Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Trying To Conceive (http://www.mothering.com/forum/178-trying-conceive/)
-   -   The One Thread for September 2th - 9th (http://www.mothering.com/forum/178-trying-conceive/1362168-one-thread-september-2th-9th.html)

anyalily 09-01-2012 10:32 PM


WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for Sept. 2 - 9

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

 

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

 

anyalily BFPChart2.gif

baby4makes6

bdavis912

dakipode
doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella  BFPChart2.gif

jaxxy

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

jr'smom

JustJenny

kimble

kitteh

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

maia.springgoddess

MyName

nattery

newtoTTC

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif

skeemama

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

sweetnatural

ThePeacefulMama

Tropicalfever

windsova

zebrapopcorn

 

 

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

 

A2E BFPChart2.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

BaileyB

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

cavertmmy

ciga

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

- Jenn -

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

lenny1027 BFPChart2.gif

librarygirl  BFPChart2.gif

lilgreenmama

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif     

livingsky BFPChart2.gif

mamainthemaking

Mz J

odinsmama

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

SandyLoam

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

wannabemomkt

 

 

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

 

AmandaLynnH

bloodofthefae

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif
 

aHikaru

Butterflymom

candyshells

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Lidamama84

LisaAdkins20

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
tinytina
CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

 

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

 (the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

 

heartbeat.gif August BFP's heartbeat.gif

LittleKind

magoodoggy BFPChart2.gif

SweetMama34

TwighlightJoy BFPChart2.gif 

 

heartbeat.gif July BFP's heartbeat.gif

nearlyelated

 


anyalily 09-01-2012 10:35 PM

Alright, I am going the new thread keeper! Please be patient with me as I learn the process. And don't forget to tell me when to move you!

 

Love and baby dust everyone. dust.gif


LittleKind 09-02-2012 06:16 AM

move me to August graduates please

Where is the May DDC thread?
Ladies, should I ask mu doc for blood work? My last 2 pregnancies I just went in to see heartbeats in 8 weeks

anyalily 09-02-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKind View Post

move me to August graduates please
Where is the May DDC thread?
Ladies, should I ask mu doc for blood work? My last 2 pregnancies I just went in to see heartbeats in 8 weeks

 

Done. Congrats, darlin'! I don't know about bloodwork. I think they only do that for people with a history of repeat miscarriages. Do you have a reason to be concerned? Some people just keep peeing on Wondfos and making sure it gets darker, and then there is measuring and growing. If you are on target, no worries!


kitteh 09-02-2012 02:32 PM

Congrats LittleKind!

 

I'm getting some small amounts of ewcm and my cervix is feeling higher and more open, whoot whoot. DH and I have been stocking up on the popsicles (to distract DD, lol) and have DTD for the past few nights as Practice ;)  I'm hoping that this is our month!


LittleKind 09-03-2012 12:23 PM

Thank you!!

I am so excited. I told my husband Saturday. I bought a Starbucks drink for him and wrote "babies' daddy" on the side where they sometimes write your name and waited for him to notice. We have a son, and my husband is a grammar fiend so he definitely noticed the plural "babies." His reaction was very cute.

 

I guess I won't ask for blood work. I didn't have any with my son. Last time I was pregnant, the midwives planned to see me at the end of my first trimester but I didn't make it that long before a miscarriage. That was my only one though and I'm told that means very little in terms of my fertility or having problems with this one, so I am going to forgo the blood work. I think it would be nice to reassure me, but I also know I wouldn't have thought of it if not for my miscarriage. I made a promise to myself that I will not waste my joy this pregnancy doing things out of fear. If I find later that I have some cause for concern then maybe I will.

 

Kitteh that is hilarious. My husband and I always joke, "I wonder if Dinosaur Train is on?" when we want some privacy. Sticking your child in front of mindless television doesn't count if its for romance, I think. Anyway, GOOD LUCK this month!


kitteh 09-03-2012 02:15 PM

LittleKind, as a fellow grammar fiend I absolutely adore your way of telling your DH!


anyalily 09-03-2012 10:53 PM

I am feeling hopeful about this cycle. We are just at the beginning of our BD window, I on't expect to O for a few days. Tonight is a night off (we are DTD every other night - low sperm count suspected) so I have been hanging out online and immersing myself in birth stories for the last few hours and I am feeling excited about experiencing one with hopefully fewer or no interventions. Had to do a lot of healing after my first labor and delivery. But reading birth stories is making me happy rather than stressed, which I take as a good sign.

 

DH went out and bought boxer shorts, without my even asking. I was touched. The man is European and seriously attached to his tighties. LOL. He wuvs me!

