The ONE Thread - Aug 5-12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 52 Old 08-05-2012, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for August 5 - 12!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

aHikaru

baby4makes6

bdavis912

dakipode

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella  BFPChart2.gif

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

jr'smom

kimble

lenny1027

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

livingsky BFPChart2.gif

maia.springgoddess

nattery

newtoTTC

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

SweetMama34

sweetnatural

ThePeacefulMama

tinytina

Tropicalfever

TwighlightJoy BFPChart2.gif 

zebrapopcorn

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

BaileyB

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

cavertmmy

ciga

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

- Jenn -

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

librarygirl  BFPChart2.gif

lilgreenmama

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif     

magoodoggy BFPChart2.gif

mamainthemaking

Mz J

odinsmama

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

SandyLoam

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

StudyingStones BFPChart2.gif

wannabemomkt

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

bloodofthefae

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

Butterflymom

candyshells

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Lidamama84

LisaAdkins20

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif July BFP's heartbeat.gif

nearlyelated

heartbeat.gif June BFP's heartbeat.gif

clumsysugarplum

maydaymom10 BFPChart2.gif

pieknits

heartbeat.gif May BFP's heartbeat.gif

SophieAnn BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif April BFP's heartbeat.gif

bellybaby2012

GoBecGo

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#2 of 52 Old 08-05-2012, 09:33 AM

Thanks for the new thread. =D

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#3 of 52 Old 08-05-2012, 10:35 AM

Thanks for starting this week!

Still waiting to O - temping this month, but on vacation now and not sleeping real regular hours. Is that going to skew my temps a lot?

Fingers crossed I don't O until I get home to DH!

Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

#4 of 52 Old 08-05-2012, 06:11 PM

Thanks for the new thread. Please move me back to Waiting to O. Mope.

That was a confusing cycle. I must have O'd the latest I have in "recorded history," i.e. since I've be charting. Only CD20, but I usually O on CD16-18. My temps were confusing to boot, so I wasted a lot of tests, thinking I had O'd on CD16. Knowing now that it was not until CD20, I had a perfectly normal 12 day LP, though I had 2 days of spotting beforehand, which NEVER happens to me. Ever. Since I started my AF 18 years ago. So weird.

Staying positive! I'm looking at this new cycle as an opportunity to really get myself back on track with healthy eating and regular physical activity (other than mothering a toddler; I sit at a desk all day at work) so that I will be in better shape to grow my little one.

#5 of 52 Old 08-05-2012, 09:29 PM

Thanks for the new thread.

Is it me or has it been kinda quiet around here lately?

I'm staying hopeful, and reminding myself DTD is also fun when it's not "strategic".

Good luck to all you ladies this week!

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#6 of 52 Old 08-06-2012, 06:11 AM

Thanks for the new thread! Yes, I 've found it pretty quiet the last week. Maybe everyone is on vacation smile.gif

Sorry about AF arriving lenny.

AFM: 9DPO and counting. I'll test on Saturday (14DPO). AF is due to arrive Friday. Until then, just twiddling my thumbs and trying not to think about it! My MIL is visiting this week to help take care fo DS (my daycare lady is on vacation) so that should keep me occupied!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#7 of 52 Old 08-06-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone!

This post was in last week's thread from a new member. I'm posting it here as well, just in case some of you didn't see it. This mama needs some love and support, and I know that this group is the one for her. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

Originally Posted by tinytina

Hello everyone,

I am new and feeling really alone and could use some support.

It's difficult as many of our friends have kids already or are pregnant. 

We are finally at a point where we want to have kids but we know its going to be a long and difficult road for both of us.

My fiance is a paraplegic and we may have a difficult time conceiving.

I feel so alone.

July was the first month we tried- we only managed to have sex once during my fertile period so we knew it was a long shot but I was so upset when I get my period on Saturday.

So I guess, I am waiting to ovulation in August and hope for the best.

