The ONE Thread - Aug 19-26 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 83 Old 08-22-2012, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynnH View Post

Hi, I'm new here.  DH and I just pulled the goalie (went off BC) last month and it's possible I guess that I may be pregnant.  I have no idea what all of these acronyms mean or really the first idea about what to look for, etc.  I don't even know if I O'd this month or not but I believe I should be getting AF within a day or so if I follow a 28 day cycle.  What are some good resources for someone learning the ropes?

I love the "pulled the goalie".  A good chuckle before bed does a girl good!

Welcome and lots of luck making a BABY!!

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#62 of 83 Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 AM

It's completely normal to hyperventilate a bit when someone reminds you that you could, in fact, be creating a person each time you get down, right?  

#63 of 83 Old 08-23-2012, 09:28 AM

sweetmama: Congrats! I wish you an uneventful pregnancy and a beautiful baby.

AmandaLynn: yes, the thought of bringing new life into this world can be overwhelming because it is such a life changing miracle... As for resources: I highly recommend Taking Charge Of Your Fertility (TCOYF), many ladies here have read it, great information about how to read the signs of fertility your body displays. I bought a copy but the library here has one too.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#64 of 83 Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 AM

2ww ladies... Any symptoms?

Ive noticed a few twinges on both sides of my uterous. Could be normal and i am just hyperaware.
Last night i was pretty tired and tried to go to bed early but couldnt fall asleep.
Today i have had 2 dizzy spells.
Breasts are starting to be tender but that is normal with pms for me.

I think i am going to test on saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#65 of 83 Old 08-23-2012, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynnH View Post

It's completely normal to hyperventilate a bit when someone reminds you that you could, in fact, be creating a person each time you get down, right?  

Yup. I do it daily.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#66 of 83 Old 08-23-2012, 10:57 PM

Soooo....... Does anybody else feel moody/depressed/emotional right before they ovulate? It's kind of like PMS symptoms, but I always get them in the few days before I ovulate. It's irritating. PMS and Pre-ovulation Syndrome. gloomy.gif I can't escape the hormones.

Breastfeeding, Cloth-Diapering, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing Mama to a Sweet Little Boy slingboy.gif

#67 of 83 Old 08-24-2012, 11:50 AM

Hi everyone!  Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been looking into fertility friend and started a chart today.  I didn't temp as I didn' t know how but will tomorrow, probably with our normal thermometer since I don't have a BBT one.  But I have learned that I'm probably not pregnant but that, according to my CM, might be approaching ovulation.  I suppose it makes sense that it would be delayed the first month after going off bc.  Course I probably won't be able to accurately tell this month without temping but at least I know now what the signs are.  Oddly enough, I realized I was approaching ewcm because I thought to myself the other day that my cm was different than it had been when I was on the pill which again, makes sense since that keeps you from ovulating.  I also know now not to expect something resembling a fried egg when I picture ewcm.  heh.

I'm hoping that this is my fertile time which again, is super odd to me since I really didn't think I'd go from meh to having kids to BABIES GIMME GIMME GIMME!  Weird how that worked out.  Then again I'm not a big fan of uncertainty and months of maybe would probably not sit too well with me.

#68 of 83 Old 08-24-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post

Soooo....... Does anybody else feel moody/depressed/emotional right before they ovulate? It's kind of like PMS symptoms, but I always get them in the few days before I ovulate. It's irritating. PMS and Pre-ovulation Syndrome. gloomy.gif I can't escape the hormones.

I do when I am stressed about conceiving. I think it is a symptom of mental health for me, not pre-O. Perhaps you are depleted...

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#69 of 83 Old 08-24-2012, 01:23 PM

AmandLynnH...   Not exactly fried egg, unless it is under cooked. Fertile CM (ewcm) is clear and slippery, like the white of a raw egg. That is a nice way of describing it, another way is to remember that it is mucous, and it really does look and feel like the mucous that comes from your sinuses! lol

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#70 of 83 Old 08-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

I do when I am stressed about conceiving. I think it is a symptom of mental health for me, not pre-O. Perhaps you are depleted...

