood, they should be able to already to tell by now. Wish me luck! Thanks!

#88 of 94 Old 08-30-2012, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck, Emmysue!

#89 of 94 Old 08-30-2012, 06:25 PM

Fingers crossed for you! I hope they call early in the morning!

My nurse said she's call in the morning... at 1pm I gave up and called and left a message. 3:30 called and left another message. redface.gif Finally at 4:25 they called with my results!

#90 of 94 Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 AM

I should hear by noon today I think! Ahh the suspense is killing me! Thanks for the support TwilightJoy and PokeyAC!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page