Some Advice Needed... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DH and I aren't actively trying to conceive, but I wasn't sure where else to ask this. I've been having a few odd things happen and I was hoping someone could give me some advice.

I have a 14 month old son who I still breastfeed quiet regularly (about 4-5 times a day) and I started to get my periods back when he was around 8 weeks old. Since then they have been very regular with no spotting in between. This cycle, DH and I were really careless about protection and I had unprotected sex quite a bit. I don't keep track of where I am in my cycle, so I'm not sure when I ovulated.

For the past 3 days I've had some strange discharge. It started off with 3 bright red drops and turned into more of a brown spotting. Along with this I've also been having a lower back ache and hot flashes at night which I also had when I was pregnant with my son. Also, when I'm nursing him, my nipples are pretty sensitive. They aren't sore though...it's hard to describe lol :) My breasts seem a little fuller, and I noticed I'm producing A LOT more milk all of a sudden...like it keeps squirting in my little guy's face lol :)

I think I'm still at least another week or so away  from my period, but I NEVER get spotting. My periods always start with extremely bad cramps, and a very heavy flow right from the beginning.

I guess I'm wondering if you guys think these could be signs of pregancy or if it could maybe have something to do with the breastfeeding? I would be thrilled to be pregnant again, as would my husband! :)

Cecillia | 22 | Love Jesus | Happily Married | WTT #2: 2015

Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Gentle Parenting crunchy momma to an unvaxxed intact sweet boy.

novaxnocirc.gif goorganic.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 PM

I never had any of the symptoms you describe solely from extended breastfeeding (DD and I are still going at 23 months). I've had some spotting at one time or another, but I'm on a hormonal birth control so I chalked it up to that. The full breasts thing could have something to do with your supply; has your nursing schedule changed at all lately?

I think the only thing you can really do is wait and see! wink1.gif Waiting to take that test can be nerve-wracking, but it's the only way you'll know for sure. Good luck!

Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, vegetarian, working mama treehugger.gif to DD shamrocksmile.gif (10/2010) and wife to a wonderful, opinionated DH Cuss.gif. We loveteapot2.GIF knit.gifreading.gif  trekkie.gif and ourdog2.gif.

#3 of 3 Old 09-13-2012, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for responding! His nursing schedule hasn't changed at all, but like I edited in my post, I all of a sudden (today) started to produce a lot more milk. It was squirting in my son's face when he was just nursing and he had trouble keeping up lol :)

Cecillia | 22 | Love Jesus | Happily Married | WTT #2: 2015

Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Gentle Parenting crunchy momma to an unvaxxed intact sweet boy.

novaxnocirc.gif goorganic.jpg

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page