Bajingo Juice in August brings on the BFP's - TTC #1 in our 30s - August 2012 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 79 Old 08-28-2012, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Amanda, this site has a good explanation of when "AF" occurs after no ovulation - basically it is withdrawal bleeding, but not really a menstrual period.  They say it is really unlikely.  Some other things I have read other say it is more likely to have a late ovulation, then no ovulation. 

anduluza, thanks for the encouragement.  Having enough sperm frozen for an IVF cycle is so calming.  Now if DH's work will just give him educational reimbursement so we have the money to move forward with scheduling our IVF cycle.    Hoping in two weeks, the reimbursement will be in DH's paycheck.  It wasn't there today.  I am a little bummed.  Waiting, waiting, waiting.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#62 of 79 Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dakipode -  Whole30 is a major diet restructuring, basically.  A good explanation of it is at whole9life.com.  Essentially for 30 days I am not eating dairy (except clarified butter), natural or artificial sweeteners, soy, wheat or any other grains (including corn), or any processed foods.  DH thinks I'm starving myself but I feel like I eat HUGE meals!  I'm down 17lbs since the end of July & over half of that has been in the past week & a half.  Once the 30 days is up I will slowly attempt to reintroduce all the foods that I have cut out in order to see if any of them are causing inflammation or sensitivities.

Seems like a lot of people are having good things happening lately! Loving the good vibes on this board!

AFM - I got my blood results today, overall my numbers are SLOWLY moving where I want them to be, although I was a bit disappointed that it looks like my overall blood sugar count (over the past 3 months) is higher than it should be - but that's something the whole30 will likely help with too.  Still, in all it was encouraging.

Married my best friend & love of my life 11/12 , proud bonus momma to dss (13). TTC our first together. We like and plan to
#63 of 79 Old 08-29-2012, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

Lee's Girl, glad that your numbers are looking better.  Always encouraging.  That 30 day plan for removing potentially 'sensitive' foods sounds interesting.  Glad to see it is making a difference for you.

AFM, today FF finally put solid lines on my O date so now I feel like the real waiting begins.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#64 of 79 Old 08-29-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygirl View Post

AFM, been enjoying our first active TTC cycle and I'm sure it's TMI but I've got obscene amounts of EWCM today. Headed home from work to see DH and get busy in just a bit. I figure I'm due to O in the next day or so. FX'd!

Woohoo for EWCM! Good luck and have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee'sGirl View Post

Dakipode -  Whole30 is a major diet restructuring, basically.  A good explanation of it is at whole9life.com.  Essentially for 30 days I am not eating dairy (except clarified butter), natural or artificial sweeteners, soy, wheat or any other grains (including corn), or any processed foods.  DH thinks I'm starving myself but I feel like I eat HUGE meals!  I'm down 17lbs since the end of July & over half of that has been in the past week & a half.  Once the 30 days is up I will slowly attempt to reintroduce all the foods that I have cut out in order to see if any of them are causing inflammation or sensitivities.

I'll have to check it out. I find that diets just add stress to my life, not what I need, and I don't seem to have any obvious allergies besides lactose intolerance (and whey). I think the hardest part sometimes is listening to your body and being able to read the signs it's displaying so good for you for taking this step and becoming more aware of what works and doesn't work for you!

Lilac: on to the 2WW then? Any fun plans to keep yourself occupied?

AFM: temps have been up and down, don't know why, maybe related to the cooler being on all night and the nights have definitely been getting much cooler. Not due for AF till the end of the week or beginning of next week so that temp drop 2 days ago took me by surprise. Working on my to do list to stay busy and focused on life (rather than focus on waiting...)

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#65 of 79 Old 08-29-2012, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the info everyone!  

I'm finding I am pretty sensitive to changes in room temperature too.  So I'm trying to recreate the same temperature conditions each time I temp and am starting to see a pattern.  My guess is FF will peg my O on Monday.  So I figure I'll wait until next Fri or so to test.  

Then again, I've been experiencing some odd things.  Of course I don't know if these can be attributed to going off the pill or if they're symptoms of pregnancy or not, or it they're possibly related to the allergies I recently discovered though I'm pretty sure that while I could blame the nausea and headaches on allergies the sore bbs are probably not applicable.  I might add that my bbs never, EVER got sore before.

So I'm either in my TWW or WTH is going on...

