"Chemical" Pregnancy - What to expect? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-01-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry!  I haven't been on here in quite some time....

After 8 months of TTC #2, we finally got a faint BFP at 14dpo, 2-3 days after my period was due - same day we got one with DD.  It was still faint yesterday (15dpo).  Then last night I had light pink spotting and bad cramps if I did anything except lay down.  I got up with DD once to go potty, and the cramps got really bad and bleeding like a period, and I figured that was the end of it.  This morning, my temp dropped like it does the day my period usually starts.

Is there anything I need to do?  Watch for?  I was reading about them, and it said my period could be lighter than normal, but it's definitely much heavier.  AND the cramps are bad like before I started using cloth.  Is it ok to take Ibprofuen? 

We're doing ok.  DH seems fine, he says he's confused, but I only told him we were preggo yesterday afternoon (he wanted to be "suprised.")  But I've known for a two days... long enough to get excited.  I guess I'm just frustrated.

Thanks,

Kristin

PS:  Sorry if this goes somewhere else... I didn't see a loss forum, but I didn't look extremely hard either....

selectivevax.gifcd.gifbfinfant.gif & Part-Time EC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-01-2012, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Kristin, I'm sorry you are going through this.  It's hard even when you only know you are pregnant for a few days.  This happened to me a few months ago.  I didn't notice that my bleeding or cramping was much different from my regular period.  I took ibuprofen because I knew I definitely wasn't pregnant.  I don't think there's much you can do at this point.  If something really unusual happens, like you are in a lot of pain, then you might call your doctor.  The good news is they say you are more fertile the 3 months after a loss.  I hope you are feeling better soon, and good luck to you in the future. hug2.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 7 Old 08-01-2012, 12:23 PM

I'm so sorry Kristin,

I also suffered an early loss a few months ago and my period ended up being a little heavier.  I took another HPT a few days after I started bleeding and since it was negative I didn't bother calling my doctor.  When I talked to her about it at my yearly physical last week she said that the most important thing is that your HCG levels go back to zero.  Since I had that negative test and then had a regular period the next month I knew my body had dealt with it fine. I would second pokeyAC's advice to call if something feels wrong or especially painful but otherwise your body will probably take care of it on its own.

It's amazing how attached you can become to something you only knew for such a short time.  I feel for you.  If you want someone to talk to about it or have any other questions feel free to PM me.

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#4 of 7 Old 08-02-2012, 01:41 PM

Sorry hon. :(  Your period could be heavier, longer and you could have stronger cramps but it's not always the case. I found out I had a blighted ovum a few months ago when I was pregnant and started bleeding lightly. I was almost 7 weeks since my lmp (don't know why my body waited that long). The size of the sack was thought to be like a 4-5 week old viable pregnancy. I was nervous about it but the cramps weren't bad at all and I was bleeding  a little bit more than usually but not by much. I believe it lasted for an extra day or two over my regular period. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#5 of 7 Old 08-14-2012, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

hunnie i am so sorry i lost one back in feb 6 that they told me was just right at 4 weeks along and then feel pregnant again and lost that one in mothersday so i know how you feel but just keep your head up girl and believe that god knows what he is doing  you will be ok  and i am praying for you to get a good bfp next month just keep your faith

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#6 of 7 Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all... we did end up getting a BFP the following cycle.  We didn't think it was going to happen as DH was working double shifts covering for one of the other paramedics (48 on 24 off), then we were headed right off for a week long camping trip with family in a one room cabin!  I ended up ovulating unexpectedly early, and got a good strong BFP at 13dpo.  I'm a little over 24 weeks now, and the midwife suspects twins... we shall see!

As for the physical experience.  My period was longer by a day or two, and significantly heavier for 5-6 days.  Usually the first 2-3 days are heavy, then its almost just spotting to day 7.  I also had some pretty strong cramps for 3-4 days, where it's usually only a day or two and I dont need any pain meds.  I did end up taking Ibuprofen.

selectivevax.gifcd.gifbfinfant.gif & Part-Time EC
#7 of 7 Old 01-19-2013, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

congrats

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page