Symptoms or wishful thinking? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-12-2012, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was told a few years back I couldn't have children so imagine mine and my other half's surprise that after I was admitted to hospital with severe abdominal pains we find out I'm pregnant!! Unfortunately it was an ectopic and I had my left tube removed . We were devastated but tried to see it as at least we know we can. We''ve been ttc for about a month and nothing yet.
I've been having slight pain in my breasts, some back pain that feels like an achey pulse and some pains in my stomach that range from a small sharp pain to a dull pulse but hpt's are negative. I was wondering if anyone had similar experiences early in pregnancy, any advice on conceiving or if this is either wishful thinking or just from the surgery. Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I'm sorry for your loss.  It certainly seems possible that you could be pregnant.  I would get a second opinion on that not able to have children diagnosis.  It appears they were wrong.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 3 Old 09-12-2012, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It's so hard to say at this point.  Do you know how many days past ovulation you are?

If you haven't already, I would recommend reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"  It will teach all about charting so that you can be informed about your cycles, which is amazingly helpful when you're serious about getting pregnant.

Good Luck!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page