The ONE Thread - Aug 19-26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for August 19 - 26!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

baby4makes6

bdavis912

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella  BFPChart2.gif

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

jr'smom

kimble

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

livingsky BFPChart2.gif

maia.springgoddess

MyName

nattery

newtoTTC

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

sweetnatural

ThePeacefulMama

Tropicalfever

zebrapopcorn

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

BaileyB

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

cavertmmy

ciga

dakipode

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

- Jenn -

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

lenny1027 BFPChart2.gif

librarygirl  BFPChart2.gif

lilgreenmama

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif     

LittleKind

magoodoggy BFPChart2.gif

mamainthemaking

Mz J

odinsmama

SandyLoam

skeemama

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

TwighlightJoy BFPChart2.gif 

wannabemomkt

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

bloodofthefae

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

aHikaru

Butterflymom

candyshells

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Lidamama84

LisaAdkins20

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
tinytina
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif August BFP's heartbeat.gif

SweetMama34

heartbeat.gif July BFP's heartbeat.gif

nearlyelated

heartbeat.gif June BFP's heartbeat.gif

clumsysugarplum

maydaymom10 BFPChart2.gif

pieknits

heartbeat.gif May BFP's heartbeat.gif

SophieAnn BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif April BFP's heartbeat.gif

bellybaby2012

GoBecGo

heartbeat.gif February BFP's heartbeat.gif

gozal BFPChart2.gif

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#2 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all. Hope to hear of some BFPs this week! I do have a couple of questions for you:

1) Is there anyone that should be moved to "Graduates" that I missed? I know we're getting near the end of the months & I feel like we've had some BFPs in the mix this month.

2) Is anyone interested in taking over the the maintenance of this thread? I'm ending my first trimester this week (it's gone fast, I know), and I feel like it's the time to pass the torch onto someone who can devote more time to it. It's a very simple process, so let me know if you're interested & I'll PM you the instructions. 

Hope you all have a wonderful and fertile week!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#3 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 07:25 AM

Thanks for the new thread, Mayday!

I'm happy to take over thread management for you, and hey maybe I'll get some of that thread keepers' luck passed on! smile.gif

Just me and DS.
#4 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi can I join? I've been ttc since January with 1 mc in May. I feel like this is my month! Just started two week wait. My son will be 2 in October and I hope we'll have our second before he's. 3. Good luck everyone!
#5 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 AM

Welcome, LittleKind!!

I hope your stay with us is short and uneventful!

Just me and DS.
#6 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 08:48 AM

maydaymom10- thanks for all the work you've done! Wishing you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy! belly.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudyingStones View Post

I'm happy to take over thread management for you, and hey maybe I'll get some of that thread keepers' luck passed on! smile.gif

Welcome to our new threadkeeper! Hopefully it's just what you need! goodvibes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKind View Post

Hi can I join? I've been ttc since January with 1 mc in May. I feel like this is my month! Just started two week wait. My son will be 2 in October and I hope we'll have our second before he's. 3. Good luck everyone!

Welcome LittleKind! Looks like we're in the same place, just started my 2ww as well! I hope that this is your month!!!

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#7 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 03:07 PM

Can I be moved to waiting to know? I should be getting my temp spike tomorrow. Been good about BD'ing at strategic times so maybe this month...

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#8 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 06:54 PM

PLEASE ADD Me TO WAITING TO KNOW.

This may be the most difficult TWW I have ever known.

We are officially on a timeline.  Both of us in our 40's and after yet another loss, we set the clock.  

Only a few more tries left.

BABY DUST to you lovely ladies.

PEACE.

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#9 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 10:03 PM

maydaymom10 - thank you for maintaining this thread!

studyingstones - yeay! Glad one of our regular posters is up for the task! Thanks! :)

Can you please move me to waiting to know? (And I hope I never have to post that again!)

Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

#10 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 10:07 PM

Can someone tell me how to post a link to my chart on ff? That feels like a really stupid question, but my chart only pops up and isn't on its own page - so what link do I post to show you my chart?

Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

#11 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi all. MayDay, happy pregnancy! Thanks for the thread keeping.

Skee, may I ask why only a few more tries? Are you using special measures, or do you just want to be off the roller coaster? I hope this is your month!

