September TWW Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 103 Old 09-13-2012, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

My 2nd beta came in today.  2 days ago it was 4 (at 13dpo)---worryingly low.  Today it's 14 (15dpo).  More than tripled in 48 hrs.  Still too low, but growing nicely.  Retest Monday to ensure it's still at least doubling. 

I'm choosing not to worry.  For now, it's growing at a great rate and the line is getting darker.

I am highly impressed that I had tests picking up such low values though!  That's kind of impressive!  Last night a digital came pack positive and I couldn't have been more than 10hcg. 

#62 of 103 Old 09-13-2012, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessChrissy View Post

Just wanted to jump in with a huge Congrats to aHikaru! That is a solid bfp!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyAC View Post

Congratulations aHikaru!  How long have you been trying?

joy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBabyMaker View Post

Congrats ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerCoasterMama View Post

Yes, sorry aHikaru...I was too excited to remember to say congratulations!  That's a beautiful line!!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuavaGirl View Post

Wow!  Congrats aHikaru!  That's a great looking BFP!  Congrats!

Thanks everyone! We've been trying 8 months (including the positive), my cycles were 35-40 days and it wasn't until this last cycle that I realized that my lp was 18-20 days, I waited until I was a little over a week late to test, which would explain the dark line. I got a dark line right away with my first. I haven't told DD yet, but at church today she did a craft in the "daycare" and when they asked her what she likes to do, she said "play with my sister"... I want a girl, so hopefully she is right :)

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#63 of 103 Old 09-13-2012, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

RCM - the number may not be big, but I think it's the fact that it's rising steadily is awesome!  Sending sticky vibes your way.  goodvibes.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#64 of 103 Old 09-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHikaru View Post

Thanks everyone! We've been trying 8 months (including the positive), my cycles were 35-40 days and it wasn't until this last cycle that I realized that my lp was 18-20 days, I waited until I was a little over a week late to test, which would explain the dark line. I got a dark line right away with my first. I haven't told DD yet, but at church today she did a craft in the "daycare" and when they asked her what she likes to do, she said "play with my sister"... I want a girl, so hopefully she is right :)

Have you ever been checked for PCOS?  I've always had 36 day cycles...before I was temping to conceive my son I thought I was irregular!  In process for this IVF cycle (carrying a second time for some friends), they did an ultrasound and the doctor asked me a couple of questions and told me I have PCOS.  Turns out 36+ day cycles are a classic symptom!  Carrying some extra weight, really difficult to lose, acne reactions to hormone shifts--all classic.  The hidden symptoms are some difficulty ovulating and the ultrasound, she said my ovary looked like the inside of a pomagranite!  Now that you're pregnant, it wouldn't be a factor, but it might be something to look into afterwards for long term health if it sounds familiar at all.

Just something to think about!  :)  And if you decide to try again some day, the information could save you some time and frustration. 

#65 of 103 Old 09-13-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:

Have you ever been checked for PCOS?  

yes, i got an ultrasound and bloodwork done 4 months ago and everything was good :) I'm pretty sure I was anovulatory the cycle after I had my chemical pregnancy (started AF 7 days late) in February, so that's why I went to the dr in April. I ended up inducing my cycle in January with Vitamin C to ensure I didn't have a late cycle (hubby is stationed out of state, so preg was impossible at the time), and I really think that helped clear everything out . As soon as we visited hubby in August I started taking primrose 2x a day until I was sure I was going to ovulate, then I started flaxseed oil and prenatals after ovulation. I was more focused on regulating my cycle then making a baby, that happened on it's own ;) 

good luck to all the ladies and hopefully my experience helps.

