Nursing Mamas TTC in August - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 210 Old 08-15-2012, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brogansmomma View Post

So FF had me 5dpo today (Yay!) but, um, I just checked because it felt a little wet down there and AF is here. WTF? Oh well, right? Maybe I'm meant to have another May long weekend baby and will catch the next egg. I think I can be taken out of the 2ww list. greensad.gif

Are you sure it's AF and not IB?

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#62 of 210 Old 08-15-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

I just want to comment about what a nice group this is.  Everyone is so kind, supportive, and wise.  Thanks!

I've still got a few days before I will potentially ovulate again.  I'm just kind of down about how long it is taking me to conceive.  It hasn't been terribly long (5 months); and I know others struggle for a very long time and some don't ever conceive; so I should just be happy that I eventually usually do.  I'm just wondering...how many months TTC before you start to get frustrated with the process?  For me, I'd say it's 5 months. 

For me it was about the same. We tried for about 2 (or 3?) cycles and then got pregnant (miscarried) the next one when we actually didn't try and thought we completely missed the timing. Then we tried for the next 3 cycles and during the third I gave up all hope and was pretty much done. And I mean really done (not pretending), mentally, it seemed easier to me than to keep on trying. I convinced myself it's not a good time and we would be starting to avoid from the next month on. (That's when we got pregnant again.)

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#63 of 210 Old 08-15-2012, 07:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd check in and say hi.  I am still in the 2WW (7DPO), so still in the boring part where I can't obsess about testing for a few more days yet.  Technically, I could test next Wednesday (14DPO) but I had said I'd wait until the Saturday following...I don't know why, I guess so if I test in the AM I don't have to rush off to work.  I can enjoy that exciting moment with DH instead.

When I conceived DS, during the TWW I thought I had a yeast infection because I had a lot of thick, white CM/discharge (but no itchiness).  Anyway, it was just a pregnancy symptom for me, not an infection.  Yesterday and today I've had a bit of the same type of CM/discharge and am absolutely sure it isn't a yeast infection, so this has me hopeful...but it could be totally unrelated and I don't want to be too hopeful based on this one little thing...We only had good timing twice this month (even though we BD'd four times...DH didn't "finish" twice.  What's up with that??  That has NEVER happend before and of course its two times right during my fertile period.  Do you think it was performance anxiety?)

Anyway, sorry for the somewhat TMI post.

Brogansmomma, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that boomer78 could be right and that was IB not AF!

Jrsmamma, with DS we only TTC one month so I don't know how long it would take before I got frustrated.  I am a bit of a control oriented person and so I don't know if it would even take 5 months.  Plus, with DS I thought it would take a few months and was surprised it didn't.  With DS having been so easy to conceive, I think that it's affected my expectations and will make me feel discouraged after a few months if we don't conceive.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#64 of 210 Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 PM

fingers crossed!

#65 of 210 Old 08-15-2012, 08:33 PM

Jrsmamma our first pregnancy (ended in m/c) took almost a year. At that point we didn't know if we would ever get pregnant so we were really excited that it did happen. Then with DS1 it was only 6 weeks (1AF) after the m/c. DS2 happened 6 months postpartum, but I wasn't nursing DS1 by then and wasn't TTC just not avoiding. So this is the longest we've had TTC since knowing we can conceive. I know I don't have grounds to be frustrated yet, but I am. Since both boys came so easily I really thought it would happen quickly this time too, but nursing seems to have changed that.

DS1 has just started potty training and DS2 is trying to start walking, so it may be a good thing I'm not already pregnant and in the morning sickness stage where bending over sends me running to the bathroom (usually kicks in at 5-6 weeks for me)

No change for me, as I'm CD12 and still waiting to O.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#66 of 210 Old 08-15-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer78 
Are you sure it's AF and not IB?

IB meaning implantation bleeding? I thought that happened a little further on (according to google which I asked yesterday when my temperature dipped).