I am starting to be crazy lady. I am probably 2-5 DPO only, and I had some nausea today. I KNOW it is in my head, but I am officially on a symptom watch, I guess. This is the first month in a long time where I feel like I really want to be preggers. I embrace the opportunity and welcome the little soul that may want to come through us. Come on, baby! I have had some twinges, sort of light light cramps and and excited feeling.

I am committing to walking for a half hour a day and making good food choices.

That being said, I am still feeling balanced and relatively unattached about it happening THIS MONTH. I know it will happen when it happens, and it is good to be able to welcome it. I am not aching for a baby, just feeling receptive.

Love and dust to all you ladies! May it be a short stay and long healthy productive pregnancies to all!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#12 of 83 Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 PM

This may sound funny after my last, really cheerful post, but....

Is anyone else afraid of morning sickness? I have some real issues around nausea, and it was rough for me with my DD (now 4 yo). I was sick until about the 14th week, and I was very depressed and let myself sort of shut down. I know every pregnancy is different, but... I just don't have the space in my life to shut down this time around. I have a DD who needs to be up early for preschool, with lunches made and breakfast fed, etc. I have a few part-time projects that I am very committed to, at least my work is flexible, but I have duties, etc. And I know that if I lay around and turn into mush, it sets a bad tone for my whole pregnancy as far as weight gain and my back health go.

So, are any of you afraid of morning sickness too? Any emetaphobic (phobic about throwing up) people out there? I have been working on it in therapy, and my therapist gave me a helpful perspective... Here it is: I hate being sick because I don't like to lose control or be incapacitated. I don't like being sick, germs, etc, because I don't know the exact cause and how long it will last, ie.e, ho long I will be out of control. But with pregnancy, it is actually a good sign, it is discomfort that serves a purpose, and even when I am feeling yucky, I can feel comforted that it is part of an amazing thing.

Sometimes that is comforting. Not sure how comforting it is right now, when I am not feeling entirely well and it may be a condition that is with me for months... Each month we have tried, any time I have an upset stomach, I immediately felt like, "oh no, please don't let me be pregnant." Even though I actually DO want it. This time I actually am still welcoming the pregnancy, but I am a bit terrified. uhoh3.gif

Even after I worked through my birth trauma with DD, and I no longer felt afraid of pain and disfigurement, I still find the prospect of morning sickness daunting. 

Sorry for the long post. It helps to put this all down in writing, for some perspective. help.gif Thanks for listening, if you got this far.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#13 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 06:46 AM

lurk.gif

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#14 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 08:08 AM

Dakipode, Fingers crossed for you that this is your month!

Skeemama, Baby dust to you, I hope you get your BFP!

Sweetmama, When you are signed in to FF, go to the "Sharing" drop down menu, and under "Charting Home Page", click Setup - this will give you a link to share your chart. HTH!

Anyalily, Wishing you strength and peace of mind during this 2WW!  I share your fears of vomitting.  I've lived with IBS all my life that gives me tremendous nausea and upset stomach.   I've always been able to keep myself from vomiting (although some days I'm sure it would make me feel better), so when I was pregnant I was so very afraid that my symptoms would worsen and I wouldn't be able to keep myself from vomiting.  Soda crackers and peppermint candies helped me tremendously.  Would you consider any anti-vomiting meds like Dialectin? (sp?)  I've heard good things about them, though I'm not sure I'd be comfortable enough to try them. 

AFM, nothing new here, just hanging out in Waiting to O land.

Just me and DS.
#15 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 09:46 AM

Well, my "being zen" this cycle and not thinking about it much seems to have been mostly related to the fact that I was just hanging out waiting to O, haha. Still am just waiting to O, but now it's BD time (likely will O tomorrow), and I'm obsessing about whether we should be BDing every day or not (we are, and tonight will be three in a row), whether I have the right quality CM, etc. Hopefully I'm just having "a moment" and will be more relaxed during my TWW. My temps have been more normal this cycle leading up to O, so I am hoping there will be a very clear O date this time, and that I will not have the anxiety/stress that I had last month related to O'ing 3 days later than normal and wondering why I wasn't getting a BFP yet. Sigh. REALLY hoping this works this cycle. faint.gif

#16 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 AM

Hi ladies!! TTC#3 here, on cycle 2.

lenny1027, Trying to take a zen approach myself. But, I think just being on MDC is kindof contrary to zen! At least the less I am on, the less obsessive I am! I am in the 2WW, maybe around 6-7 dpo (not charting temps, just cm). Trying not to assume any symptom I have is pregnancy! Trying to take it easy too!

