Please can someone help me read my chart? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2012, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I started charting this month and our plan was to avoid pregnancy as we are waiting to TTC until early 2013, however if it was to happen now that is fine too. We avoided sex around when the chart said I ovulated but did it on the 11th (yesterday). My chart says I ovulated on the 8th and I thought it was the 9th because of ovulation pains that night. Then I put in my temperature today and it had shot up making it look like yesterday was a dip and I am now questioning if that might have been ovulation. Also the date of ovulation was in a think red line and has now switched to a dotted one meaning the chart is no longer sure. In retrospect if I had the same length period as last month then yesterday would have been 14 days until I was due on. It looks a bit erratic so I may be totally off with charting but I was wondering if you could help me decide if it was the 8th or 11th?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

I can't tell from your chart (and I will admit, I found charting temperature so hard, so hats off to all of you who do it!), but am bumping this up in hopes that someone else will see it and be able to help.

Sending good wishes for your TTC journey.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 08-14-2012, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's been awhile since I've read a chart, but it looks like the lower temp at 3dpo is a fallback temp. You have a nice clear rise on the 9th with ewcm, and your cm was sticky on the 11th coinciding with the drop. You won't know for sure until the end of the 2ww, of course, but that's my educated guess (and I charted for a long, long time, so it's fairly educated). Even if you did ovulate on the 11th, your cm wasn't ideal, lowering the chances of conceiving. HTH!

Amanda and Dh, ds 09/00, ds 08/03, ds 10/05, and ds 05/08, and 3 :

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List