It's a normal amount for the start of my cycle but seems like a lot for implantation. It does seem to be on the brown side of red rather than the bright side. Still definitely red though. I put my Diva Cup in when I noticed it so we'll see what it catches overnight.

Peggy: full-time shift-working mama to Kiddo (Nov|04) and Babygirl (May|11). Fiancée to Babe. Step-mom to Tween, my bonus daughter (Sep|00). Currently TTC - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c1739

#67 of 210 Old 08-16-2012, 05:38 AM

The other thing is that I'm still nursing. One of the girls on another board of mine said it wasn't uncommon for her to have a 4, 5, or 6-day LP while nursing. I have some B6, which I'm going to start taking as it can help lengthen the LP.

I remembered that the last blood on the to before I put in my cup was bright red. I haven't checked this morning but I'm certain it's AF. It feels like it.

Peggy: full-time shift-working mama to Kiddo (Nov|04) and Babygirl (May|11). Fiancée to Babe. Step-mom to Tween, my bonus daughter (Sep|00). Currently TTC - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c1739

#68 of 210 Old 08-16-2012, 05:49 AM

How frustrating. Every month, no period but ALL the other signs of a normal cycle! I convince myself after ovulation I'm feeling early signs, sore breasts, nausea, exhaustion, and very month a BFN.

Part of me just wants to give up testing and just find out when I start growing a belly. At this point, that's the only differentiating sign. Breastfeeding and TTC is SO incredibly different for me than the the first time, I'm so frustrated!

On a different note, wishing you all good luck! Stuck in this horrid 2ww right now.

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#69 of 210 Old 08-16-2012, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

brogansmama - I've moved you as requested, but I will hold out hope for you that it's implantation and not AF

HannahJ - I've added you to the list under Waiting To Ovulate - if that's not where you are in your cycle, let me know and I'll change it!

AFM - La dee da, nothing interesting going on. DS, DH and I all have a nasty cold that I'm really hoping is almost over. Two weeks til O time so I'm just hanging out. Thinking of picking up some Vitex.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#70 of 210 Old 08-16-2012, 11:26 AM

Definitely AF. Forty+ days worth of buildup. Very thick and dark and smelly. With a 4 to 5 day LP. Grrrr. I'm starting to take B6 and someone else mentioned ProCycle PMS that she used to lengthen her LP while nursing.

Next cycle!

#71 of 210 Old 08-16-2012, 01:08 PM

I'm pretty sure AF has arrived. My temp was down a bit this morning and then I started to bleed, so I thought, well, I did have some bleeding with DD, but it's definitely more than I'd expect. I do think BFing is affecting my fertility negatively, but DD still wants to nurse all. the. time. and I'm not sure cutting back on nursing is in her best interests.

Today isn't going well; DH arrived home from work with the cavalier announcement that a couple of his colleagues think we should put off ttc for another year (next May he has to apply for tenure) so we have to squabble that one out, and I just found out my sister is having her rehearsal dinner on Saturday night, when I have to work, and I tried to see if the morning person would swap me and she refused because she "already has too many late shifts this week". (Which bugs me because I would totally swap somebody in the same scenario unless I had a reason I couldn't that was significantly stronger than that one.) Sis's wedding is on the 25th. I'm not going to have as much time with my grandparents as I want, either, when they fly in next week, again because of my stupid work schedule.

Please move me back to Waiting To O.

#72 of 210 Old 08-16-2012, 03:17 PM

Brogansmomma - Sorry. :( 

#73 of 210 Old 08-16-2012, 06:14 PM

I'm Waiting to O, CD2.

Breastfeeding, Cloth-Diapering, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing Mama to a Sweet Little Boy slingboy.gif

#74 of 210 Old 08-16-2012, 08:40 PM

Thanks, Boomer. <3 I've never had to TTC before. My first was a very low odds a surprise conception and my second was a birth control baby. I can't say that I like TTC much. Too stressful. I know nursing doesn't help I'm not willing to force her to wean just yet. She is a huge boobie fiend.