Good luck! Waiting to see some BFPs here!! (how come there are so few on this thread, compared to the number of ladies in the DDCs? :))

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#17 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

This may sound funny after my last, really cheerful post, but....

Is anyone else afraid of morning sickness? I have some real issues around nausea, and it was rough for me with my DD (now 4 yo). I was sick until about the 14th week, and I was very depressed and let myself sort of shut down. I know every pregnancy is different, but... I just don't have the space in my life to shut down this time around. I have a DD who needs to be up early for preschool, with lunches made and breakfast fed, etc. I have a few part-time projects that I am very committed to, at least my work is flexible, but I have duties, etc. And I know that if I lay around and turn into mush, it sets a bad tone for my whole pregnancy as far as weight gain and my back health go.

So, are any of you afraid of morning sickness too? Any emetaphobic (phobic about throwing up) people out there? I have been working on it in therapy, and my therapist gave me a helpful perspective... Here it is: I hate being sick because I don't like to lose control or be incapacitated. I don't like being sick, germs, etc, because I don't know the exact cause and how long it will last, ie.e, ho long I will be out of control. But with pregnancy, it is actually a good sign, it is discomfort that serves a purpose, and even when I am feeling yucky, I can feel comforted that it is part of an amazing thing.

Sometimes that is comforting. Not sure how comforting it is right now, when I am not feeling entirely well and it may be a condition that is with me for months... Each month we have tried, any time I have an upset stomach, I immediately felt like, "oh no, please don't let me be pregnant." Even though I actually DO want it. This time I actually am still welcoming the pregnancy, but I am a bit terrified. uhoh3.gif

Even after I worked through my birth trauma with DD, and I no longer felt afraid of pain and disfigurement, I still find the prospect of morning sickness daunting. 

Sorry for the long post. It helps to put this all down in writing, for some perspective. help.gif Thanks for listening, if you got this far.

Can't relate to being afraid of morning sickness but I have some fears around pain and disfigurement. I have a very large scar that runs vertically from my pubic bone to 3" above my bellybutton and I worry whether it will stretch enough, whether it will hurt etc. I've had two different Dr.s tell me that it should be fine... I get you though, that "Oh no, maybe I don't want to be pregnant, I'm not sure my body can do this". I wonder how much that is affecting my body subconsciously and its "willingness" to get pregnant.

I hope you get a breakthrough in dealing with this. The lack of control is certainly a fear I can relate to. hug2.gif

skeemama: I hope you get the BFP you're looking for. Dealing with a deadline, whether real or imaginary, is certainly stressful.

sweetmama: LOL!

lenny and porcelina: yes, when I'm waiting to O I feel much more zen than when I'm in 2WW and staying off the boards helps. Of course I've been pretty obsessed with being here lately...

Happy BD'ing everyone!

#18 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 11:10 AM

Anyalily - I typed a big response and it disappeared - UGH. I'm extremely phobic as well, but have developed coping skills to help me through. My phobia was truly disabling at one point in my life. It can still try to get there, but I refuse to let it run my life anymore! Message me sometime if you want to chat in more detail....

....and what am I missing here? Not sure what I said that was funny! confused.gif Maybe you're getting a kick out of my not knowing how to post my chart? smile.gif

#19 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 11:20 AM

StudyingStones, sorry to hear you have had similar struggles. Ironically, I now know it is not the throwing up that I am afraid of, it is the feeling of being nauseated and not knowing if it will improve or lead to throwing up, and the feeling of not being able to do anything while I feel like that. And, yes, I would consider medication if I was comfortable with the side effects and was unable to function without it. It seems like the side effects of antinausea meds are often a stomachache like indigestion or constipation. I will read about dialectin, (sp)?