#66 of 103 Old 09-15-2012, 09:37 AM

Congrats to all those who got a BFP and babydust to all of us waiting!! We are in the 2ww wait right now, but I seem to have started with PMS symptoms on Wednesday almost a week early, which is bumming me out....I at least expected a week of being hopeful before pms set in....Our first 2 were conceived on the first try and number 3 was a surprise so this is new to me.  This was our second cycle trying.....I am trying to be hopeful and not worry about it till I actually get my period, but the cramping is kind of distracting me....I know I had cramping in my other pregnancies, but I am pretty sure it was a bit later....Oh well - babydust to all!

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

#67 of 103 Old 09-15-2012, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think I'm out.  BFN at 14 dpo.  I usually have a 14 day LP, so I expect AF to show up sometime tomorrow.  

I wonder why I would get cramping at 10 dpo though.  It totally made me think something was up.  I usually only get that the day my period starts.  (unless I hadn't been paying close enough attention before)  Who knows.

I was hoping the fertility of this 2ww thread would rub off on me.  I guess it doesn't work like that. ;)

Good luck ladies!

#68 of 103 Old 09-16-2012, 10:07 AM

I think I'm going to get the news that this will be a chemical pregnancy. I've been watching the lines get darker, but it peeked yesterday morning and has been fading. Third beta is tomorrow. I suspect if will be a very slight increase if at all.

As much as it sucks, I'm ready for the news...our betas were just so low. Miracles have happened, but they're pretty rare.

Guavagirl: I had cramping about the same time with my son, plus some brown spotting the day or two before I expected af. I fully gave up on the cycle, and grieved. Didn't see my temp fall the day I expected, and had my first ever bfp the next day! You're not out yet!
#69 of 103 Old 09-16-2012, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the info, Rollercoastermama.  I did start AF this morning right on time. (with the usual cramps)  I knew it was coming last night because of the slightly pink tinged CM (not full on spotting) last night before I went to sleep.  BUT! my temp didn't drop when I took it this morning, so there's something else to keep me hanging. ;)  I don't remember what is normal for me though, as this is my first month back to charting since my son was conceived.  I did read on the tcoyf forum that some women have their temp drop the day before, day of, or day after AF starts. What about you ladies?

I haven't been feeling well lately (starting the week before I even ovulated) and I think whatever is causing it, is also messing with my cycle.  I ovulated a full week late, and that only happens for me when I'm sick.  I'll be bummed if I'm not pregnant, but not completely devastated, because I feel like I need to figure out what is going on with me.  My doctor has been no help, so I need to see someone else.  I've been lightheaded, tired, dizzy when I lay down or bend over, headaches, and also depressed.  We found that my iron and vit. D was on the VERY low end of normal, but still within the normal range...but my doctor just told me that I'm probably just tired because I have a toddler and that she could write me a prescription for some anti-dizziness medication. irked.gif

Another weird thing about this cycle is that I never got a positive OPK.  I used the dollar tree brand.  When I had my son I used the CBE brand and would get 2 nice positives each cycle.  I'm pretty sure I ovulated though because of my temp shift and I had my usual good ewcm.  What do you think?  (on 2 days it's looks like I didn't use an OPK, but it's just not showing up on my chart when I enter the info for some reason.  I need to mention that bug to the tcoyf people)

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/GuavaGirl/charts/3.aspx     Select cycle 2 and then 3

#70 of 103 Old 09-16-2012, 11:11 AM

mirpmama:  I wouldn't get bummed out just yet.  Cramping around that time is often an implantation sign I believe.  Keep us posted!

#71 of 103 Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 AM

Thanks Guava girl - I did a little research on this the other day and was beginning to wonder myself.....I dont remember it with my other this early - but I certainly did not track and chart as much then either....we shall see! It feels exactly like PMS, just a whole week early for me.....

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

#72 of 103 Old 09-17-2012, 01:11 PM

Got beta #3 back.  It's barely up.  They expect the number to start going down by Friday.  I knew what they were going to say though.  I was holding out hope because that's what you do, but I've had a week to get used to where this was going.  Thanks for letting me brain dump and obsess with you all!  Best of luck to those still waiting!!!

