tracking fertility while nursing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-16-2012, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

I have a 15-month-old nursling and no sign of af yet. However, we'd really like to start trying for a second baby. I'm don't plan to wean her, but want to take steps on my part as she starts eating more solids (still working hard on that!)

It took 2 years of ttc to conceive our dd, (I had PCOS and other issues), with the last 6 months of ttc being aggressively trying. At the end, dd was conceived naturally. I relied on checking cervical position to determine when I'd ovulate.

I read about charting while still breastfeeding. But most talk about charting cervical mucus. When I was tracking my fertility previously, I could not use this method because I had very little CM during ovulation, nothing like the egg-white consistency. We used Preseed (I got pregnant twice in 3 months after absolutely nothing in 2 years... lost the first though).

So, I am wondering what's the best way to go about this? I would love to hear other mamas' experiences, what helped them conceive while nursing... 

Thanks for reading!!

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

pregnant with my daughter while I was still (almost exclusively) breastfeeding my son. Now I am trying to get pregnant again. My DD is 3, but she's still breastfeeding. I got pregnant with my daughter in the first cycle, and am now in the second trying-to-conceive cycle with #3.

I use the natural family planning method, meaning I track temperature and cervical mucus. Sometimes I will use the cervical position as well.

Please fill out my "MDC Forum Influence on Breastfeeding Attitude" Survey! Thanks!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8VM3H6F

Old 09-16-2012, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"? It's SUPER helpful! It goes into detail about charting your temp, cm, and cervical position, and I would really really recommend it :) DH and I used that when ttc our son and I'll be using it again starting next cycle if I don't get my BFP this time :)

Cecillia | 22 | Love Jesus | Happily Married | WTT #2: 2015

Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Gentle Parenting crunchy momma to an unvaxxed intact sweet boy.

novaxnocirc.gif goorganic.jpg

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List