The ONE Thread - Aug 12-19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 71 Old 08-12-2012, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for August 12-19!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

aHikaru

baby4makes6

bdavis912

dakipode

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella  BFPChart2.gif

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

jr'smom

kimble

lenny1027

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

livingsky BFPChart2.gif

maia.springgoddess

MyName

nattery

newtoTTC

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

StudyingStones BFPChart2.gif

SweetMama34

sweetnatural

ThePeacefulMama

Tropicalfever

zebrapopcorn

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

BaileyB

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

cavertmmy

ciga

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

- Jenn -

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

librarygirl  BFPChart2.gif

lilgreenmama

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif     

magoodoggy BFPChart2.gif

mamainthemaking

Mz J

odinsmama

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

SandyLoam

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

TwighlightJoy BFPChart2.gif 

wannabemomkt

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

bloodofthefae

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

Butterflymom

candyshells

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Lidamama84

LisaAdkins20

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
tinytina
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif July BFP's heartbeat.gif

nearlyelated

heartbeat.gif June BFP's heartbeat.gif

clumsysugarplum

maydaymom10 BFPChart2.gif

pieknits

heartbeat.gif May BFP's heartbeat.gif

SophieAnn BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif April BFP's heartbeat.gif

bellybaby2012

GoBecGo

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#2 of 71 Old 08-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Mayday!

I've been tremendously grumpy today - yelling at DH, DS, and our dog most of the day. I have horrendous back pain, which I've had for a few days but didn't think about until I started spotting yesterday as a possible symptom.
Basically, I feel like total crap - hoping its for a good reason, otherwise I'm just a huge b$&@h today greensad.gif

Just me and DS.
#3 of 71 Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 PM

I decided to use soy isoflavones this cycle, so, of course, the donors are being difficult to schedule!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#4 of 71 Old 08-12-2012, 05:48 PM

Thanks for keeping us on track, maydaymom!

I'm excited to see some new faces around here and I wish you ladies a speedy BFP!

AFM: nothing exciting to report, I'm feeling almost apathetic at this point, though I'm sure as I get closer to O I'll get my hopes up again. At least this month I feel like we have a plan. That is, if DH ever gets over it and goes to get his swimmers checked out...

Have a happy week and good luck everyone!

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#5 of 71 Old 08-12-2012, 06:03 PM

So... what supplements are you all taking?

In the morning I'm taking:
- 2 New Chapter Perfect Prenatal
- 2 Green Pastures FCLO and 2 Green Pastures BO
- 1 New Chapter Wholemega Prenatal

At night I'm taking:
- 1 New Chapter Perfect Prenatal
- 2 Green Pastures FCLO and 2 Green Pastures BO
- 1 New Chapter Wholemega Prenatal
- 2 Twinlab Tri-boron (for calcium)

I've always been a little crazy about my supplements... lol. I'm thinking about alternating with a different prenatal brand every other day... maybe Rainbow Light or Garden of Life? Not sure yet... need to do some more research. Very interested in what you ladies have chosen!

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#6 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 05:06 AM

Welcome TwilightJoy! For supplements, I take Rainbow Light Prenatals, Fish Oil/Flax Oil Combo (I forget the brand), Citracal (calcium + D) and then I take a 1000IU Vitamin D supplement any day that I am not out in the sun enough or it is to deep in winter to get Vitamin D from the sun. I occasionally take a vitamin B supplement if I am really tired and vitamin C if I am feeling sick. And I make sure to take my prenatal vitamin that has iron separate from my calcium as they interfere with each other's absorption.

Dakipode, I hear you on the apathy, I tend to feel that way when waiting to get close to O too.

Stevi, I hope you can get the donors scheduled ok!

StudyingStones, I hope it is a good sign too.

So, I'm getting pretty excited ladies smile.gif Yesterday I was putting Sydney down for a nap and like usually was reading some books to her on my lap. Well, she leaned back into me and ow, tender breasts, haven't felt like that since I was breastfeeding. They were tender the rest of the day and still are today so biggrinbounce.gif is how I'm feeling. We also decided to go visit my parents, DH's parents and my brother and SIL this weekend, so that will be fun! Oh and I need to decide when to test. We are leaving Friday morning, so I am think of testing then as that will be 13DPO. Usually I wait to test until I am a couple days late, but I think I may just go ahead this time as I don't want to have to sneak around testing at my parents and I don't want to have to wait until we are back as we might not get back until Monday night!