Dakipode, I think that feeling can really influence things. I think my ambivalence in past months is why we didn't catch an egg. I looked back at my calendar and it seems like I have a 12 day luteal phase. And just 4.5 years ago, I got pg on the second try. I know my body can do this, it is my brain that has been holding me back. I hope you find peace about your worries with your scar. I would trust the doctors, and maybe start a daily oil massage now. Maybe it would help you loosen up both physically and emotionally.

Lenny, IKWYM! Hanging out hear increases the obsession for me too. But none of my friends want to hear about TTC. They all just had a baby, or are about to give birth, or really don't want a pregnancy right now (or ever.) And DH thinks I'm a little crazy. No one else TTC.

Porcelina, indeed, where are all the TTC ladies? Come on out, lurkers!

AFM, possible symptoms of the day. 1. My decaf was unappetizing, usually the highlight of my morning. 2. I went to the local drugstore to pick up HPTs so I can POAS in a few days, and got a birthday card for DH who turns 43 tomorrow. One of the cards made me choke up! I almost cried over a birthday card that said "I'm so glad your my dad." (I had to get one for DD to give him, too.)

So, I think I could be 7 DPO, based on the day we DTD and I had a little cramping right after. Do any of you test on 8 DPO? I was thinking of trying tomorrow on DH's bday. With DD, I didn't test positive until I was a few days late.

#20 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMama34 View Post

Anyalily - I typed a big response and it disappeared - UGH. I'm extremely phobic as well, but have developed coping skills to help me through. My phobia was truly disabling at one point in my life. It can still try to get there, but I refuse to let it run my life anymore! Message me sometime if you want to chat in more detail....

....and what am I missing here? Not sure what I said that was funny! confused.gif Maybe you're getting a kick out of my not knowing how to post my chart? smile.gif

I hate when that happens! I PMed you I would love to learn some more coping skills.

#21 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

I think I could be 7 DPO, based on the day we DTD and I had a little cramping right after. Do any of you test on 8 DPO? I was thinking of trying tomorrow on DH's bday. With DD, I didn't test positive until I was a few days late.

anylily - When I was TTC#1 I used to test at 8DPO all the time. When I finally got pregnant, I was still getting BFN at 12DPO and didn't get a BFP until 14DPO. So, that has kille my urge to test early! I've definitely seen ladies on MDC get BFPs at 9 and 10 DPO, but I figure since I know I'm not likely to get a BFP at that point even if I am positive, it's not worth stressing myself out with a BFN that likely isn't accurate anyways.

I sometimes have DH hide my HPTs though so I can't be tempted!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#22 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

I sometimes have DH hide my HPTs though so I can't be tempted!

That's a spectacular idea! I will have to do that.

#23 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 01:19 PM

Oh, no, I hope you didn't misinterpret, sweetmama, I certainly didn't mean to offend!

I was laughing at what you put in parentheses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMama34 View Post

Can you please move me to waiting to know? (And I hope I never have to post that again!)

#24 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 02:01 PM

Hey ladies, just a quick update.

I found out today that my husband has been cheating on me. This is not the first time, and I am officially done with him.

Mayday, please remove me from this thread. I wish all you ladies the best of luck.

Just me and DS.
#25 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 02:32 PM

Oh mama, I'm so sorry for what you must be going through right now. Hugs to you.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#26 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:

I found out today that my husband has been cheating on me. This is not the first time, and I am officially done with him.
Mayday, please remove me from this thread. I wish all you ladies the best of luck.

Oh, that is horrible! I wish you clarity and strength with your endings and beginnings.

#27 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 03:06 PM

Oh, StudyingStones, how awful! I hope you can find peace and strength when all is said and done in this matter. Sending my moral support.

#28 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 05:07 PM

Oh, StudyingStones, I'm so very sorry to hear that. Hoping you find the loving support you need during this time.

#29 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:

I am sorry to hear this news for you.  

Take a deep breath....let it out.  Repeat.

Sending you healing.

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#30 of 83 Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm in two week wait and I'll test Sept 2 if I can wait that long! Love the idea of husband hiding the tests. I go through waaay too many each month but hopefully this is my (and your ) month smile.gifjoy.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page