September TWW Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 103 Old 08-31-2012, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Feel free to post here and tell us where you are in your cycle and when you will test.  Then come back and let us celebrate your success or give you hugs and encouragement.

Good luck and dust.gif to all!  Let's make some spring babies!

HPT accuracy DPO 
10 dpo : 35% 
11 dpo : 51% 
12 dpo : 62% 
13 dpo : 68% 
14 dpo : 74% 
15 dpo : 80% 
16 dpo : 88% 
17 dpo : 92% 

18 dpo : 99%

Beautiful BFP's  pos.gif joy.gif

LisamommyRN pos.gif

CoBabyMaker pos.gif

AmandaLynnH pos.gif

RollerCoasterMama pos.gif candle.gif

aHikaru pos.gif

dayiscoming2006 pos.gifcandle.gif

jr'smom pos.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#2 of 103 Old 08-31-2012, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subbing. My tww won't start til the second week of Sept, but I'm excited to follow along with the rest of you in your journeys, until I can join in.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#3 of 103 Old 09-01-2012, 04:28 AM

Hi All,

I've been lurking since the beginning of August, but always shy about joining in. We just started TTC #3 this cycle. The first two came on the first month of trying... but I'm so anxious this time. I'm 5 DPO today, planning on testing... Thursday? (I was thinking Wednesday, but it's DS1's first day of kindy, so maybe I should focus on that...) Anyway, thanks already for just being here, it's so good to be in your company :)

L, happily married to E since 8/06, mommy to B 11/07 and J 2/10
#4 of 103 Old 09-05-2012, 02:48 PM

Lisa, we are ttc #3 as well. smile.gif

On our second cycle of trying after a cycle where we thought we had a surprise baby. Ended up just being a long cycle and got us talking about it and then deciding to go ahead and try. But the last two cycles have been long also so I don't know what is up with me. We have been having a bit of extra stress lately with DH's job (Army) and with some other stuff. So hopefully it is just that. Because of that my charting right now is a bit confusing. I believe my 2ww started on Mondayish. Heavy on the ish. Lol so we shall see. Trying not to agonize over it!

-Laura

wife of Ben

mommy to DS Dade 10/10/10 & DD Elloree 12/14/11

TTC #3

goorganic.jpg   h20homebirth.gif   saynovax.gif   homeschool.gif   blogging.jpg

#5 of 103 Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 PM

joining.

I've always had some pretty early bfps so I'll probably test a week from friday at 10 dpo. 

Good luck to those waiting and wanting heartbeat.gif

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#6 of 103 Old 09-05-2012, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm in!  We're TTC #2.  Our first one came after 4 or 5 months of trying. This is our first month trying and I'm 4dpo. (charting temps, CM, OPK's)  I really don't know when I'm going to test.  I've got several dollar store tests right now.  I almost want to start testing at 10dpo for curiosity sake, to see the earliest possible day that I can get a positive.  Shoot, maybe I should start sooner than that!  With my first pregnancy I just waited until 13 dpo to test but I've always wondered if I would have gotten positive if I tested sooner.  None of that really matters, but it's kind of fun.

#7 of 103 Old 09-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
We just started TTC #3 this cycle. The first two came on the first month of trying... but I'm so anxious this time.

We are in the same boat.  DD1 was the first cycle trying, DD2 was a surprise so I am not sure how I will handle if we aren't pregnant for a while.  Just trying to trust God that He will give our family the right little one at the right time. 

I *think* I am about 8 or 9 DPO but I'm not sure.  I had some cramping but I forgot to write down when it was.  I was charting but we went on vacation in August and I got out of the habit.  We were going to wait until November to try but decided now was fine.  I have already tested with dollar store tests because I am impatient but they are negative so far which isn't surprising.  I am going to wait until next Thursday to try again I think.  For now I am just over-analyzing every little thing that MIGHT be a symptom.  haha.

Lisamommy RN,  I hope you get a positive in the morning!

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#8 of 103 Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome.gif and dust.gif to all of the new folks!  May your TWW pass quickly and smoothly and have a happy result at the end.

#9 of 103 Old 09-06-2012, 01:40 PM

So I didn't a chance to test first thing this morning, but I couldn't wait til tomorrow morning, either. So I POAS'd this afternoon and.... inconclusive. Maybe faint line, maybe negative... so obviously I will have the FRER ready and waiting for the morning. (I've been able to maintain sanity these past 10 days because my oldest started K this week! What a great distraction!)

Thanks for the warm wishes! Sprinkles of babydust all around...

#10 of 103 Old 09-06-2012, 01:46 PM

Good Luck LisamommyRN!

Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm on the TWW now. FF told me that I was going to O on the 3rd, so we started to BD Aug 30th, 31st, Sept 1st and 2nd and then had a failed attempt on the 3rd (due to a very curious and impatient DD , who refused to be distracted by anything) and then again on the 4th. I really thought that I'd be Oing yesterday or today becuase my pre-DD cycles were closer to 30 days, but yesterday afternoon my CM started to dry up and it's definitely getting into the sticky range today.

I did have some EWCM on the 3rd and 4th, but not very much of it. So I hope I actually DID O, and that we caught the egg! I'll probably start testing mid-next week.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

#11 of 103 Old 09-06-2012, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I am subbing. I think I will have my first high temp in the next day or two. Do you all continue to DTD until you have had 3 high temps?

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#12 of 103 Old 09-07-2012, 04:04 AM

Cobabymaker, I'm turning everything into a symptom, too! Specifically, constant munchies, emotional lability, and fatigue. All could be PMS, or just lilfe, I know. But I'm missing my first pregnancy sign from each of my first two (swollen, tender BBs) so I feel the need to compensate.

Kitteh, it certainly sounds like your timing was on, I hope you catch that egg, too!

Anyalily, we did continue to BD after I got a +OPK one day and a temp rise the next day, but it was mostly for fun :). I think it depends on how sure you are of O'ing, and how "inconvenient" it might be to continue.

AFM, even with FMU, FRER was inconclusive again. Another faint line, so I'm cautiously optimistic. My plan is to test again monday, if AF doesn't come and I can wait that long! (oh, and I will not be drinking at a friends' bachellorette on Saturday, just in case.) I really don't know when to expect AF, because I have almost no expereince with my natural cycle.... I've been pregnant, breastfeeding, or on OCP for ever! So I'm not really sure when I'm late, just like I'm not really sure what PMS feels like... time will tell.

Peaceful waiting, girls!

#13 of 103 Old 09-07-2012, 07:41 AM

LisaMommyRN:  Why are you thinking that your faint 2nd line isn't a positive?

#14 of 103 Old 09-07-2012, 07:50 AM

I'm officially now on the 1ww. I'll be testing next Friday which I believe will make around 10DPO. 

We really weren't TTC, but now that I think there is a possibility it's crazy how much emotion and I have surrounding this hypothetical baby already. I keep telling myself that it's out of my hands at this point, but it's so hard to let go completely and have faith and patience. I've been stewing on how to tell DH if there is a #4. I was thinking of packing a lunch for him to take to work and wrapping up the FRER with brown paper and a bow and writing SURPRISE on the inside... is that totally hokey?

#15 of 103 Old 09-07-2012, 07:53 AM

LisaMommyRN Tell me more about why you think the FRER was inconclusive. Did the faint line show up in the time frame? Is it pink? Do you have a picture? duck.gif

#16 of 103 Old 09-07-2012, 08:22 AM

LisaMommy RN I want more info too!  I'd count a faint line.  And sorry, but what is OCP?  FMU?  FRER is first response test, right?

EchoSpiritWarrior, I think that's a cute way to tell him.  I think I am going to right DH  a note from the baby  and leave it on the mirror.  I am always up before him so it will be easy to do before hes in there. 

I am the worst. ever.  at waiting!  I have had an upset tummy since Wednesday night.  I tested again this morning and it was negative.  :(  It was just a dollar store test though so maybe I should go get a first response?  It's so hard not to dwell on it.  Maybe I should just wait until Sunday and test again with the  other dollar store test I have.  I am just impatient and I want to know.  I think I O'd between the 29th and 31st so that means I am between 7-10 DPO. 

Are you all planning to tell people in fun ways?  This is our third and probably last so I want to have fun with it. To tell our parents I am going to make some glass pendant necklaces. I will have a pendant with each of our daughters pictures.  For my mom (who loves scrabble)  I will also attach a scrabble tile for the letter B which is worth 3 points-so B3 for baby # three.  (Does that make sense? ) For DH's mom I will probably print out an ultrasound pic (generic from the internet) and use that for the baby's picture.

Ogeez, the kids are revolting,I better go

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#17 of 103 Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 AM

echospiritwarrior:  I know for me, that I would like to see my husband's face when I told him, and share that immediate first "oh my gosh!" feelings with him.  I'm more of the "run out of bathroom and tell" sort of person.  ;)  ...but now you've got me thinking about if I would do it differently.