#75 of 210 Old 08-17-2012, 05:43 AM

The 2WW is killing me! I go tmrw to get a blood draw to check my progesterone level. Day 25 right now, and according to when opk went pos, I'm 5 dpo. I've been using Emerita Progesterone cream for a couple days now, and just trying to stay positive. We leave for vacation Sunday, so I will be armed with hpt's and tampons just in case. Sending blessings to all of you others that are in the 2WW and beyond smile.gif

Married to my soulmate, mama to the cutest 2 year old redhead around, due with our rainbow baby 4/30/13, and trying to be as crunchy as my head will allow redface.gif
#76 of 210 Old 08-17-2012, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

MyName - Sorry about AF greensad.gif

Aunaturalmama - Hope you get your BFP!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#77 of 210 Old 08-17-2012, 09:31 AM

Out of curiosity-

For the nursing mamas here, are you taking a prenatal vitamin? Regular or whole foods? Any other supplements? What's your nutritional plan for TTC and nursing?

Breastfeeding, Cloth-Diapering, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing Mama to a Sweet Little Boy slingboy.gif

#78 of 210 Old 08-17-2012, 11:07 AM

Taking a prenatal, store bought smile.gif

Been taking it for over two years, haha.

No special diet, except eating lots of avocado! Heard from a friend it helps bring back menses. If not, I love the taste anyway.

5 dpo, hoping for a bfp!

joy.gif

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

#79 of 210 Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

I take a once a day prenatal.

We always try to eat as much whole foods as we can - grow our own vegetables or buy from the farmer's market, buy grass fed meat, only whole unpasteurized milk - but we do still fall off the bandwagon sometimes (especially when moeny is tight!). But we've been better since DS started eating more solids, because he has only, ever had whole foods, nothing processed, no preservatives, nothing packaged, and it's made us more aware of what DH and I are eating!

#80 of 210 Old 08-17-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonhrt88 View Post

Taking a prenatal, store bought smile.gif
Been taking it for over two years, haha.
No special diet, except eating lots of avocado! Heard from a friend it helps bring back menses. If not, I love the taste anyway.
5 dpo, hoping for a bfp!
joy.gif

I've also read a few times that avocados and salmon are great at getting sperm up to their best performance. :)  A male friend of ours was laughing when I told him about it, he said he will avoid these - they didn't want kids back then yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post

Out of curiosity-

For the nursing mamas here, are you taking a prenatal vitamin? Regular or whole foods? Any other supplements? What's your nutritional plan for TTC and nursing?

I have been taking them since dd was born, although not terribly regularly. Just when I thought of it (maybe every other day or so, maybe less often). Then I stopped taking them completely but started feeling like I didn't have enough iron (I had anemia once when I was younger and I started feeling the same way - it might not had been lack of iron though) so I was still taking them once in a while. I don't have a specific brand that I like but try to buy the ones sourced naturally, I don't buy them at regular stores. I used to buy [I believe] Rainbow prenatals when I was pregnant with dd and after but noticed they had D2 instead of D3 so I don't buy those anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brogansmomma View Post

Thanks, Boomer. <3 I've never had to TTC before. My first was a very low odds a surprise conception and my second was a birth control baby. I can't say that I like TTC much. Too stressful. I know nursing doesn't help I'm not willing to force her to wean just yet. She is a huge boobie fiend.

I felt the same way. Dd just happened very quickly, I did not like the rocky road of TTC with no. 2. I wasn't ready to wean either and wouldn't. If I still didn't get pregnant after weaning I would be devastated. At least I think.

#81 of 210 Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 AM

I hope all of you are having an awesome weekend.

Today DS and DH went to the park without me and I caught up later. This morning I had such intense nausea and cramps, I had to sit down and breathe it out on the couch.