#73 of 103 Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so sorry rollercoastermama.  hug2.gif  It's hard no matter how much you know logically it could happen.  I wish you healing and peace. 

GuavaGirl - I feel dizzy and get headaches when my allergies are acting up.  It's something about a connection between congestion and inflammation and the fluid in the inner ear getting messed up to cause the dizziness.  I hope you are feeling better soon.  I'm sorry AF showed up.  hug2.gif

#74 of 103 Old 09-18-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:

Got beta #3 back.  It's barely up.  They expect the number to start going down by Friday.  I knew what they were going to say though.  I was holding out hope because that's what you do, but I've had a week to get used to where this was going.  Thanks for letting me brain dump and obsess with you all!  Best of luck to those still waiting!!!

greensad.gif

#75 of 103 Old 09-18-2012, 03:13 PM

New to this thread. We just stopped avoiding conception (not officially TTC) this month. This could be pregnancy number 4.

I've literally felt like I was pregnant the day after potential conception (Sept. 5th.) - never felt that way so quickly with my other kiddos, but always knew at least a week before I got a bfp. I've had to slow down when exercising a bit, a tiny bit hungrier, loosening of joints. I have a somewhat bad back that I've been doing pretty good with it if I keep up with my pilates, but now it's bugging me more - going out of wack, which is something I remember happening when pregnant with my other kids. More trips to the bathroom. Have to wake up in the middle of the night every night. (not normal for me) and have insomnia often since then as well. Up for an hour or 2 in the middle of the night for no reason. (not stressing and not typical for me) I also feel like I've had some ligament pains in my abdomen already. I am so impatient to know one way or another, but I've had enough symptoms that I'm like, either I'm pregnant or something is wrong with me, LOL. I hope I don't have to wait much longer. I think I usually have a positive test within 2 days before and the day of expected period if I remember right. So, hopefully I'll know in a couple days. I've been testing, but nothing yet. Good thing there is such a thing as internet cheapies. If only I had this thing called patience... oh well. :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#76 of 103 Old 09-19-2012, 06:26 AM

Well, 2 faint positives today. Best wishes for all of you.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

#77 of 103 Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 AM

I'm still dragging along alternating hopeful and ready for the next try.

Going to get another FRER tonight to see if we can get more clarity.  Two more days until the next test.  I really expected the line to start fading by now.  If it's going to be chemical or blighted ovum, I just want to know, not drag it out another couple of weeks.  :( 

#78 of 103 Old 09-19-2012, 09:02 AM

I use the same tests as you. They are super sensitive as you may already know. If you already come up positive on less sensitive tests, try using those so they go back to negative faster if they are going to. I'm sorry you are going through this.

Quote:

I'm still dragging along alternating hopeful and ready for the next try.

Going to get another FRER tonight to see if we can get more clarity.  Two more days until the next test.  I really expected the line to start fading by now.  If it's going to be chemical or blighted ovum, I just want to know, not drag it out another couple of weeks.  :( 

#79 of 103 Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 AM

They're all pretty sensitive!  My first very faint positive was on an FRER and my HCG just a few hours later was only 4!  The digital came up positive the night before I had hcg levels of 14. 

#80 of 103 Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:

They're all pretty sensitive!  My first very faint positive was on an FRER and my HCG just a few hours later was only 4!  The digital came up positive the night before I had hcg levels of 14. 

Maybe this will help...http://fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html If this is right, there are some brands that do 40-50.

#81 of 103 Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

Maybe this will help...http://fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html If this is right, there are some brands that do 40-50.

I'm a fan of peeonastick.com!  :)  Similar charts.  Plus antecdotes about sensitivity.  Not sure I got to 40-50.  My last beta was only 28.

Oh well...I'll get a couple of FRERs and keep an eye on the lines.  It's more obvious if they're fading or darkening on those.  And they're consistent. 