#18 of 103 Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 AM

Guavagirl and Echospiritwarrior-  that's a good question. Whenever other women post "faint line" questions, I always feel that any line is positive. So why do I not count myself the same way? I don't know. I don't have any pictures, but I did have DH confirm that he sees a line too. It's a skinny, light pink line next to the control line. It showed up within the time frame. So I guess that's not negative, huh. But I don't feel pregnant. At least not like the first two times. But maybe I'm remembering weeks 6 and 7 or something, instead of week 4! Or maybe this one's a girl (I have two boys).

Cobabymaker- FMU- first morning urine, OCP- oral contraceptive pills ("the pill").

Since my husband is aware of the whole process in this case, and is counting the days with me, ours is more like a "come look at this stick I just peed on" situation. But for telling the wider world, I might get my two DSs to pose with the ultrasound photo or something cute, and email that around.

We'll see...

#19 of 103 Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
echospiritwarrior:  I know for me, that I would like to see my husband's face when I told him, and share that immediate first "oh my gosh!" feelings with him.  I'm more of the "run out of bathroom and tell" sort of person.  ;)  ...but now you've got me thinking about if I would do it differently.

Oh, I didn't think of that.  Yeah, that would make me sad.  if he's at work you can't hug and kiss and be together when he finds out.

#20 of 103 Old 09-07-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBabyMaker View Post

Oh, I didn't think of that.  Yeah, that would make me sad.  if he's at work you can't hug and kiss and be together when he finds out.

Haha, seeing as this would be the 4th w/in 8 years I think ducking duck.gif might more be in order if I told him in person wink1.gif Besides, I'm so curious as to what that lunchtime call or text will look/sound like. 

#21 of 103 Old 09-08-2012, 12:26 AM

LisamommyRN:  Yeah, I would say you're definitely pregnant, with a second line on multiple FRER's.  As you've probably heard before "a line is a line."  It would be completely stark white with just the control line if you were not pregnant.  Do you know how many dpo you are?  (not that it matters, but I'm just curious)  I think it's definitely hard for the reality to set it when you don't feel any different.  My friend who recently got pregnant was responding the same way to her pregnancy tests.   She just kept taking them and saying that maybe she was pregnant, and they were positive like yours, but she kept sort of not believing them.... even though, if it was any one else's test she would say "oh yeah, that's positive."  From my point of view I couldn't quite understand it.  Maybe others can relate?  Regardless, I think a "Congratulations!!!!"  is in order.  :)

#22 of 103 Old 09-08-2012, 06:01 AM

Guava girl, I'm coming to the same conclusion... This morning the line was even darker. It was DPO 10, 11, and today was 12. Each one was a little more obvious, so I guess I will say thanks to your congrats!

#23 of 103 Old 09-08-2012, 06:09 AM

oh congratulations!

#24 of 103 Old 09-08-2012, 08:33 AM

Congrats LisaMommyRN!!

#25 of 103 Old 09-08-2012, 09:11 AM

congrats! have you taken a digital?

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#26 of 103 Old 09-08-2012, 09:13 AM

Congrats!  How exciting!

#27 of 103 Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations LisamommyRN!  I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.  joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#28 of 103 Old 09-08-2012, 04:48 PM

Checking in to report a BFN again. I think its so funny, AF was suppose to come yesterday, but hadn't so I bought a pregnancy test. Sure enough the next pee I go to take it, there's blood on the toilet paper. I feel really crummy. I haven't felt this bad before, I don't think. It makes me so mad that I go through 2 weeks of "symptoms" then as soon as AF starts they all disappear. I guess what's most frustrating is that is has never been this hard for me. We've tried about 6 times and nothing. Different donors, different timing, etc, nothing. Ughh! I guess I just need my pity party for the night and figure out what the heck to do next. gloomy.gif

Working from home Mommy. You can too. Ask me how!joy.gif

me loveeyes.gif & she surf.gifpartners.gif  TTC one of these makebabe.gif Proud Mommy to two of these energy.gif

#29 of 103 Old 09-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiemombian View Post

Checking in to report a BFN again. I think its so funny, AF was suppose to come yesterday, but hadn't so I bought a pregnancy test. Sure enough the next pee I go to take it, there's blood on the toilet paper. I feel really crummy. I haven't felt this bad before, I don't think. It makes me so mad that I go through 2 weeks of "symptoms" then as soon as AF starts they all disappear. I guess what's most frustrating is that is has never been this hard for me. We've tried about 6 times and nothing. Different donors, different timing, etc, nothing. Ughh! I guess I just need my pity party for the night and figure out what the heck to do next. gloomy.gif

it's all right to vent :) ... all we can do is take it one day at a time. 

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#30 of 103 Old 09-08-2012, 07:58 PM

hugs hugs hugs hippiemombian

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page