COULD I BE PREGNANT OR IS IT IN MY HEAD?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone! I just joined yesterday! I have been reading about people who have similar cases like I am having and I just need to know if it is in my head or could I really possibly be pregnant!?

Okay, so I am 23, I took Birth Control from the time I was 18 and I ended it in March of this year. I had normal cycles to the end of March when I quit taking it. My boyfriend and I are not trying to get pregnant, but we are not preventing it either. Although we would both be ECSTATIC if we did get pregnant! We use the pull out method. (I know this is not always 100% safe, I know you can still get preggers from pre cum, or not pulling out fast enough)

Anyway I had normal periods all the way to March. April I did not have a period and took several HPT's and they were all BFN's! I had one that had a faint line, but it was after the 10 minute wait. I went to my OBGYN and had blood work done and it came back BFN! My OBGYN told me my body can take up to a year to adjust being off BC (birth control) He recommended I did not get back on BC if we plan on having a baby, because it takes longer to get pregnant, after quitting BC. He told me if I did not have a period for 3 months after the visit in April to come back and he would give me something to start my period. 

I had a light period on May 14-17. My normal periods before this when I was on BC came around the 2nd of the month and last 5-7 days. That was my normal period, so the one I had in May, was a light period. So anyway my boyfriend and I are very sexually active & have been using the pull out method since. June came and NO AF. July came and NO AF. I did more than several HPT's in June and all were BFN only one FAINT BFP or EVAP line out of all the tests. I figured it was EVAP and threw it away. July came and took several HPT's again and still NO AF and all BFN! Still had one FAINT BFP or EVAP. ( I am sure they were EVAP, because it was AFTER 2 hours!) I called my OBGYN and told him what was going on and he called in Medroxyprogesterone to my pharmacy. He told me to start it if I do not have a period in August. He said it will make me start my period and DO NOT have sex on it. ( I am scared to start this medicine bc what if I am preggers and it causes miscarriage)

Anyway, we are finally in August and so far NO AF! But I have the cramping that I would get before AF. I had these cramps in June & July too! It feels like I am going to start but never did, and still have not started! I am tired all the time & get frequent headaches & my lower back hurts all the time!! I started charting my BBT on July 28 and it started at 97.9 then went up to 98.4 and yesterday it was 99.6. 

Anyway, I need advice! Has this ever happened to anyone?! Is there a chance I could BE PREGNANT!? 

I want this SO BAD!! My mom said she did not get a BFP till she was 3 months preggers with me! She said her HCG levels were low. 

Advice, please?!

Thank you!!!!

#2 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 12:51 PM

It's hard to tell. Our bodies can act up after quitting birth control. But at the same time you could be pregnant. Small percentage of women don't get a BFP. But you would know if you took the blood test. I think your body might be messed up at the moment, trying to adjust. Have you thought about taking Vitex? It is natural and safe. It may or may not help but wouldn't hurt your body or the chances of getting pregnant. Good luck hon! :)

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#3 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 01:13 PM

Medroxyprogesterone will not cause a miscarriage if you are pregnant.
#4 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies for the advice!

Boomer, I have never heard of Vitex, I will look it up! 

#5 of 7 Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Medroxyprogesterone  will to cause miscarriage because that is what they want me to you to bring on the end of my pregnancy which they baby had all ready past but i want to go natural and not have meds invole or a dnc go here and check out this web page it will tell you all about this med drugs.com/Medroxyprogesterone.html

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#6 of 7 Old 08-14-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unuselyriver View Post

Medroxyprogesterone  will to cause miscarriage because that is what they want me to you to bring on the end of my pregnancy which they baby had all ready past but i want to go natural and not have meds invole or a dnc
I'm sorry for your loss, but that is not the medication causing a miscarriage. You had already miscarried- you just hadn't passed the fetus.
#7 of 7 Old 08-15-2012, 04:45 PM

i need help too. my period is 2 weeks late, i usually have my period on 34 days. now it's 47 days and still no period, i took two home exams on different days, both showed negative results. today i took a blood test and got less than 5 which means negative. i have sore breasts, i pee every two hours. btw i just had once sex the last month exactly 32 days ago, so i think that the tests should be accurate by now. ps. my partner didnt even ijaculated inside me. so the chances to get pregnant i guess are really very rare, both home and blood tests came negative. still im not having my period. i have so many symptoms. my doctor says im not pregnant although i still feel like i am. im not taking any pills or any kind of medicine. really i need to know whats happening with me as its driving me crazy?? 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page