I have yet to have AF post partum, so I am positive this is it, or we have caught the first egg!

Fatigue is growing by the hour,and so is my anticipation to test. Oh and another kicker, DH is going on a company retreat on the 28th. My TWW ends on the 27th, hahaha.

#82 of 210 Old 08-18-2012, 09:19 PM

Ooh, fingers crossed for you Blonhrt! 

#83 of 210 Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 PM

Fingers crossed here too Blonhrt88!  

I am 10DPO and obsessing about every possible symptom.  The CM from earlier in the week has gone for the most part (booh).  I check my nipples daily for color change as I had a drastic change with DS (none so far).  I'm discouraged and hopeful moment to moment.  I wasn't planning on testing for another week but I don't know if I'll last that long. Now I'm thinking if I can make 14 or 15 DPO I'll be happy.  I think that the news that my SIL is pregnant is making me want to be preggo too even more so.  I am SO happy for them, but they didn't even want to be  pregnant till December, and I want to be really badly.  I am just so ready (as I am sure you all are too.)  So, I need it to be next Wednesday or Thursday so I can test!  I am so paranoid that I am going to have a hard time this time, even though I have no reason to think it should be an issue.  My periods are regular and my LP seems to be normalized.  Thanks for listening to my obsessive rant. blahblah.gif  I'll be better in less than a week...

MyName, we mostly eat whole foods here (my personal vice however, being tortilla chips/nachos).  I took a prenatal after DS was born, religiously for 8 or so months, then sporadically, then not at all.  For the last few months I have been taking a prenatal again (just from the drug store, but a good brand, Jamesons), more and more religiously as time goes on.  I am also taking a B complex "prescribed" by my naturopath.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#84 of 210 Old 08-19-2012, 06:04 AM

Thanks, I'm crossing mine too!

nstewart, that's tuff. When someone close to you falls pregnant while your trying, the whole time your wishing you were celebrating your pregnancy greensad.gif

Don't worry, I'm sure your time will come soon enough. Just enjoy celebrating with your SIL under the thinking she will be doing it for you soon, hehe.

#85 of 210 Old 08-19-2012, 08:13 AM

Thanks Blonhrt88.  I am very happy for them, and I know they want us to be on the bandwagon with them.  I think that's part of it too, wanting to be pregnant together again.  Their first and our first are 4 months apart, and SO close and it was so great to be pregnant together the first time.  I'd like that again.

To add to the anticipation, I had a very vivid pregnancy dream last night, and could feel the baby moving in my belly.  (DS was probably kicking me in his sleep! lol)  My other DF who is TTC right now was also very pregnant in my dream. Hopefully this means a pregnancy for her as well because they had great difficulty TTC their DD and finally only conceived with help after 18 months of trying.

Anyone else testing next week?

#86 of 210 Old 08-19-2012, 03:44 PM

I will.

It will make my second test....redface.gif

I broke down today after more cramping and boogery excess cm, and used one of my three. On the way to Walgreens I convinced myself I would be the first one in the world to have a bfp at 7dpo LOL

Got a bfn, that's what I get for rushing wink1.gif

I'll try with you, what day are you thinking? Today I'm only 7 dpo, so I'll be waiting proooooobably until Wednesday.

#87 of 210 Old 08-19-2012, 03:44 PM

I will.

I broke down today after more cramping and boogery excess cm, and used one of my three. On the way to Walgreens I convinced myself I would be the first one in the world to have a bfp at 7dpo LOL

I'll try with you, what day are you thinking? Today I'm only 7 dpo, so I'll be waiting proooooobably until Wednesday.

#88 of 210 Old 08-19-2012, 03:45 PM

I will.

#89 of 210 Old 08-19-2012, 03:45 PM

I will.

#90 of 210 Old 08-19-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonhrt88 View Post

On the way to Walgreens I convinced myself I would be the first one in the world to have a bfp at 7dpo LOL

LOL!  I totally identify with that! 

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page