How do you deal with the loneliness but also not let it become an all consuming thing within your life?s

Thanks

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#8 of 52 Old 08-06-2012, 11:00 AM

SweetMama34, not getting a lot of sleep does tend to skew my temps quite a bit, hopefully it doesn't for you! Crossing my fingers with you too.

lenny1027, sorry about AF and wasting a lot of tests, but I'm glad you are thinking positive about it, that is how I am looking at this cycle as a little more time to prep my body.

dakipode, I know I didn't post much last week as I was super busy at work, not sure about everyone else, but it was quieter for sure.

tinytina, welcome smile.gif talking with other ladies on this site who are going through the same TTC roller coaster helps me a lot, so hopefully we can help support you!

Well, I was hoping to get a temp this morning to confirm if my temp had actually risen, I've been good all this cycle about getting them, but my DD woke up at 5am and I brought her to bed and didn't feel like trying to take a temp then so I skipped it. Ah well, hopefully tomorrow, but I am thinking I O'd this weekend, but I'll wait until FF confirms. I'm feeling good about this cycle, but who knows!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#9 of 52 Old 08-06-2012, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Thanks. I guess I am in the Waiting to O category.

I really appreciate the warm welcome. I am trying to stay positive moving forward.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#10 of 52 Old 08-06-2012, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi everyone. I don't recognize that many names, I haven't been around for a few months. I took some time off because I was feeling stressed, but this AF I started to feel the baby bug biting again. I am frustrated with myself because I could have lost some weight during the hiatus, but stress makes dieting as hard as conceiving, I guess.

So here I am, starting prenatals and healthy eating, walking daily, all over again. I am not sure if we will try this cycle, it will take some convincing with DH because he doesn't change his mind back and forth as easily as I do. LOL.

It is nice to be WANTING a pregnancy again. We'll see where that takes us. (For those who don't know me or remember me, I TTC'd for 6 cycles starting last winter with no conception. I have a 4 year old DD that we conceived easily. I'm 30.)

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#11 of 52 Old 08-07-2012, 06:08 AM

anylily, welcome back, sorry you have been so stressed and that conceiving this time around hasn't been easy as with your first.

Well, temp still high today, so even though FF isn't committing since I missed yesterday, I'm pretty sure I O'd on Saturday, so please move me to Waiting to Know whenever you get a chance. I'm pretty hopeful as our BD timing was good again, but we'll see smile.gif My SIL is pregnant (due in October) and saw a few new photos of her this morning and man do I want to be pregnant!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#12 of 52 Old 08-07-2012, 06:17 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to TTC, but we are foster parents. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism and we're officially halfway through our one year of trying on our own before we move onto Clomid. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! 

#13 of 52 Old 08-07-2012, 12:04 PM

anyalily I remember you! What's funny is I just posted in the TTC#2 -seems all those lovely ladies graduated. DH finally is on same page wanting #2. So here I am again. I feel a little lonely though...hadn't really connected with anyone again yet. So good baby vibes and baby dust to you, I think I'm out this cycle- at due tomorrow and I'm already having spotting... Noticed I was already in the waiting to o list so just leave me there smile.gif

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

#14 of 52 Old 08-07-2012, 12:06 PM

Oh, and I'm debating vitex, any thoughts?

Military Mom to energy.gifDD that we homebirth.jpgcd.gifsaynovax.gif winner.jpgWifey to SAHH. Baby #2 July 1st!!! ecbaby2.gif

#15 of 52 Old 08-07-2012, 04:48 PM

I take vitex for PMS- related symptoms ( cramping, acne), but apparently it's good for TTCing as well...something about it mimicking progesterone in the body, I think. But don't quote me on that, lol. The only thing is it takes about 3-4 cycles to be effective.

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#16 of 52 Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Mayday! How are things going with your pregnancy? I hope all is well!

I just got back from five days camping up near Ottawa, Ontario. The weather was great, except for one night, and we got to bring DS on his first boat ride (in a paddle boat). We also brought our 6 month puppy with us and she had a blast. I'll try to put a picture or two up once I get them off the camera.