 

Sooo, other than being overweight and a little out of shape, I feel ready for this! Now our bodies have to cooperate and we'll be in business!

 

G'night mamas. Happy baby-making!


Quinalla 09-04-2012 06:05 AM

Please move me to Waiting to Know (2WW), FF has adjusted the day once already, but I definitely O'd last week. I hope the new date is accurate as it is better for BD timing! No early testing this time for me, going to wait until the day AF should arrive. I've been thinking about how DD will react to a little sibling, I think mostly positive but definitely with some jealousy.

Littlekind, congratulations! I love the use of grammar smile.gif

anyalily, how sweet of your DH! I'm glad you are enjoying reading birth stories, I've been doing that too. Good luck with your goal of minimal to no interventions. I had very few in my first labor (I think mostly because it was so fast, they didn't have time to do more than stick in an IV) and plan to go for less in this one as if I go fast again I see zero reason for an IV. But like last time I'm going to be open to interventions that make sense as most of them are there for a reason, just overused!

Stevi 09-04-2012 07:41 AM

I'm heading for ovulation! I started the donors up yesterday, and am really hoping for every day, though I will be okay with every other day. I also set my alarm so that I can get accurate temps, as right now my chart is all over the place! (I had a major fever the night of my HSG and into the next morning.)

 

Think Fertile Thoughts!


kitteh 09-04-2012 07:56 AM

Well, FF is telling me that I ovulated yesterday, based on a 28 day cycle. I'm not temping. My last cycle (and the only one I've had since Mirena removal) was only 28 days, but before DD I was closer to a 30 day cycle. I'm still getting EWCM this morning and I have a feeling that I still haven't Od so I think we're going to keep DTD through the end of this week, just in case.


anyalily 09-04-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

I'm heading for ovulation! I started the donors up yesterday, and am really hoping for every day, though I will be okay with every other day. I also set my alarm so that I can get accurate temps, as right now my chart is all over the place! (I had a major fever the night of my HSG and into the next morning.)

 

Think Fertile Thoughts!

Fingers crossed, Stevi!


anyalily 09-04-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteh View Post

Well, FF is telling me that I ovulated yesterday, based on a 28 day cycle. I'm not temping. My last cycle (and the only one I've had since Mirena removal) was only 28 days, but before DD I was closer to a 30 day cycle. I'm still getting EWCM this morning and I have a feeling that I still haven't Od so I think we're going to keep DTD through the end of this week, just in case.

Kitteh, let me know when you want me to move you, although it sounds like you could still be fertile with EWCM!


anyalily 09-04-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinalla View Post

Please move me to Waiting to Know (2WW), FF has adjusted the day once already, but I definitely O'd last week. I hope the new date is accurate as it is better for BD timing! No early testing this time for me, going to wait until the day AF should arrive. I've been thinking about how DD will react to a little sibling, I think mostly positive but definitely with some jealousy.
Littlekind, congratulations! I love the use of grammar smile.gif
anyalily, how sweet of your DH! I'm glad you are enjoying reading birth stories, I've been doing that too. Good luck with your goal of minimal to no interventions. I had very few in my first labor (I think mostly because it was so fast, they didn't have time to do more than stick in an IV) and plan to go for less in this one as if I go fast again I see zero reason for an IV. But like last time I'm going to be open to interventions that make sense as most of them are there for a reason, just overused!

Done. Happy 2WW!

 

The interventions I had were necessary, I just hope I don't need them this time. I hope for an uncomplicated L&D. praying.gif Well, first I'd like to conceive, kay Universe?


AmandaLynnH 09-04-2012 10:14 AM

I'm still not sure where I am so I guess I belong in the WTF is going on? category.

 

FF says I O'd 4 days ago thanks to elevated temps, even though I had three days of elevated temps closer to when I thought I O'd but it says my signs are inconsistent, which they totally are.  I had EWCM around when I thought I O'd and was turned on by basically everything at that point.  Then one day my temp was up, my CM dried up, and I wasn't really in the mood anymore.  Cervical position I'm still learning but I think it got higher and softer after I thought I O'd and now I think it's low and firm but I didn't check it around the time FF thinks I O'd as we were out of town.

 

As far as temps go, what do you do if you're really sensitive to changes in room temp?  I'm going to get an actual bbt thermometer soon as right now I'm just using a cheap digital one that's super old.  But I think my body really responds to changes in room temp.  My three highest temps were this weekend when the hotel room was warm (we couldn't find a happy medium with the ac on) and my lowest temp was one morning when I was freezing in the morning.  I know I need to be better about timing but I still don't want to wake up at 7 on the weekends just to temp.  I also don't want to wake DH up as though I'd be able to get back to sleep he probably wouldn't.