It's only two more days.  Then we'll have the next piece of info that should give us a better idea of where things are heading.

#82 of 103 Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM

Per my last two cycles today is the day AF should have showed up but no signs yet. Could be tomorrow i guess, but if not who knows and i'm not feeling my usual day before crampiness. Haven't tested since way early bfn and I am out of tests. The commissary has been out of dollar tests and I didn't feel like driving across town to dollar tree or paying big bucks just to test frequently for pretty much no reason so I have been trying to be patient. Gonna go to the store and see if they have restocked and go from there. I just know as soon as I buy an expensive test AF will show up immediately after so I am going to try to resist the urge if they are still out of the cheapies. Haha. So silly. Really really desperate for this cycle to be the one since DH wont be here for the next opportunity and I know I would take that really really hard. Waiting with bated breath.

-Laura

wife of Ben

mommy to DS Dade 10/10/10 & DD Elloree 12/14/11

TTC #3

goorganic.jpg   h20homebirth.gif   saynovax.gif   homeschool.gif   blogging.jpg

#83 of 103 Old 09-19-2012, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

dayiscoming2006 - Congratulations!  You seem to be very aware of your body in a wonderful way.

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif  Happy and healthy 9 months!

Renaissance - fingersx.gif  Sounds promising!  Hang in there. You will know soon enough.

RCM - I'm sorry you are in limbo.  That is a very difficult place to be.  I really hope the news is good.

#84 of 103 Old 09-19-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyAC View Post

dayiscoming2006 - Congratulations!  You seem to be very aware of your body in a wonderful way.

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif  Happy and healthy 9 months!

Thanks! :)

#85 of 103 Old 09-21-2012, 04:51 AM

Can I join in?  I'm 7dpo today.  I've been TTC #5 for 6 months.  I'm nursing my 16 month old, but I'm having regular cycles.  I'm going on a "girl's weekend" this weekend, which will be a nice distraction and keep me from testing until at least Monday.  I'm an early tester...usually get BFPs at 9dpo but last time it took longer.  Good luck everyone!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#86 of 103 Old 09-21-2012, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome jr'smom and Good luck!

Here's some baby dust for everyone.  I think we could use a sprinkling.

dust.gif

#87 of 103 Old 09-23-2012, 05:45 PM

Thanks pokeyAC!

I got home from my trip this afternoon and even though I know it was stupid, I had to test right away (at 9dpo in the middle of the afternoon.)  Of course I got a negative.  I'm sure I'll test again tomorrow with FMU and every day until AF shows up.  I had nipple pain last night and was hoping that it was a sign, but we'll see. eyesroll.gif

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#88 of 103 Old 09-23-2012, 05:58 PM

Sorry...forgot to update here.  I got the results back from beta #4.  It's going down.  The doctor said it was to do with egg quality, but it was great that we got pregnant...my body was doing what it was supposed. to.  It was very disappointing, but we're planning the next try.  I know we'll get there.  Thanks for letting me obsess!  Good luck to all the rest of the TWW-ers!

#89 of 103 Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

I'm so sorry RCM.  It is good to get pregnant, but not being pregnant anymore is sad and disappointing.  I hope you are dong ok and that your body gets back on track soon.  hug2.gif

#90 of 103 Old 09-24-2012, 10:27 AM

Hi Ladies,   I was out a while ago because AF came (and the BFN's).  I'm just popping back in because it seems that my temps never went down when my period started. I took a break from temping while on my period because I temp vaginally, but today at CD9 my temp is still up and I'm also having what I would normally think are sharp O-pains, but it's no where near the normal time for them. I'm also very bloated today.  It's just all very weird and atypical.  Has anything like this happened to any of you?  I REALLY don't think I'm pregnant, but I suppose I'll get a dollar tree one to rule it out.

Chart:  http://www.tcoyf.com/members/GuavaGirl/charts/3.aspx   click on cyle 2 and then 3

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page