Welcome, TinyTina! I hope you'll find this to be a wonderfully supportive community, I know I have. I share your feelings of being alone. I haven't told anybody we are trying IRL, except my best friend, and she and her DH don't want kids so it's kind of a one sided conversation, and I get the feeling she's getting sick of hearing about it.
I got the baby bug about a year ago when my niece was born after thinking I was done with having kids and happy with just one (DS is 5 now), but bit by bit I started changing my mind, and now it's like babies are everywhere around me. Everyone's having them or becoming pregnant, and I feel like I'm on this TTC island all by myself. I'm glad I've met some other island dwellers on this forum joy.gif

I haven't been temping or doing anything else this month. Today is cd20, and it kind of snuck up on me for a change (which is nice). Being in the forest for 5 days really had me confused, and I tought for sure I was cd14 only. I had some fertile CM before we left, but who knows what while we were there. It's hard to track when you're constantly sweaty and dirty! lol
So, I guess you can move me to Waiting to Know, and we'll see what happens. I have some opk sticks for next cycle if this one doesn't pan out (but I'm secretly hoping I won't need them...shhh)

Just me and DS.
#17 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 05:48 AM

katiebugbug, welcome and good luck to you smile.gif

gratefulstella, I don't know anything about vitex, sorry you are feeling lonely, I have been too but not because of TTC really, just a lack of local friends/family

StudyingStones, sometimes it is nice to take a break from keeping track, I hope you have a nice surprise this cycle and glad you had a good time camping

FF did update this morning with my O date that I was already sure of so goodvibes.gif

#18 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 06:42 AM

good luck Quinalla

I think I have just been feeling "lonely" because I haven't been as active on these boards as I used to- so just not feeling that close to anyone, but getting back into it

Lidamama84 I have heard that Vitex takes a few months to really regulate things, there is no hormones in it but it helps balance things out...so I think I might take a shot in the dark and try it. Have you noticed a difference in your PMS? I get HORRIBLE mood swings (poor dh) and that about sums it up, oh and pretty bad cramps during AF...but other than that pretty decent...

#19 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 AM

gratefulstella, I started taking vitex three cycles ago. The first one didn't seem to do much for me, was taking one a day in the AM. Talked to a lady at the herb store and she recommended I take one AM and one PM and that seemed to have an immediate effect for me. This cycle I'm sticking with the same formula so we'll see if it was the increase in vitex or something else. I take the Solaray with the red cap, guaranteed potency 0.5% agnuside.

As far as mood swings are concerned, I've found that taking extra niacin helps me out quite a bit, 50mg three times a day.

AFM: going in to get my parts checked out this morning. Curious about the results, hoping it'll help speed up the TTC process.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#20 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 08:32 AM

Welcome to the newcomers!

Studying Stones - I'm always hearing stories of women who conceive the first month they 'lose track' of things...it just sorta happens. Fingers crossed for you that you have a similar story to tell soon!

Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

#21 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMama34 View Post

Welcome to the newcomers!
Studying Stones - I'm always hearing stories of women who conceive the first month they 'lose track' of things...it just sorta happens. Fingers crossed for you that you have a similar story to tell soon!

This is what I'm really hoping, but I'm scared at the same time that by hoping it I'm jinxing myself.  It's silly, I know.  I just want to take my mind off it alltogether and just get through the next 11 days to see if either AF arrives or not....

Just me and DS.
#22 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I will be 27 in Nov and my fiancee is 29.

I had a couple early miscarriages (under 8 weeks) while I was in high school but my doctor believes that there is nothing wrong.

However, we have done some research on men with spinal cord injuries and the chances of us conceiving naturally is slim (trying to not get discouraged). We know there are alot of options.

We need to discuss how long we would like to try on our own before going to a doctor (my mind is a year at the most). July was our first month of TTC. 

I have been using an online fertility chart and I have started taking prenatal vitamins. 

I definitely have baby fever as many of my friends and family have started having kids already. It's been a challenge to be happy for others and not let the jealousy take over.

Anyone have any friendly advice, suggestions?

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#23 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 10:04 AM

Hello to everyone. Thanks for the previous warm welcome. I enjoy hearing all of your updates and feel grateful to share part of this adventure with you. 