 

I don't feel like I'm pregnant.  Sore bbs went away a couple of days ago and last night I had a glass of wine and did that uterine massage thing someone else here posted.  I just want this cycle to be over and either find out I am preggo or get started on hopefully a more normal cycle next month.  I figured it would take some time but I hope my body adjust to being off bc sooner rather than later.


anyalily 09-04-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaLynnH View Post

 

FF says I O'd 4 days ago thanks to elevated temps, even though I had three days of elevated temps closer to when I thought I O'd but it says my signs are inconsistent, which they totally are.  I had EWCM around when I thought I O'd and was turned on by basically everything at that point.  Then one day my temp was up, my CM dried up, and I wasn't really in the mood anymore.  Cervical position I'm still learning but I think it got higher and softer after I thought I O'd and now I think it's low and firm but I didn't check it around the time FF thinks I O'd as we were out of town.

 

As far as temps go, what do you do if you're really sensitive to changes in room temp?  I'm going to get an actual bbt thermometer soon as right now I'm just using a cheap digital one that's super old.  But I think my body really responds to changes in room temp.  My three highest temps were this weekend when the hotel room was warm (we couldn't find a happy medium with the ac on) and my lowest temp was one morning when I was freezing in the morning.  I know I need to be better about timing but I still don't want to wake up at 7 on the weekends just to temp.  I also don't want to wake DH up as though I'd be able to get back to sleep he probably wouldn't.

 

I don't feel like I'm pregnant.  Sore bbs went away a couple of days ago and last night I had a glass of wine and did that uterine massage thing someone else here posted.  I just want this cycle to be over and either find out I am preggo or get started on hopefully a more normal cycle next month.  I figured it would take some time but I hope my body adjust to being off bc sooner rather than later.

 

I think sometimes Fertility Friend and similar online tools make it overly complicated. I suggest charting on paper for a cycle so you can learn to draw your own coverline. I charted for two years to prevent pregnancy, and all I did was temp, and it was very very clear when I ovulated. I think cervical position after you O is all over the board, not sure about that. Trust your body over FF.

 

I really liked Taking Charge of Your Fertilty. I read the entire thing and learned a to from it.

 

AFM, I never noticed a huge swing when I woke up feeling hot or cold. There was variation to be sure, but once I had that elevated temp and drew the coverline, I rarely dipped below it. My usual pre-O temps vary from 97.3 to 98.0 and my post-O are 98.3 to 98.6.


Stevi 09-04-2012 07:09 PM

Woohoo! Svelte showed up, so I got a BD in this evening. He wasn't the one I had scheduled for today, so I'm glad he was able to come over on short notice. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow, I'm tied up until the evening, and haven't really lined anybody up. Though I did hint to Svelte about a repeat for tomorrow, it wasn't actually planned.

 

Have a Reproductive Week!


anyalily 09-04-2012 09:05 PM

Yay, Stevi! Glad it worked out.


kitteh 09-04-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Kitteh, let me know when you want me to move you, although it sounds like you could still be fertile with EWCM!


Yeah, I had more EWCM today and actually saw a tiny bit in my underwear, whereas yesterday I only saw the EWCM when I did an internal check. So I'm pretty sure that my body has settled back into my 30 day cycle and I probably won't ovulate til Thursday. Still jumping on the excuse to jump DH every day ;)


Quinalla 09-05-2012 06:56 AM

My post was eaten! I'm going to focus on getting some stuff done around the house and finding a bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding and not worry too much about if I'm pregnant.

Stevi, so good to hear things went well!
anyalily, I hear you, hopefully the universe hears both of us on the conceiving front!
AmandaLynnH, don't worry too much until you get a BBT thermometer. You can't really get accurate readings from anything else. As far as room temp affecting your BBT, it usually doesn't too much unless there is some extreme temperature differences. If you don't like the idea of waking up to an alarm on the weekends to temp, you might experiment a bit and see if you need to. I can take my temp with some pretty big variances in the time as long as I have gotten good sleep. I can also get up and use the bathroom and take my temp on the toilet without getting much of a different reading, but I had to experiment to find that out. Some women can't hardly move without raising their BBT. Cervical position is really secondary, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Temps and CF are the big ones, but temps are really the only way to tell if you ovulated. If you haven't read TCOYF, definitely check it out from the library or pick up a copy. I do like FF, but without the TCOYF base, I wouldn't get as much out of it and be able to recognize when it is being a bit wonky.

dakipode 09-05-2012 10:25 AM

anyalily, thanks for the new thread. Can you please move me back to waiting to O? Thanks.

