NEED HELP !! :(TTC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So my last period was on August 28 and lasted three days. Im not the type to have a consistant 28 day cycle but an online ovulation tracker told me it would be about september 11 . So on the 10th me and my husband had unprotected sex in hope to catch ovulation. It is now the 12th and i checked my cervix just being curious and it seems pretty low and firm like a 'nose" i guess you could say. Could this mean that i havent even ovulated yet or that i hit ovulation? We have been trying for sooo long :( i am emotionally worn out and really need advice.

#2 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 08:43 AM

from what I've read about cervix positioning is that it can change in a matter of minutes, so that makes it not the best way to determine ovulation.

Mama to DD(4) energy.gif&  DS baby.gif

#3 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 08:55 AM

Hi, I suggest charting your temperature and looking for cervical mucus in addition to position. I would not take the word of an online period tracker unless you already know that you typically have 28-day cycles and ovulate on exactly day 14.

When I was TTC my first, I had slightly irregular cycles, but not too irregular--it varied by just a few days. But my ovulation window was always closer to day 20 than day 14. I didn't realize this until I got consistent about charting and I was like, "ooohhhh!"

Now, even though I'm not charting, I can always tell exactly when I'm ovulating--it gets easier to tell (or it did for me anyway) after years of practice. I think every woman should learn to chart whether she's TTC or not, because it's a really useful tool to give you insight into what's going on with your body. It puts the power in your hands.

Good luck!
#4 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

It will be easier to know when you have tracked for several months and when you are tracking multiple things.  One month isn't enough.  Usually the cervix is high, soft and open when you are fertile.  It closes up and gets harder after you ovulate.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#5 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Read: Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  You'll wish you would have read it sooner.  It will help you understand how to chart your temperatures, interpret your cervical fluid, and opk's. I personally don't bother with checking cervical position, but I know many do.  All of this info will really help you be more informed on timing if you want to get pregnant.  It will probably take a lot of the mystery and frustration out of it for you.  Unfortunately those online ovulation calculators are not really going to help.

Link:  http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Fertility-Anniversary-Edition/dp/0060881909

Best wishes!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page