#66 of 79 Old 08-29-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynnH View Post

Then again, I've been experiencing some odd things.  Of course I don't know if these can be attributed to going off the pill or if they're symptoms of pregnancy or not, or it they're possibly related to the allergies I recently discovered though I'm pretty sure that while I could blame the nausea and headaches on allergies the sore bbs are probably not applicable.  I might add that my bbs never, EVER got sore before.

So I'm either in my TWW or WTH is going on...

Before I started charting the way I would know AF was coming was because a couple of days before O my BBs get heavy and sore, they stay that way during 2WW and then they deflate on the day AF starts. Your body's own hormones can probably account for the soreness, as opposed to not having that natural cycle while on BCP, but it could be pregnancy related as well... I found it absolutely fascinating to learn about these monthly changes my body displays.

#67 of 79 Old 08-30-2012, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Sorry I've been gone for a while. Things got busy in life so I check in and read but don't post.

Lilac so good to hear you have enough sperm to try for an IVF. Sending some fertile thoughts your way in the meantime though ... maybe if his count has been going up you could get lucky all by yourselves!

Welcome Amanda, hopefully you have some luck figuring out what is going on. When I first came off BCP I had an extra long cycle and noticed some monthly changes as my hormones came back to normal, like more bloating before AF and a better mood. I'd say it's too early for you to tell what is causing your new signs.

Librarygirl it does feel good to talk with a professional and take what steps we can to improve our odds. I'm glad you are blessed with such support. Good luck to you as you do the BD!

AFM, we had a first visit with an RE yesterday. She went over our medical histories and my BBT charts, and said everything looked good. She was not concerned about my 10-11 day LP with spotting, and said that anything over 7-8 days was plenty to support a pregnancy. I went in expecting her to recommend progesterone so was happy to hear that. She had us both get blood tests for various diseases and immunity, and my blood type even though I know it. The nurses were great and we walked out with a schedule for when to come in for other tests. We left feeling satisfied that we got the ball rolling.

In the evening, I realized this is the first time I made it 11 DPO without spotting. Then my temp was higher this morning - even DH looked at my chart and said "I believe that is an upward trend". POAS this morning and .... BFP! I told DH right away. It was an early birthday surprise for him, and it was nice to be able to share with him in person since he will be traveling next week. Now we just have to get through a long weekend with his family without saying anything ;)

The universe does indeed run on irony. I'll be calling the clinic to let them know we don't need any more tests but are happy to have some blood work out of the way. Fingers crossed it sticks .. I'm paranoid about this kind of thing.

Now it's time for more BFPs from all of you! joy.gif

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#68 of 79 Old 08-30-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

Before I started charting the way I would know AF was coming was because a couple of days before O my BBs get heavy and sore, they stay that way during 2WW and then they deflate on the day AF starts. Your body's own hormones can probably account for the soreness, as opposed to not having that natural cycle while on BCP, but it could be pregnancy related as well... I found it absolutely fascinating to learn about these monthly changes my body displays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimble View Post

Welcome Amanda, hopefully you have some luck figuring out what is going on. When I first came off BCP I had an extra long cycle and noticed some monthly changes as my hormones came back to normal, like more bloating before AF and a better mood. I'd say it's too early for you to tell what is causing your new signs.

In the evening, I realized this is the first time I made it 11 DPO without spotting. Then my temp was higher this morning - even DH looked at my chart and said "I believe that is an upward trend". POAS this morning and .... BFP! I told DH right away. It was an early birthday surprise for him, and it was nice to be able to share with him in person since he will be traveling next week. Now we just have to get through a long weekend with his family without saying anything ;)

Thanks for the input you two and congrats kimble on you BFP!

I realize that since I was on bc for nearly a decade that things may have changed but my bbs never, ever got sore before bc, and certainly not like this.  Then again my hormones are likely all over the place as I adjust to not being on it so who knows!  I don't think my body even knows what it's doing as my cm is dry but I think my cervix is high and soft.  I just wish something would happen so I could figure out what's going on and move forward.  I really wanted a spring baby but wanted to wait until I knew for sure I was ready before going off the pill because I figured if missing two pills could make you get pregnant that I should be prepared right away when I went off the pill just in case.  Argh.  Should have gone off it sooner.

It doesn't help that my mother is crazy and keeps harping on me about how I'm not getting any younger.  I just turned 30 so I know she's bonkers but still.  I can hear her already if we have issues, 'see you shouldn't have waited so long...'  Bleh.

Sending preggo thoughts to everyone!