Oh and I wanted to comment on the exercise stuff from last thread. Excercise unless extremely strenuous I can't see interfering with TTC, I would think it would help or be neutral as it is increasing your metabolism and all that. Weight loss can affect it if it is a sudden drop, but a couple pounds a week is no big deal especially if you are above your ideal weight. Same with diet, moderate dieting is fine, but slashing calories is going to potentially impact fertility. I have been working out 2-4x a week for 20-30 minutes at a time and I have been working on eating more whole foods, more vegetables, more protein, less refined carbs, but making sure I'm not sitting around hungry. I feel much better after doing that and I have lost a few pounds too. I'm honestly not that worried about weight loss (not that I can't afford to lose pounds as I definitely can, I just don't focus on it), but about feeling and being healthful. I plan to continue exercising as much as fatigue and such will allow during pregnancy as I slacked off on that last time especially towards the end. Luckily I have a toddler to chase around, so I'll be guaranteed some just from that smile.gif

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#7 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Hi!,

I haven't been in her on MDC for a long time, but used to be somewhat active. I have a just turned 4 year old and have just started ttc. I got pregnant for a little while last month (two positive tests two days in a row) but then got my period--about a week late. So most likely a very early miscarriage/"chemical pregnancy." Trying again this month, but not yet charting. Recommendations for prenatal vitamins that are easy on the stomach?

Thanks!

Aimee

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#8 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 08:19 AM

StudyingStones, that sounds really promising!! Good luck to you.

TwilightJoy, I'm just curious, why so many prenatal vitamins? I thought it was a one per day kind of thing.

AFM, nothing going on here, just hanging out waiting to O. I'm feeling less uptight about it this month, but maybe that is just because there is nothing "going on" right now. I think after striking out the past two months, I realise that it's just going to happen when it happens and I can't do anything to change that (other than charting, keeping myself healthy, etc.). Of course, ask me again if I'm still not pregnant in a couple months, and I'm sure I won't be so calm about it, ha. 

#9 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 08:20 AM

Subscribing - thanks for the new thread!

Stevi - isn't that always the way? I still credit soy isos for helping me get pregnant last time. Unfortunately they're not safe while breastfeeding, or I'd have tried them again. I hope your donors shape up and you get a few good donations during your fertile time!

AFM: CD5 and AF is on her way out. Nothing exciting going on. Hoping we can get as good a timing this month as we did last month!

BTW - Does anyone know if Vitex is safe to take while breastfeeding?

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#10 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 11:32 AM

LivingSky...   Can you pump a supply to use for about 2 weeks so you can try the Soy again? You could pump during that time to keep your milk flowing, too. (I know little to nothing about breastfeeding, so please read my idea with that in mind. lol) This is, of course, if your lil one will use a bottle for that amount of time! :)

AAM...   Still no sperm for me. And I'm practically gushing with EWCM!!! Argh! I have a donor scheduled for tonight, hopefully he doesn't cancel on me.

Think Fertile Thoughts!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#11 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 11:58 AM

TwilightJoy, I only take a one a day prenatal vitamin - curious as to why you take so many?

Dakipode, I sometimes feel apathetic in the week after my period, then more excited around actual O time.

Quinalla, Good luck - I hope your symptoms mean you will get a BFP soon!

RadioWave, Welcome!!  I hope your stay with us is short!

Lenny, I know the feeling - some months the negatives are easier to deal with than others.  I always allow myself to be a bit weepy the first day of my period, then try to be positive after that.. not always easy though!

LivingSky, I hope this is the month for you!

Stevi, I really hope your donors and the stars line up for a nice BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!

AFM, I'm still spotting a bit.. half paranoid that it's my period starting a week early.. hopefully not!  I cracked and told DH that I think I *may* be pregnant, and his response "and you were worried?"  Not exactly what I was looking for (some excitement would have been nice), but I guess he is right!  (plus I told him over text, so he might be excited and it just didn't come across that way).   Ever since the spotting started I'm back in obsession mode - kind of disappointing after such a relaxing month of not thinking about it.  If this all ends up being nothing I'm going to be crushed. eyesroll.gif  (and majorly confused since I never get mid-cycle spotting).

Just me and DS.
#12 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 12:08 PM

Stevi - I could do that, but honestly I'm too lazy to pump that much smile.gif It is SO much easier just to breastfeed, especially in the middle of the night. I hate pumping, I'll do almost anything to get out of it! DS is in daycare about 2 minutes away from my work so instead of pumping while I'm at work, I use my lunch hour as two 30 minute breaks and go feed him twice during the day smile.gif I hope your donor makes it tonight and gives you a much deserved BFP!

