Nursing Mamas TTC in August - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 210 Old 08-26-2012, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats on all the recent BFPs! That is so exciting!

We just got back from a lot of traveling, so I haven't been online much. CD 10 or 11, I think, still waiting to O...

#122 of 210 Old 08-26-2012, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am just checking back in here... so excited to see th bfp!!!! Congrats nstewart!!!!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#123 of 210 Old 08-26-2012, 05:52 PM

Congrats ladies! Plz send baby dust!

I'll be testing this week, I'm trying o have self control and wait!

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#124 of 210 Old 08-26-2012, 06:46 PM

For those of you who have babies who still wake to nurse at night, do you bother temping? I haven't so far, thinking that since my sleep is so interrupted (we cosleep), it would skew my numbers. What do you think? Also, do you use a BBT thermometer or just a regular armpit one? So far all I've been doing on FF is tracking my CM, since we're not TTC yet.

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#125 of 210 Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM

Blonhrt- I tested on CD31 and had a BFN (although looking back I thought I saw a faint line but then thought I was crazy too - haha!) then rechecked on CD33 (&34 cuz I AM crazy). I think that by the time i got my BFP i was on 14 dpo. Sending you lots of baby dust!!!!

Married to my soulmate, mama to the cutest 2 year old redhead around, due with our rainbow baby 4/30/13, and trying to be as crunchy as my head will allow redface.gif
#126 of 210 Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 PM

I temped for a while even though babes nursed 2-3 times a night and never saw a spike in my temp.... But looking back. Think it was because I had such a messed up luteal phase and progesterone may have been low during LP. You could always try for a month and see. I used a digital thermometer that would measure to the tenth. Good luck!!

Married to my soulmate, mama to the cutest 2 year old redhead around, due with our rainbow baby 4/30/13, and trying to be as crunchy as my head will allow redface.gif
#127 of 210 Old 08-26-2012, 08:12 PM

I don't temp. I wake up too often and I always just forget. Plus, I'm pretty in tune with my body and seem to be accurately able to pinpoint my O date without temping so I don't really see a reason to.

Breastfeeding, Cloth-Diapering, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing Mama to a Sweet Little Boy slingboy.gif

#128 of 210 Old 08-26-2012, 11:32 PM

Wow all those BFPs! Congrats ladies!

DS wakes once or twice each night to nurse and so far temping has worked out ok. I set my alarm for 3am since he usually wakes for first time just after that. If he wakes earlier I either temp right then before getting him or I reset my alarm for 3 hours from that time. I use a digital thermometer that measures 2 decimal places. I agree that it is worth trying for a month to see what happens.

CD18 here for me and no O yet. Waiting...and waiting... Last month LP was only 7 days so I was hopeful to see an increase but not looking good with such a late O again. :-/
#129 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 05:34 AM

All the BFPs are encouraging. I'm 8DPO today and trying to convince myself that I need to wait another whole week to give AF time to show before I test.

If I didn't chart my temps I wouldn't know what was happening.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#130 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post

I don't temp. I wake up too often and I always just forget. Plus, I'm pretty in tune with my body and seem to be accurately able to pinpoint my O date without temping so I don't really see a reason to.

This is the same for me.  DS is all over the place in terms of when he wakes up so it isn't like I could temp at a regular time without setting an alarm, which I wasn't willing to do (yet) as I cherish my sleep!  

Newmamma, try to have a quiet week, and go to bed an hour earlier than usual (if you can).  I know it sounds so simple but I really do think that just taking it easy CD 21-28 (or whatever 6 DPO until AF arrives is for you) can really help the LP/Progesterone level.  My naturopath was pretty insistant on this point and I have really felt a difference not just that week but the rest of the month in terms of energy, etc. from following such simple advice.

Good luck to everyone in the tww.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#131 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Lidamama: I temp even though we cosleep and DS wakes up 2-5 times every night. I have to get up at 6am to get ready for work so I temp then. My chart isn't pretty but the temp shift for O is still pretty clear.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#132 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 12:28 PM

I'm temping too as an often co- sleeping, shift working mama. I'm temping vaginally as I've heard it's more forgiving of variations in wake time, etc. Also, temping while TTC is more forgiving than while TTA.