#69 of 79 Old 08-30-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:

I figured if missing two pills could make you get pregnant that I should be prepared right away when I went off the pill just in case.  Argh.  Should have gone off it sooner.

It doesn't help that my mother is crazy and keeps harping on me about how I'm not getting any younger.  I just turned 30 so I know she's bonkers but still. 

I second that emotion. I was also on BCP for 11 years and figured that since my cycles were like clockwork beforehand, they would bounce right back. It took a couple months for everything to find a new normal, and there were definitely changes along the way. Tracking CM and temping helped me feel that things were going well. Like Dakipode mentioned, I too am amazed by the changes my innards go through every month.

the RE we just met with said that at my age (31), there was really nothing to worry about for us. Just hearing that was a reassurance.

Thanks for the good wishes, and sending you fertile vibes!

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#70 of 79 Old 08-30-2012, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Kimble, fantastic! Congratulations to you!!!

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

#71 of 79 Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

hey can i join yalls thread i am 29 soon to be 30 in about 6 month and dh is 36 so dont know if i can join just let me know

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#72 of 79 Old 08-30-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:

It doesn't help that my mother is crazy and keeps harping on me about how I'm not getting any younger.  I just turned 30 so I know she's bonkers but still.  I can hear her already if we have issues, 'see you shouldn't have waited so long...'  Bleh.

Sorry that you're feeling some pressure from your mom... Moms should know better than saying "I told you so"...

My friend and I were talking about our TTC journeys and she mentioned how we spend years trying to avoid pregnancy and then it turns out by the time we feel ready it's not that straightforward anyway. I do feel like age is a factor and it's ironic that those of us who try to do the responsible thing tend to be penalized for it when it comes to TTC later on...

kimble: so excited for you! I'd rather feel silly about the whole RE appt too if it leads to a BFP this month.

AFM: I'm out of town and deliberately abstained from bringing any test strips with me. I'll either have to wait for AF or wait till I'm home. While I generally try to stay away from symptom spotting because it drives me crazy I'm having a serious bout of acne and that seems unusual for the timing of the cycle... Temps still random so don't know what's going on there either.

#73 of 79 Old 08-31-2012, 08:01 AM

Kimble - How exciting! Congrats. goodvibes.gif

Unuselyriver - Welcome!

Amandalynn - I haven't been on the pill in years but I never noticed ANY breast soreness until I we stopped using condoms and all of a sudden, I noticed it. So far it's just been PMS related but I think you just don't notice those things when you aren't trying for a baby. Also, you have a whole new set of hormone fluctuations to deal with that may be causing that.

AFM...well, the cousin just announced a March 2013 baby. I am, of course, thrilled for her. Her kids will be spaced just about 2.5 years apart and if this one is half as cute as his/her big sister, s/he'll be adorable. :) I'm also insanely jealous- Why does she get two and I don't have one? But I go to regular dr today to discuss getting blood sugar under better control and then tomorrow I have my fertility bloodwork done so hopefully we're on our way. I've just wanted to be a mommy for so many years now that I don't want to wait any longer. I want my baby NOW!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#74 of 79 Old 08-31-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimble View Post

I second that emotion. I was also on BCP for 11 years and figured that since my cycles were like clockwork beforehand, they would bounce right back. It took a couple months for everything to find a new normal, and there were definitely changes along the way. Tracking CM and temping helped me feel that things were going well. Like Dakipode mentioned, I too am amazed by the changes my innards go through every month.

the RE we just met with said that at my age (31), there was really nothing to worry about for us. Just hearing that was a reassurance.

Thanks for the good wishes, and sending you fertile vibes!

Can your RE please call my mother and tell her that?!?  You'd think I was 100 and trying to have a baby the way she talks about.  And she doesn't know we're trying...and won't...and hopefully won't know when we do get pregnant until, well, ideally, after the baby is born (if ever).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

Sorry that you're feeling some pressure from your mom... Moms should know better than saying "I told you so"...

My friend and I were talking about our TTC journeys and she mentioned how we spend years trying to avoid pregnancy and then it turns out by the time we feel ready it's not that straightforward anyway. I do feel like age is a factor and it's ironic that those of us who try to do the responsible thing tend to be penalized for it when it comes to TTC later on...

kimble: so excited for you! I'd rather feel silly about the whole RE appt too if it leads to a BFP this month.

AFM: I'm out of town and deliberately abstained from bringing any test strips with me. I'll either have to wait for AF or wait till I'm home. While I generally try to stay away from symptom spotting because it drives me crazy I'm having a serious bout of acne and that seems unusual for the timing of the cycle... Temps still random so don't know what's going on there either.