StudyinyStones - I hope you get your BFP!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#13 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny1027 View Post

TwilightJoy, I'm just curious, why so many prenatal vitamins? I thought it was a one per day kind of thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudyingStones View Post

TwilightJoy, I only take a one a day prenatal vitamin - curious as to why you take so many?

The New Chapter pills are small, you're supposed to take 3 a day.
http://www.newchapter.com/multi-vitamins/perfect-prenatal#suggested-use
http://www.newchapter.com/multi-vitamins/perfect-prenatal#supplement-facts

Quinalla- Fingers crossed for a BFP Friday morning!!! Keep us posted!

radiowave- *hugs* for the chem pregnancy or mc... I hope this month is your month!

Stevi- Fertile thoughts!! I hope your donor comes through tonight, let us know!

StudyingStones- I hope it's implantation spotting! When are you going to test?

#14 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM

LivingSky...   LOL The lazy thing is the reason I WANT to breastfeed! So, I totally get it!!! LOL

AAM...   Whew! I finally got a donor to show up! Now I can relax, as I have a suspicion that I'm going to be ovulating early.

#15 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 06:17 PM

TwilightJoy, that makes sense! I thought maybe you knew something about prenatal vitamins that I was missing. AF is due on Friday night/Saturday, so I plan on testing with Sunday FMU...if I can wait that long. We'll see. I'm going to try not to buy a test till Saturday night so I don't test early, but then I'll probably end up trying Saturday night, lol. I am really hoping this is it for me! I've been having period-like cramps all night..I'm still half afraid that I'll go to the bathroom and AF will be in full force, but so far it's still light pink or brown spotting only.

Stevi, I'm so glad your donor worked out!, sending fertile thoughts your way!

Just me and DS.
#16 of 71 Old 08-13-2012, 07:48 PM

Thanks for the new thread!!!

Stevi- Good luck!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#17 of 71 Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi ladies... We are trying again, and I think I am ovulating. (Feeling kind of crampy... BD felt better than usual)

I am not charting, but will prolly start next cycle if we don't catch it on the first one. I am taking Rainbow Light one a day. I hate supplements and don't end up taking them reliably if there are more than 2 a day...

Excited, scared, trying not to be too optimistic. It shall be as it shall be.

aHikaru likes this.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#18 of 71 Old 08-14-2012, 12:58 AM

Oh and I have a ton of weight to lose, 30-40 lbs would be good. I am using this time to get restarted exercising and avoiding too much sugar. My biggest fear is about being uncomfortable and F.A.T, but I am trying to love myself and remember that it is about health, and I can have a healthy pregnancy in the skin I am in if I make good choices.

G'night ladies!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#19 of 71 Old 08-14-2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Oh and I have a ton of weight to lose, 30-40 lbs would be good. I am using this time to get restarted exercising and avoiding too much sugar. My biggest fear is about being uncomfortable and F.A.T, but I am trying to love myself and remember that it is about health, and I can have a healthy pregnancy in the skin I am in if I make good choices.

G'night ladies!

This sounds a lot like me right now!  Welcome and good luck, anyalily!  I hope your stay with us is nice and short winky.gif

Just me and DS.
#20 of 71 Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 AM

Thanks all! I may just test earlier as I am having other symptoms too now and I have several tests as I ordered 10 online for cheap when we started TTC (can't stand paying for one or two tests in store what I could pay for 10+ tests online with shipping), we'll see smile.gif

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#21 of 71 Old 08-14-2012, 10:10 AM

Quinalla, yay!!!!!  When do you think you'll test?  Fingers and toes crossed that you get your BFP!!

Just me and DS.
#22 of 71 Old 08-14-2012, 12:20 PM

Day 3 of spotting over here, and it finally looks like it's coming to an end.  For a bit there it started to get pretty red and a bit heavier, and I really started to fear that it was my period coming super early.  I'm glad it's slowing down, and I'm really starting to believe that I'll get a BFP this weekend.

On other news, I learned late last night that my grandma was admitted to the hospital and they think she had a heart attack.  She is 90 years old and has lived a wonderfully full life. She still does Tae Chi once a week, bakes pies for church charities and is grandmother to I don't even know how many people.  I am very sad.  She is also a 13 hour drive away from us, so I don't know if I'll be able to go up and see her.   I am going to get some pictures of DS printed tonight for my mom to take with her when she goes down tomorrow.

