First medicated cycle help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2012, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone my name is Lam.

My husband and I have been TTC for 15 months. We have both been tested and have been diagnosed with "unexplained infertility" . I am 28 and he is 29. I have hypothyroid and have been being treated for the last 5 years and its under control. The doctors could not find anything wrong with either one of us. I have regular cycles, always get + OPK and have a thermal shift. This is our first cycle with medication. Clomid 100mg day 3-7. on day 11 US: two follicles on the left. 20 and 24 (is 24 too big??) Some on the right but she didn't measure them because the all were under 10. I received the HCG trigger shot that day. On day 12 we did IUI after the wash their were 45 million with 86% motility. On day 13 I started progesterone suppositories, not because of a low level just because my RE says it will help prevent MC. Now I am on day 10 of the 2ww. I am sore and itchy down there. The nurse said it is from the progesterone and try to tuff it out. Has this happened to anyone else? Do our odds sound good? Anyone have any similar stories or advice? I hope this works because it was hard enough to get my husband to do it once. It was embarrassing to him that he had to go into the doctor's office and provide a sample while the nurse waited outside of the room. We live to far away for him to collect at home.

Thanks for listening, Lam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Hi Lam,

Those follicles and the timing and the count all sound good to me!  24 isn't too big when you're on Clomid.  They tend to get bigger than they would naturally.  I have been on a similar protocol.  There was a thread around here recently where someone was talking about being itchy from the progesterone and someone said that is not normal.  Could be be an allergic reaction or an infection perhaps?  I hope not, though.  It never makes me itchy or sore.  Maybe some of the other ladies have advice to share?

Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List