Pregnancy symptoms after a D&C? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had a D&C for a missed miscarriage 26 days ago exactly. A week ago I noticed some symptoms of fertility returning. I have to say I find it hard to chart or figure out symptoms based on cervical mucus alone because I've never had much of it but it's lessened and been harder to read as I got older. Anyway, it also seemed like my cervix was higher and more open a week ago and then having sex a few days later it seemed lower. 

I just got a new thermometer to try and start charting again with temps to figure out what's going on. (We are not avoiding pregnancy at this point.) I only have 2 morning temps out of the last 4 days but today it was 98.00 which seemed a little high. Four days ago it was 97.6. I thought maybe I was getting sick due to accidentally aspirating a little coconut oil on Saturday. Ugh how embarrassing. Anyway yesterday afternoon my temps were running low to mid 99's. Today it was mid to high 99's a definite rise in temp for me. I normally run a lower temp unless pregnant in part because I'm hypothyroid. So with my temps elevated I went to the Dr this afternoon fearing infection in my lungs. (Of course the in office temp was not elevated with the ear thermometer they used. But I used two separate thermometers at home.) But the Dr said my lungs sounded good and clear. He guessed it was a coincidence of timing and I might have something else viral going on. My daughter has a cough and my son has a stomach. I have neither of these symptoms.

The thing is I feel good. I don't feel feverish though occasionally I feel overheated. I wondered today if maybe just maybe I was actually post ovulatory but like I said I'm not confident in my previous symptoms. But this evening I took a bath and noticed my nipples looked darker. My husband noticed it too. Is it really possible for me to have darker nipples and post ovulatory afternoon temps in the 99's at a MAX of only a week out from ovulation? It's only been 10 days from first having sex after the D&C and only 7 from when I first noticed any cm, had a highish cervix and a higher libido leading me to think I might be ovulating. FWIW My nipples had returned to normal looking a couple of weeks before my D&C. I also took a home pregnancy test a week ago just to make sure the hcg had cleared my system and it was negative. A test tonight was negative. 

Sorry for the long rambly post. I'm bad about feeling like I need to get all the details out and with a question like this it won't be clear without details! 

#2 of 2 Old 09-04-2012, 04:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

First *hugs* mama.

I also had a D&C for a missed (turned incomplete) miscarriage. I had my period band on 28 days after that and then was pregnant with my DS1 that very next cycle. So I would say it is possible to go straight back to being fertile in these circumstances. I would wait another week and then test again if you don't get AF.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page