What do you think? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-31-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I am supposed to start my period at the end of this week/beginning of next week. A few days ago I noticed a brown/pinkish discharge and then that night I woke up to go pee in the middle of the night and noticed blood when I wiped. But that was it, just enough to wipe. Then came the discharge again. Today I have been having cramps and started lightly bleeding (lighter in color than normal) but it was very  light. Thought maybe I started early.  I put  a tampon in and when i took it out there was a lot of brown on it and a little bit of blood. I left it out and still havent bled anymore. What do you think it is??

#2 of 6 Old 07-31-2012, 05:45 PM

I am in a similar situation!
I am 13 DPO and had very light spotting at 10 DPO. Same as you- just enough to wipe and a brownish pinkish color. Have had normal discharge since.
I got a BFN 11 DPO, but from what I have been hearing, that can be too early if there was just implantation spotting.
I think we could still get BFPs as long as AF doesn't show! Give it a few days maybe?
I am going to test tomorrow fmu.
Good luck!
#3 of 6 Old 08-01-2012, 03:51 AM

I hate to be the downer but that is exactly what happened to me when I miscarried last March.  A little brown then it went away for a few days, then a pink, then a BFP, then more pink...brown...AF  all over the course of like 2 weeks.

I also remember talking to people who had this happen without a BFP at all, so I don't want to imply that it necessarily means miscarriage.  But then there are women who have spotting and end up having healthy pregnancies so it probably really all depends on how your body responds to things.

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#4 of 6 Old 08-01-2012, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

I took a home pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. When I wiped there was more brown. Still no period. Maybe i took it too soon?

#5 of 6 Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM

I believe if you see IB, you should wait at least 2 days before you test. The hcg levels will be too low if it's too soon.

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#6 of 6 Old 08-02-2012, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

took a blood test yesterday. my hcg levels were less than 1. Oh well. Its just confusing, still having brownish discharge/bleeding not red.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page