Hmmmm...... what could I be depleted in that would cause this?

Breastfeeding, Cloth-Diapering, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing Mama to a Sweet Little Boy slingboy.gif

#71 of 83 Old 08-24-2012, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
twilightjoyand others in 2ww, I started 2ww symptoms yesterday! Heavy sore breasts, twinges, weak tummy. I hate coffee now which happened with my mc in April, and got crazy heart burn like I've only had when pregnant with my 2yo. But I'm always hyper aware and imagine symptoms each month.
BUT my temp was .5 up yesterday and today too (7dpo and 8dpo) from my previous luteal phase temps this month so I'm getting very curious and optimistic! Is it possible to have tri phase temp at this stage and if so, how soon might I get a positive? I hate testing early because I torture myself! I don't like to fail tests smile.gif
#72 of 83 Old 08-24-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post

Hmmmm...... what could I be depleted in that would cause this?

Well, in general I think having a B deficiency can effect the mood. I am not trained in all this, I just know enough to be dangerous, as the saying goes.

#73 of 83 Old 08-25-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKind View Post

twilightjoyand others in 2ww, I started 2ww symptoms yesterday! Heavy sore breasts, twinges, weak tummy. I hate coffee now which happened with my mc in April, and got crazy heart burn like I've only had when pregnant with my 2yo. But I'm always hyper aware and imagine symptoms each month.
BUT my temp was .5 up yesterday and today too (7dpo and 8dpo) from my previous luteal phase temps this month so I'm getting very curious and optimistic! Is it possible to have tri phase temp at this stage and if so, how soon might I get a positive? I hate testing early because I torture myself! I don't like to fail tests smile.gif

Yay, LittleKind! I hope this is your month! What day are you testing?

I'm at 9DPO today. Still having some sporadic uterus twinges, on both sides, quite low. Breast soreness (normal with PMS). However, I'm also thinking I'm getting a yeast infection. greensad.gif

#74 of 83 Old 08-25-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maydaymom10 View Post

2) Is anyone interested in taking over the the maintenance of this thread? I'm ending my first trimester this week (it's gone fast, I know), and I feel like it's the time to pass the torch onto someone who can devote more time to it. It's a very simple process, so let me know if you're interested & I'll PM you the instructions. 

I thought I would bump this up to see if there were any takers.

I am 100% willing to do this, but I haven't been around very long, so I feel that one of you more "familiar" ladies should get a chance to volunteer before I jumped in. innocent.gif

#75 of 83 Old 08-25-2012, 07:36 PM

I have had brown spotting all day, along with a bit of red here and there. I don't think I can recall ever having this brown color before. I tested and got a BFN this morning with SMU, so I'm not really too hopeful. I am just curious to see something new going on after all of these years!

Think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#76 of 83 Old 08-25-2012, 07:39 PM

Well at 4DPO I guess I can start imagining symptoms now, right? I had a sharp pain tonight that I like to think was related to implantation, but is that even possible to feel? Also feeling extra tired this afternoon, and short on patience with DD. Of course those last two things are probably just lack of enough sleep on both our parts, ha. That's all I have so far. Soon will start stalking myself for signs of implantation spotting. Don't remember any breast soreness with DD, so not anticipating that even if I am pregnant. Haven't been obsessing since I O'd, but I think that's about to change. Going to wait until Friday to test. I only have one in the house so I think I can hold out. That will put me at 10/11DPO (depending on who you ask....FF thinks I O'd a day earlier than I think I did). Going to my dad's for the weekend  next weekend so I would really like to know before we go, but I will still test there if I have to. We have our own bathroom there and I will smuggle the tests out if it's BFN. If it's BFP we plan to tell him next weekend that he'll be having a half dozen grandchildren by the end of May. (My sis is due with her 4th in September.)