Good luck this week, everyone!


kitteh 09-05-2012 07:18 PM

Well, now the EWCM seems to be gone, but I'm getting lots of watery discharge when I check. But only internally, and I have to kind of push it out (sorry, TMI!) Also my cervix is still open, but seems firmer and slightly lower than it was a day or two ago.So I just don't know what to think. I wonder if my body is still adjusting from the Mirena that I had removed two months ago? Who knows if I'm even ovulating? I feel like I didn't have very much CM at all this cycle. I did get some EWCM on the 3rd and 4th, but very small quantities. I seem to remember having a lot more of it in the past.

 

Originally I decided not to temp, because I thought it might help me be more zen and less obsessed about this process. I figured that if I don't catch an egg after a few cycles then I'd start to temp. But now I'm feeling like the lack of  info to confirm an O is actually having the opposite effect and I'm thinking about it all more than I should be! LOL frustrating.

 

Don't mind me. Just over here, obsessing and venting.


TwilightJoy 09-05-2012 07:24 PM

kitteh- I'd say buy some OPKs if AF comes to help you pinpoint next month.

Stevi 09-05-2012 08:28 PM

Kitteh...   You can stay zen by just BDing every other day. That is what I would do if I had a hubby! lol


kitteh 09-05-2012 08:57 PM

We've been BDing up the Wazoo! August 30th, 31st, Sept 1st, and 2nd. Then DD totally refused to cooperate on the 3rd (the day that FF thinks I O'd, based on a 28 day cycle) but then we were back at it again on the 4th. Today we were going to BD, but we're both just exhausted from work schedules and life, so we haven't. Might try again tomorrow if I have any kind of promising CM in the morning. But I kind of feel like I either already ovulated, or won't this month at all.

 

I'm probably going to start testing in a week, just because I have a huge stash of cheap early detection tests that I bought last month. I'm TOTALLY failing at playing this whole TTC thing cool. DD was a bit of a WHOOPS baby, so this is my first go at actually PLANNING, and I'm already a basket case!


Quinalla 09-06-2012 06:28 AM

It can be so hard to be chill about it, but if you are BDing at least every other day, you are already doing what you need to do, but yeah I'm an information kind of gal so I like to chart just so I know when I O'd, even if the information doesn't really change my behavior, it helps me feel more in tune with what is going on. And I also like to see if I am ovulating after going off BC too so I don't get my hopes up if I'm not, but it can also be very disappointing to know you did O and timed BD well and still aren't pregnant. I remember my DH comment when TTC our first, something like "How do all these people get pregnant by accident? It seems so hard to get pregnant even when you are trying!" That's how I feel sometimes!

Stevi 09-06-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinalla View Post

 I remember my DH comment when TTC our first, something like "How do all these people get pregnant by accident? It seems so hard to get pregnant even when you are trying!" That's how I feel sometimes!

 

I was so angry the day I realised this! All those years of being so careful...


dakipode 09-06-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

 

I was so angry the day I realised this! All those years of being so careful...


Totally there with you Stevi!


JustJenny 09-06-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

 

I was so angry the day I realised this! All those years of being so careful...

 

Soooo this Stevi! What freakin waste! I felt so liberated 16 months ago when we decided to finally ttc. That has definitely been replaced by worry and frustration. 

 

 

BTW Hi there I'd like to join.  Anyalily can you put me in waiting to O, please.


anyalily 09-06-2012 01:05 PM

Welcome JustJenny!

 

Dakipode, I moved you.

 

Kitteh, it sounds to me like you either just O'd or are Oing now, if you had EWCM that is drying up and turning watery. I never got good at peak days since I learned FAM trying to prevent, not conceive... I would ignore cervical position if you are newish to it, because it is just sort of a secondary confirmation. It can sort of be all over the place and it is a relative description, high, low, medium, etc. I would proceed as if you are still fertile and you could even temp now just to see if you have high temps or low temps, which would indicate which part of your cycle you are in. I forget, have you ever temped? Do you have an idea of your pre-O and post-O temps? It may give you the little extra info you are craving.

 

AFM - I think I am Oing today, or at least gearing up. I think it is CD11, maybe 12. My calendar is at home. I am having MS and just sort of feelin' it. Temps are still low. I am loving having a little more info this cycle. At least I will know when to expect AF so I don't have to PO all my S's... I got my Wondfo's in the mail the other day, never tried them before. I am excited for the 2WW. My cousin and her partner just did their first IVF try this month and they are already in the 2WW. It would be so fun to be pregnant with them, but I am trying not to get my hopes too high.

 

Cheerio!



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 7.14%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.