Well my mom is a bit of an exception to that rule and just about every other rule that includes decency, kindness, human emotion, etc.  She's crazy, as in, there's a name for it crazy.  And manipulative.  And abusive.  And I'm basically just biding my time until I no longer have to have any contact with her.  In fact, one of the reasons I waited was because I'm still scared of trying to protect my children from her.  I haven't quite figured that out yet but I figured I couldn't keep putting my life on hold because of her.

Of course, I can't tell her that because she's crazy.  Sigh.

Meanwhile my body continues to be confused.  Is there a foreverww thread?  CM says not fertile, cervix seems to be highish (although lower than yesterday), temp is up, and bbs (mainly just the nipples) are sore, but slightly less so.  I just want some movement towards normal so we can get this show on the road.

Hope everyone is having a great and fertile Friday and has a nice long weekend.

#75 of 79 Old 09-01-2012, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Librarygirl, my SIL just announced her 4th. I have not been jealous of anyone up until that moment. Scratch that. I get jealous of people who aren't super uptight planners, because if things went my way, we would have stopped using protection a loooong time ago. My DH is just really, really cautious. I get super jealous of people who are like, "let's just go and have a baby!" This month we hit the 1 year mark and I'm just generally unhappy with the process, but it doesn't change how I'll feel about the outcome (I hope).

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

#76 of 79 Old 09-02-2012, 02:32 AM

Hey ladies, sorry I've been AWOL for so long! I've been checking in and reading though so thought now would be a good time to pipe up :) We have pretty limited internet (for now anyway, us city folk are working on it) where we've moved to so I can't get on here as much as I would like. 

kimble - congrats!! That is fantastic news, I am so pleased for you!

lilac - Wow, things are sounding positive!! Fingers crossed the money comes in soon and you can really get started!

TeamViddy - I totally feel ya. We're coming up to a year in a few weeks and I both can't believe how long this has been/it feels like we just started yesterday. I've had thoughts heaps of times that I wish we'd just thrown caution to the wind and started earlier, but then who knows if that would have made a difference? It's tough not being in control and this whole process while having an awesome outcome can definitely be hard. hug2.gif

Pitch - Woop! That is so exciting!

AFM - My husband and I are now down at my aunt and uncles place and are starting to feel a little more settled. Their little girl has finally been able to come home from hospital, hopefully permanently this time. She came home for a few days but we know now that her bladder has started to shut down and she had to go back in to get a catheter put in. It's all pretty crazy and surreal, and much tougher than I ever imagined. She is so lively and funny, it's hard to remember that she only has likely a few months left. Hold your loved ones tight. 

We've been pretty lack with TTC and I've been very slack with temping. I haven't had a clear idea of ovulation for the last couple of months it feels like so I'm not too sure what is going on. Hopefully when things get more normal feeling I'll get back on track. 

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#77 of 79 Old 09-02-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doularebekah View Post

AFM - My husband and I are now down at my aunt and uncles place and are starting to feel a little more settled. Their little girl has finally been able to come home from hospital, hopefully permanently this time. She came home for a few days but we know now that her bladder has started to shut down and she had to go back in to get a catheter put in. It's all pretty crazy and surreal, and much tougher than I ever imagined. She is so lively and funny, it's hard to remember that she only has likely a few months left. Hold your loved ones tight. 

We've been pretty lack with TTC and I've been very slack with temping. I haven't had a clear idea of ovulation for the last couple of months it feels like so I'm not too sure what is going on. Hopefully when things get more normal feeling I'll get back on track.

Doularebekah - I am so so sorry to hear about your niece. That must be heartbreaking. Praying for peace and comfort for all of you.

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#78 of 79 Old 09-03-2012, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Kimble!  What great news.  This thread has needed a Big FAT POSITIVE!  I am glad it is yours!  Praying for continued good news as your pregnancy progresses.  Check out the preggo bajingos thread at http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1356555/summer-2012-love-for-the-preggo-bajingos-having-1-in-our-30s/320#post_17091075

unuselyriver, I will add you to the front page in  a few minutes.  Welcome.  May your stay with us be short!

#79 of 79 Old 09-03-2012, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

With great news, it is time to move onto a new month, more bajingo juice, and hopefully more BFPs for the rest of us!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1362334/more-bajingo-juice-more-bfps-in-september-2012-trying-to-conceive-1-in-our-30s

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page