Gender Selection Support - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-19-2012, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! We are planning to start TTC #2 in a couple of months and I am hoping for a girl (though it goes without saying that another boy would be supremely welcome and adored). I recently read about the Calcium-Magnesium diet and BD timing for girls, but am feeling a little overwhelmed by it. I was wondering if anyone else is trying for a girl and would want to have a thread to discuss challenges and logistics!
#2 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Bumping for input. Anyone have an advice to offer?

#3 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 02:16 PM

Have you visited the in-gender forums?  There's a ton of wonderful information there. We did a lot of things to influence our 3rd conception, and most of my information was from there.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#4 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 04:27 PM

We are mildly trying to sway for a girl, though of course would love to have a boy as well. I am doing some supplements and have changed my diet a bit, but nothing radical like they do over on the in-gender forums! I'm happy to share ideas!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#5 of 9 Old 08-23-2012, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Monkey Keeper!

Porcelina - that sounds about like how I feel. I have been cutting way back on salt and trying to avoid too much potassium. I am also taking a Cal-Mag supplement. I started charting so I can have a good idea about timing. I think we will start trying in a couple of months (DH is almost on board with all of this).

What diet changes are you making?

#6 of 9 Old 08-23-2012, 07:11 PM

Hezzy, I increased calcium intake in my diet a lot. I don't like milk, but I do like cheese and yogurt. I was dairy free for a while with each of my little ones, as they were sensitive, so it has been challenging to phase so much back in, but I am getting used to it. I have been trying to eat yogurt for breakfast and have a lot of cheese throughout the day. And, I guess I am avoiding red meat, and not choosing to eat potato chips or potatoes. However, really only mild changes. I figure radical changes are not the direction I want to go in! I also only started these changes/supplements about 4-6 weeks ago,so it probably hasn't been long enough to make that much of a difference! And, for timing, last month I cut off at 3 days prior to O, and this month I moved to 2 days prior to O, but then I Od a day early, so I think we totally missed any sway that might come from timing! Here's to hoping those supplements help! :)

I actually got a BFP this morning at 11 DPO! It's so early I'm still a bit cautious, but hopefully this pregnancy will stick! I'll keep you updated!

#7 of 9 Old 08-24-2012, 06:53 AM

Congrats porcelina! Timing is SO hard for a girl. We swayed for a boy; much easier to hit the target :)  I really think, though, that the pH thing is where it's at when it comes to a sway...

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#8 of 9 Old 08-24-2012, 10:04 AM

Monkey Keeper - thanks! Yes, I agree the pH thing does have a lot to do with it, though I also didn't do anything drastic in that area (no douches here!!) apart from the supplements! But, as I said, we would be happy for a boy too, so it's all good. :)

#9 of 9 Old 09-10-2012, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats on your BFP Porcelina! I hope all is well.

Your regimen sounds about like mine. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your girl! But mostly for a healthy little one.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page