Peggy: full-time shift-working mama to Kiddo (Nov|04) and Babygirl (May|11). Fiancée to Babe. Step-mom to Tween, my bonus daughter (Sep|00). Currently TTC - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c1739

#133 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM

Nstewart i'm willing to try just about anything, thank you. Last month I didn't O until CD19 and today is CD18 and another negative opk today. :-( I was hoping to continue nursing past DS first birthday, but if my LP stays so short I may not have a choice. I don't feel ready to quit, but we want to have another asap. I'll try to get to bed early and cross my fingers!
#134 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 01:22 PM

I just went and bought 20 digital OPK's. I think I'm only going to use OPK's this one cycle (they're expensive and we're on a budget) and if it doesn't happen this cycle, just go back to observing CM. I'm on CD 13 with still no EWCM or other fertility signs. :( I'm pretty sure I'm going to O late this cycle as I've been really stressed the past couple weeks. I need to om.gif

Breastfeeding, Cloth-Diapering, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing Mama to a Sweet Little Boy slingboy.gif

#135 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 01:31 PM

NewMama, if continuing to nurse is important to you, how do you think just night weaning or just day weaning would go?  Just a thought...Once I had a good 12-13hr stretch w/o nursing, that is when things regulated themselves for me and I actually ovulated more "normally" (CD 15-18).  *edited to add that I think your short LP and your late ovulation are two separate issues, so what works for one may not fix the other. 

Good luck! hug2.gif

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#136 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post

I just went and bought 20 digital OPK's. I think I'm only going to use OPK's this one cycle (they're expensive and we're on a budget) and if it doesn't happen this cycle, just go back to observing CM. I'm on CD 13 with still no EWCM or other fertility signs. :( I'm pretty sure I'm going to O late this cycle as I've been really stressed the past couple weeks. I need to om.gif

Have you look at early-pregnancy-tests.com? Cheap!!! (And I'm not affiliated in any way, shape, or form with this site... just use a LOT of OPKs)

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#137 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post

Have you look at early-pregnancy-tests.com? Cheap!!! (And I'm not affiliated in any way, shape, or form with this site... just use a LOT of OPKs)

I just checked them out! If I don't get pregnant this cycle, I'm going to order a bunch from there! Hopefully I don't need to. winky.gif

Next question, how do you tell the difference between semen and EWCM? I've read everything about it and even done the water trick. I seriously just cannot tell the difference. Does anybody else have this problem?

#138 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Aunaturalmama....that's good to know! Unfortunately though I caved and used it today! Which would have been 14 dpo. Not sure if I didn't actually ovulate or what. Kinda going crazy here! Think I might just take a break for a while of charting for now, and pick up later. Hubby is out of the country for the next month anyway greensad.gif

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#139 of 210 Old 08-27-2012, 05:51 PM

Thanks for all your thoughts, ladies. Living sky, I am in the same boat as you as far as night waking goes greensad.gif. Last night I even told Ela that her "nummies" we're sleeping cause she WOULDN'T stop nursing...oh boy was she mad!!! Since we aren't temping to avoid, I think I will just start checking with the thermometer we have and go from there.

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#140 of 210 Old 08-28-2012, 02:10 AM

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been around much, but I'm a little discouraged so I figured I'd check in.  First, to update, I'm trying to catch my first postpartum egg, nursing DS 13 mo.    My doctor gave me a progesterone challenge to see if I would bleed, but I didn't... I don't know whether it's because I'm underweight or nursing.  I alternate between thinking I should just wean, versus thinking I might have a more serious problem in which case this might be my last baby.

ugh.

Anka

hippie.gifwife to DH, new mom to babyboy.gif 7/4/2011.  femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif BFPChart2.gif cd.gif knit.gif

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have followed me.  They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln. 

#141 of 210 Old 08-28-2012, 06:50 AM

So I'm 9DPO and had a temp drop yesterday & today, but both nights were disturbed by the storms (TS Isaac) so I am hoping that lack of sleep or implantation has caused the dip. This is the first cycle I've had my temps go over 98 so I'm hopeful this is a good cycle. Now I just need AF to stay away, as my longest LP so far is only 10 days.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#142 of 210 Old 08-28-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

AnkaJones & NewMama2BBBoy – I know how you both feel with considering stopping nursing to help conceive… I wrestled with the idea but eventually came to this realization: I don’t know if quitting nursing will help me conceive. So, I considered how I would feel if I quit nursing and still didn’t get pregnant. Then I would have deprived my current baby of nursing longer for no reason at all, and I would feel guilty about that for, well, ever. In the end I decided that I couldn’t take away from the baby I have for the sake of a possible future baby that I may never have.

I do love the idea of night weaning though... but I'm just not willing to give up the sleep I currently get to try to make it happen... lol I think that's just my own laziness winning!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#143 of 210 Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 AM

Anka - My nursling is 16mo old and I also have no sign of AF returning.  If she is not back by the time he is 18mo I'm going to try night weaning. Our schedule is too crazy for me to try it right now, but it would be nice to eventually sleep through the night again. I really want another ASAP also. 

