IS red raspberry tea safe during pregnancy?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am confused! I have read it is safe during and I have read to not drink during pregnancy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have heard it is safe in moderate amounts, and even better if you wait after 1st trimester of pregnancy is over. But midwife / medical knowledge seem to disagree to some degree. I think there is vast traditional use evidence that it is safe (midwifes), but it has not been fully tested in medical labs yet (doctors).

#3 of 4 Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 PM

i used it all throughout my pregnancy, less so in the first trimester. by the third trimester i was drinking gallons of it because i loved the taste, it has tons of nutritional value (including iron and B vitamins which are great for pregnancy), it may reduce risk for post partum bleeding, and it may help to tone the uterus to make contractions more effective thus dilating faster for a quicker labor. i dilated efficiently, labor was quick, and i hardly bled a drop afterwards - midwives were really impressed. my uterus toned up quickly after labor as well. only thing i would do differently is keep drinking it after labor, but i just stopped cold turkey! other things to think about i guess :)babyf.gif

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#4 of 4 Old 09-01-2012, 08:02 PM

Timing and quantity matter a lot.  I get mine (as a tincture, because I don't find time to make tea) from my former midwife www.highlandmidwife.com; she would probably suggest dosing and timing if you want a tincture.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page