Mothering Forum banner

Am I pregnant?

8K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  MrsRoss 
#1 ·

I need help , I took 2 pregnancy tests(first response early) yesterday and today I got two lines but one line is lighter than the other now i am confused would you be able to tell me if it's a positive or negative?

Also My OPK's showing positive since 3 days????

Picture attached

Thanks,

See less See more
#5 ·
its lighter because the concentration of your HCG is a little less concentrated. Did you go to the bathroom a bit earlier or early to take the test?

The dark line is the control, it doesnt need the HCG to turn pink, just fluid......the other line MUST have the pregnancy hormone present to change, no matter how faint. If you where not producing that hormone you would not see a second line.

Congrats!!!

#8 ·
Sometimes OPK's show positive when you are pregnant. I don't think you need to keep taking OPK's. Save your money. You're pregnant. A line is a line is a line. They only need to be the same on OPK's. It doesn't matter on pregnancy tests. Congratulations!

#10 ·
The lines only have to be the same or darker if it's an OPK. On a pregnancy test, any second line is a positive. It does not have to be as dark as or darker than the control line. If you look on the box the pregnancy test comes in, it will say any line means it's positive. The picture you have above is of a positive test.

#13 ·
Q: What do I do if the result is positive (pregnant)?
A: A positive (pregnant) test result shows that the pregnancy hormone (hCG) was detected. You should see your doctor to confirm that you are pregnant. Because this test detects very low levels of hCG, some women may test positive even if they are not pregnant. For example, a study of women aged 41-55 showed that 4 out of every 100 women tested positive even though they were not pregnant. Such "false positive" results in women in this age group are generally due to a hormone called pituitary hCG.

#16 ·
Why do you think you are ovulating right now?

Because of your positive OPK? You are most likely pregnant. Sometimes when women who are pregnant use an OPK, it shows up as positive.

Any second line on that pregnancy test you took, no matter how light it is, means it is definitely positive.

#18 ·
It's far more likely you're pregnant than you having a hormone problem. 4 out of 100 means 96 out of 100 chance it is a positive. That's exactly what my test looked like with my son, and he is indeed right here in front of me to prove it. Not sure why you're arguing against everyone telling you you're pregnant.

CONGRATS!

#19 ·
VERY often an OPK will show positive when you are pregnant because the chemical used to test for the pregnancy hormones AND the ovulation hormones are nearly identical. The extra little something in the pregnancy test make ONLY the pregnancy hormones show up as where an OPK will show positive for both the ovulation hormones as well as pregnancy hormones. What you are seeing is COMPLETELY normal in a normal pregnancy.

#20 ·
i did a test and not until about 5 mins later i saw the faintest red line more faint than urss then i had it confirmed tht i was indeed pregnant my son is now 5 im experiencing somthing now thts similar to what i hav b4 i did 4 tests all came out with very faint lines one of which was a digital "PREGNANT' MEANS NOTHING TO ME CUZ THE MORE U GO THE MORE U READ AND IVE SEEN WOMEN TAKE THE EXACT CLEAR BLUE DIGITAL AND IT WAS A FALSE POSITIVE :(( THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO TAKE A BLOOD TEST BECAUSE A POSITIVE DIGITAL TEST WONT BE ENOUGH TAKE IT FROM ME!!!! I HAVE TO SCHEDULE AN APT MYSELF TO DO A BLOOD TEST

#21 ·
Your test looks exactly like my two tests with my last ds who is 19 months old now. It's completely fine for one line to be fainter. But I understand your worry! Tentative congratulations!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.