Based on my temps, I believe I am 7dpo so you can move me to Waiting to Know. We will be on vacation next week and are planning to test next Wednesday morning. I am trying to keep an open mind and be prepared for whatever the outcome is this cycle (this is only our second try). In the meantime, we have done a few fun things in preparation for pregnancy. We stopped by a cloth diaper store to see what products they offer and to ask questions. We also went on a tour of a local birth center and met the midwives. Over the past couple of months I have been trying to be consistent with water intake and regular exercise. We've also started working on a "Character Registry." The idea is that we develop a wish list of character traits, habits and non-material items that we will continue to work on, develop and acquire in preparation for parenting. The conversations with DH that happen as a result of this list making have been great.

Have a great week everyone!

#24 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread!  I hope we have lots of graduates this week :)

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#25 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I will be 27 in Nov and my fiancee is 29.

I had a couple early miscarriages (under 8 weeks) while I was in high school but my doctor believes that there is nothing wrong.

However, we have done some research on men with spinal cord injuries and the chances of us conceiving naturally is slim (trying to not get discouraged). We know there are alot of options.

We need to discuss how long we would like to try on our own before going to a doctor (my mind is a year at the most). July was our first month of TTC. 

I have been using an online fertility chart and I have started taking prenatal vitamins. 

I definitely have baby fever as many of my friends and family have started having kids already. It's been a challenge to be happy for others and not let the jealousy take over.

Anyone have any friendly advice, suggestions?

I hear where you're coming from.  My sister has an 18month old. My sister-in-law has a 1 year old, and my cousin (who is like a sister to me), just gave birth last week.. babies everywhere and for everyone, it seems.

I think the thing that has helped me to not be jealous and bitter is to realize that although they do have beautiful children now, they all faced their own battle with TTC.  My sister's husband had a congenital heart defect that required surgery before the age of 40 - They had been TTC for over a year, and a month after his surgery she became pregnant (after one awful, awful miscarriage (aren't they all?)). 

My cousin and her DH TTC for over a year and a half, and the day before they were to begin their fertility treatments she finally got her BFP... so although it seems like everyone but me is having babies, it has been helpful to keep in mind that I'm not the only one who has taken time to conceive.. some women try for years with no luck, and I choose to be grateful for my family the way it is, and know that I have no power to change my future.. what will be will be. 

Just me and DS.
#26 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Studyingstones, sounds like you went camping in my neck of the woods, so to speak wink1.gif. Meanwhile, we went camping at Sandbanks Provincial Park last weekend...so beautiful!!!

Gratefulstella, I take vitex once a day as per Dr. Google, but I've been really spotty about taking it regularly, so I haven't noticed any benefits greensad.gif however, the bottle recommends taking it 3x/day, so maybe that would be better? Argh! I need to get myself on a meds routine; I hate being inconsistent with my supplements!

#27 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidamama84 View Post

Studyingstones, sounds like you went camping in my neck of the woods, so to speak wink1.gif. Meanwhile, we went camping at Sandbanks Provincial Park last weekend...so beautiful!!!

Well isn't that funny! We were at Voyageur Provincial Park..funny thing is we stopped in to see my brother-in-law and his family on the way, and they're only 40 minutes from Sandbanks (in Belleville). I wish we could have found a spot there, but they were booked solid! Voyageur was beautiful though! (we originally were going to go to Chutes near Sudbury, but changed our reservation at the last minute because there was a fire ban).

Just me and DS.
#28 of 52 Old 08-08-2012, 08:08 PM

Yeah, our campground was turning ppl away, but I booked it only a couple days beforehand...but there was a burn ban on there too...pretty much everywhere hereabouts, I think! Poor DD had to have "raw" marshmallows, lol! We got rained out on Sunday too!

#29 of 52 Old 08-09-2012, 05:52 AM

Hi everyone. My finacé and I are sort of ttc. We aren't stressing about anything but we aren't preventing and trying to have do the dead close to when I might be ovulating. Im not using o tests. This month though I feel very "different". I could just be not feeling 100%. very tired, emotional and have been having cramps since 1 week after o. I tested this morning 3 days before my period is due. I got this very faint line but its there every time I look. I took a pic and blew it up a little and can definetly see the color... maybe im crazy... tell me what you think,

#30 of 52 Old 08-09-2012, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sorry, Butterfly, I can't see anything.  It might just be due to blur though?

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page