I can't help but feeling like this is my fault.. that because I'm trying to bring a new life into this world, it is taking the place of another life.  I know it's ridiculous, but I just can't shake this feeling.   I am so sad. greensad.gif

Just me and DS.
#23 of 71 Old 08-14-2012, 01:39 PM

StudyingStones, I am so sorry! Hugs to you. I believe that everything in the universe is connected, but it is not so simple to us little humans, as one life in, one life out. Just hold joy and love and light for your grandma and light a candle for her. Peace, mama.

#24 of 71 Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 PM

hug.gif Studying Stones. Such a tough situation. I hope that she isn't in any pain and that she recovers quickly and gets back to her full health. When it is her time, may she pass peacefully. hug.gif

#25 of 71 Old 08-14-2012, 08:08 PM

StudyingStones: I do hope you get your BFP! I'm sorry that you're feeling conflicted about TTC and it being connected to your grandmother's declining health. Sending hugs and moral support.

Quinalla: your situation sounds pretty promising as well. Any news yet?

Stevi: glad to see you got your donor lined up. Wishing you all the best for this cycle!

Regarding the exercise question: vigorous exercise will mess with your cycle. I have actually cut waaay down on my exercise starting with my last cycle and that was a fairly normal one, as opposed to the 40 day cycles I sometimes get. My doctor also believes that that was a big influence so he recommended I take it easy and I have, so I'm curious to see how this cycle will work out. So far no sign of O and I'm on CD15...

#26 of 71 Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I feel pretty stupid... the spotting turned into full out red, heavy bleeding this morning as AF announced her arrival.   When I sat down in the bathroom and found all the red blood I just said "oh noooooo" in the most dejected way possible.  I feel like such an idiot for being so positive.. I should really know better by now than to get my hopes up.    Thanks a lot, body, for throwing me another curve ball and starting my period 4 days early.  This is the shortest cycle I've had yet at 28 days, so I don't know what the hell is up with that.

My grandmother is doing a bit better, she is supposed to get out of the hospital on Saturday, but they're not sure she'll be able to live on her own after this (it was confirmed she did have a mild heartattack). She's already talking about seling her house and moving into a Senior's centre. 

I've got a lot of things coming down on me right now, so I am going to go spend the next couple days hiding in bed and pretending like the world doesn't exist (yeah right, like that's possible with a 5 year old).

Please move me back to Waiting O, and I'm sure I'll be back in a few days when I'm feeling less down.   Hopefully there are some BFPs around here in the meantime.

Take care, everyone.

Just me and DS.
#27 of 71 Old 08-15-2012, 09:29 AM

StudyingStones hug2.gif  sorry about AF showing up. I can relate to feeling silly about getting my hopes up. And yet without hope where would we be? We have to believe it'll happen otherwise why even bother, right? Good to hear your grandmother has accepted that she needs assistance. That can be the hardest part sometimes, convincing an elderly relative that it's ok to have help. Take care, soothe your soul, be patient and kind to yourself.

kimble likes this.

#28 of 71 Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 AM

StudyingStones - So sorry that AF found you. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress about the shorter cycle - IIRC, you thought you ovulated earlier than normal, right? If you did, that would make your cycle shorter, not make your LP longer. If it helps any, the cycle before I got pregnant with DS, my cycle was just like yours - I O'ed early, had a 16 day LP (4 days longer than normal for me) and spotted for 2-3 days before AF arrived (I never spot before AF). Next cycle, BFP. I really hope that pattern happens for you as well! I also hope your grandmother improves and her living situation works out for the best for her.

#29 of 71 Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 AM

More hugs, Studying Stones. hug.gif I hope that next month is your month. The chart stalker in me wants to know- are you going to temp?

#30 of 71 Old 08-15-2012, 05:52 PM

Thanks ladies for your kindness. I'm feeling a bit better, but today was a rough day. On top of my grandma's health and AF arriving, my mom was laid off from work today (she works at the same hospital I do), so that was not fun. There's also some issues with DS's behavior at summer camp that are stressing me out, and I'm rather miffed at my FIL over another situation, so it was a lot of things all at once. I'm going to allow myself today to mope, and get back on track tomorrow.

TwilightJoy, yes I plan on temping smile.gif
I'm going to use a different app this month than fertility friend, cause I don't like it as much, but I'll post the link to my chart when I figure it out.

Here's hoping for a positive month (in more ways than one!)

Stevi and LivingSky, can you share some of your knowledge/experience with soy Isoflavens? How much should you take, and on what cycle days? I may try them this month. Should I take them with a B complex, do you think?

Just me and DS.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page