Charting - big temp dip? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-27-2012, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been charting for a few months TTC #2. I took my temp this morning, CD 13, and it was significantly low, 96.80. My temp yesterday was 97.26. I didn't have a blanket on and was chilly when I awoke. My question is, is this a normal dip before ovulation occurs? Did me getting cold before temp taking affect it that much? What happens if I was hot with a ton of blankets? Or if i didnt get a good rest? I don't know how my readings can be accurate at all! How do I do this?!
#2 of 3 Old 08-27-2012, 07:49 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. smile.gif It could be any number of things, and I try (sometimes unsuccessfully wink1.gif ) not to think too much about any single temp reading. You should still be able to catch the O using temps along with your other fertility signs. smile.gif

And welcome to MDC!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 3 Old 09-01-2012, 07:27 PM

I have often worried a lot about little things affecting temp changes, and that my chart would never come out right.

But even though I'm up all during the night with a little one, and don't take my temp right on waking, and lots of other no-nos, I end up with charts that show a clear ovulation day.  I'm not completely sure they're accurate enough, I'm just saying I break tons of rules and get good charts, so I wouldn't worry about your one chilly morning.

And no, your getting chilled doesn't really affect your BBT.  Mine never correlate with whether I feel hot or cold.

For me it helps to use software.  I like OvuView on my smartphone since it's right at hand but there are good ones online too, you might already know. 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page