Celiac Disease - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-18-2012, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

ok i went my doc  today and he ran some blood work and told me that i had celiac disease does anyone know anything about it he told me that it could be what is cause me to have miscarriage if any one has an info on it would be thankful to hear from you thanks in advance i was told to stop eat things with gluten in it but i dont know where to start

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-18-2012, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow you got a very fast diagnosis! Consider yourself lucky in that respect - it often takes years for a diagnosis. I don't have Celiac's but have known I am Gluten intolerant for 5 years.  The answer to your questions are yes and yes. It absolutely can cause fertility issues. And absolutely stop eating anything with gluten in it pronto. Did he recommend a nutritionist to help you? Getting it under control can help some of your fertility/ hormone issues and you will feel sooooo much better. Here are a few links to get you started:

http://www.celiac.com/

http://www.celiac.com/categories/Celiac-Disease-Research%3A-Associated-Diseases-and-Disorders/Fertility,-Pregnancy,-Miscarriage-and-Celiac-Disease/

http://www.celiaccentral.org/

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/  (recipes)

Hope you get to feeling better soon :)

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#3 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

if it was not for dh we would have not know as fast as we did i have not felt well for a few years and dh took me to his doc instead of my doc because he was tired of my doc saying there was nothing wrong and that it was all in my head well he told his doc everything that was going on and he said he want to get a few tested done and that he would get some answer and well he did and would call us by the end of the day and i now say he is my new doc oh and thank you justjenny i am going to try and find a nutritionst as soon as possable he did not know of one but at least i know what is going on and that it is not all in my head and i can start get my life back now after be so sick for the last few years and maybe now i will get to have my baby we want i know it will take time now but at least we know what is going on

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#4 of 5 Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I totally relate with being told it is in your head. I went to 4 Doctors before I figured it out on my own eyesroll.gif  One even went as far as to recommend a psychiatrist! I was irate!  Good luck on your new life...'cause that's what its going to feel like for ya :)

namaste.gif

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#5 of 5 Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 AM - Thread Starter

thank you 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page