#77 of 83 Old 08-25-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

I have had brown spotting all day, along with a bit of red here and there. I don't think I can recall ever having this brown color before. I tested and got a BFN this morning with SMU, so I'm not really too hopeful. I am just curious to see something new going on after all of these years!

Think Fertile Thoughts!

That could totally be implantation spotting! Mine was brown last time, I believe. Good luck! How may DPO are you?

#78 of 83 Old 08-25-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKind View Post

I hate testing early because I torture myself! I don't like to fail tests smile.gif

I know what you mean. I think I'm an overachiever even when it comes to trying to get pregnant, ha.

#79 of 83 Old 08-26-2012, 04:37 AM

Hi everyone,

Just got back from a week's vacay, so I'm catching up on everyone's lives....boy has it been busy here. Studying stones, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation greensad.gif. That really, really sucks.

Welcome to the newbies! I hope your stay here is short and fruitful smile.gif

Afm, I am still trying to pin DH down as to when he wants to start TTCing again. Every time I mention a month he's like "so soon?!" but then I keep talking about how nice it would be to have a big family, so I think I'm wearing him down slowly wink1.gif

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#80 of 83 Old 08-26-2012, 05:30 AM

lenny1027...   I knew it wasn't implantation bleeding, but thank you for the thought! (smile)

AF arrived this morning. Maybe that old blood means I had a chemical pregnancy? Who knows. Anyway, I'm going to make the arrangements for the HSG!

#81 of 83 Old 08-26-2012, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
twilightjoy I think I will test a week from today, even though I'm 10dpo and it could work. My luteal phase has changed with being pregnant twice. For years it was 11 days but after charting a few months I see its 13 to 15 now. Also I had a slow rise temp and then a big upshift at what I think was 7dpo, but its sort of muddled this month. I need a 21st century chart like all of you! Mine is a photocopy from Taking Charge of Your Fertility in a file folder by my bed!

lenny last time I was pregnant I definitely felt cramps 4-6 dpo and symptoms shortly after. But even though it felt like an early implantation I didn't get a bfp until 13 dpo. Wishing you luck! The dozen grandchildren line is awesome.

stevi that sounds like a good sign to me! I hope you get a bfp soon.

everyone! I'm not super familiar with the finer points of charting and can't link my chart but tell me what you think : for 4-5 days after I ovulated I had temps 2 to 5 points above my previous. Maybe this counts as a slow rise or maybe that was phase 2. Then day 5 or 6 dpo my temp shot up 5 more points and stayed there. I'm certain I ovulated within the two days, then had 5 sliiightly up temps, now all my temps are 5 above that. Does this sound triphasal? 5-6 dpo seems a bit early from what I read for triphasal but I wonder if its possible?

Next month I'll start fertility friend so there will be no more detailed chart description smile.gif
#82 of 83 Old 08-26-2012, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightJoy View Post

I thought I would bump this up to see if there were any takers.
I am 100% willing to do this, but I haven't been around very long, so I feel that one of you more "familiar" ladies should get a chance to volunteer before I jumped in. innocent.gif

TwilightJoy - Looks like you're the lone volunteer orngbiggrin.gif  Let me know if you're still willing and I'll get you info on what to do. I'll get next week's set up. Thanks for volunteering!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMama34 View Post

I couldn't hold back long to plan an awesome way to tell DH....so I just went up to him and told him I needed a new car. He said, "What? Why?" I told him I didn't need it now, but would by next May. He was SO confused and a little irritated - LOL - and finally said, "Why? Are you pregnant?" with the biggest smile on his face. We're so thrilled (and feeling a little cautious, as my LP was a little short last month...but things feel good, so I'm focusing on the positive instead.)

Congrats SweetMama34! I love how you broke the news to your DH. Sending sticky vibes your way goodvibes.gifand wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#83 of 83 Old 08-26-2012, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

The new thread is up: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1361577/the-one-thread-aug-26-sept-2

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page