DS 4/11

#144 of 210 Old 08-28-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkaJones View Post

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been around much, but I'm a little discouraged so I figured I'd check in.  First, to update, I'm trying to catch my first postpartum egg, nursing DS 13 mo.    My doctor gave me a progesterone challenge to see if I would bleed, but I didn't... I don't know whether it's because I'm underweight or nursing.  I alternate between thinking I should just wean, versus thinking I might have a more serious problem in which case this might be my last baby.

ugh.

Anka

hug2.gif  I don't have much advice, but I feel for you.  Like everyone is talking about, possibly night weaning would help you and still give your little one the chance to continue to benefit from breastmilk.  Because I work 3 day a week, my menses always returns relatively early...like 6-9 months pp (even though I pump and the baby gets expressed breastmilk while I'm away until  at least 12mos old. And they go on to nurse until they are 2-3 years old.)  Ironically I am always envious of those who get a longer break from AF!  I never thought of it as a benefit until now.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#145 of 210 Old 08-28-2012, 09:40 PM

Just chiming in to say I sympathize with all of you waiting for the first PPAF. I didn't get mine until DS was 21 months! I kept hoping that it would happen sometime after age one (I was fine with it staying away that long!), but it didn't until I nightweaned. I'd tried nightweaning half-heartedly a few times before and it was really rough, so I waited until we were done with some travel and went total cold-turkey on nights. It was rough for a few days, but it worked! Now at 30 months he even sleeps through the night most nights. =)

Oh, and PPAF arrived two weeks after nightweaning. But then my husband needed cancer treatment, so we're still waiting and hoping...

#146 of 210 Old 08-29-2012, 05:47 AM

10DPO and my temps are still dropping, so it looks like AF is on her way. I even had a really good solid sleep last night.

I thought AF would stay away longer than it did this time, as DS2 was still exclusively nursing, but he had started STTN on his own at 5 months and then AF showed up at 6 months. While I am thankful for the sleep I was not ready for him to STTN that young. For several weeks I continued to wake up every few hours and check on him and try to get him up to nurse, but he would just stay asleep and DH eventually had to make me stop checking on him as I was the only one in the house not sleeping, and I don't do well with very little sleep.

I did have a feeling that this month was out, and that the next cycle could be the one for the BFP. I just hope that if AF does show up that I'm right about this next cycle too.

#147 of 210 Old 08-29-2012, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

I have nooooo idea what's up with my temps this month! FF seems to think I ovulated on CD16, which is unheard-of-early for me. And it would make my post-O temps in the 36.30s range, which is a lot lower than normal. I think I actually O'ed either yesterday or Monday. We'll see I guess! Or not, come to think of it - I won't be temping this month after tomorrow. I have to fly out to help my mom, she has to have surgery to remove a lump from her breast, so I won't be home and I've decided not to take my thermometer with me. One way or the other, I won't be getting any BD-ing in while I'm gone, so no point worrying about whether I O'ed or not! Hopefully that will keep me from obsessing as well smile.gif

#148 of 210 Old 08-29-2012, 11:21 AM

jrs'mom I've worked 5days a week since my son was 4.5 mo old.  I started out pumping 3x a day and dropped to 2 recently (he is 16mo) AF is still not back, so I'm thinking of dropping to 1 pumping session.  I was considering night weaning, but I decided to try to cut down/out pumping first. 

DS 4/11

#149 of 210 Old 08-30-2012, 07:21 AM

9dpo today and BFN this am. I know it's early, but as usual I'm so disappointed. I'll test the next few days too, but I almost always get BFPs by 9dpo.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#150 of 210 Old 08-30-2012, 07:36 AM

jr'smom it may just be too early to test.

I only have 1 test at home, so I'm trying to wait it out for as long as possible. I'm 11dpo and my longest LP so far since ttc this this has been 10 days. My temps have stabilized too, which is good as it is still well above my coverline. At the same time I really don't want to spend the entire holiday weekend waiting for AF to show. I'm still working on convincing myself that I should wait until Monday (15dpo) before I test. At least DH would still be home on Monday so that I wouldn't have to keep it to myself all day. I did that with our first BFP and I thought I would explode with all the excitement, so from then I've only tested when DH is home.

I know at this point it could still go either way. My LP may still be expanding, or it could be that AF won't show at all. I'd hate to waste my last test on a BFN though, so right now as long as I can resist temptation first thing in the morning I may make it to Monday. The time is going by so fast I can hardly believe I'm almost at the end of another tww already, or that my baby will be 1 next week.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page