The ONE Thread for September 16-23 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

14 DPO. Still above the coverline. Still no AF. Still BFN. I expect her today unless... I looked back and I see I didn't get a BFP with DD until 16-17 DPO.

Fingers crossed!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#32 of 50 Old 09-20-2012, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck, anyalily! I'm only 6dpo and had a 4-day LP last cycle. I'm hoping for a longer LP this time (I've been taking B6 and other vitamins) and a BFP. So nervewracking!

Peggy: full-time shift-working mama to Kiddo (Nov|04) and Babygirl (May|11). Fiancée to Babe. Step-mom to Tween, my bonus daughter (Sep|00). Currently TTC - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3c1739

#33 of 50 Old 09-20-2012, 01:35 PM

Thanks Tashia!

Tests last night and this morning were both BFN. With DS I tested positive on the day before AF was due but with DD I didn't test positive till AF was a whole week late. So... I have a bit of hope still.

-Laura

wife of Ben

mommy to DS Dade 10/10/10 & DD Elloree 12/14/11

TTC #3

goorganic.jpg   h20homebirth.gif   saynovax.gif   homeschool.gif   blogging.jpg

#34 of 50 Old 09-20-2012, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

I am waffling. I am a waffle. Right now I feel like I am going to get AF any second. Slightly crampy, watery discharge. But then again, I remember feeling this way the day I found out I was pregnant last time! And last night, I had a nicest, most pregnant feeling wash over me, sort of a humming in my womb and a peaceful feeling. I want that!

I think I stress so much about conceiving each month because if I don't conceive it is another opportunity for me to decide to take time off to lose weight and get healthier. But I don't want to wait! And I don't seem capable of dieting and TTC, because I get emotional and I am emotional eater. 

Any one else feel a little depressed when TTC? What do you all do to take care of yourself in general? I am trying to learn self-care that doesn't involve food, alcohol and shopping. ;)

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#35 of 50 Old 09-20-2012, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

And... I'm out. bawling.gif

This is the first month of trying that I have felt really sad.

I hope for some good news from one of you soon. Kitteh? Its the 20th!

#36 of 50 Old 09-20-2012, 03:23 PM

I'm so sorry Anyalily! hug2.gif

I'm still waiting. No AF, spotting stopped a few days ago and was never heavy enough that I considered it to be a period, but maybe it was? I have no idea. My bbs are sore and I have a heavy, bloaty feeling low in my abdomen, and I'm TIRED. But who knows if any of that means anything.

I ordered 25 wondfos online and instead they sent 40 ovulation predictors! So maybe that is the Universe's way of telling me that I have another month of TTC? I guess those OPKs will come in handy if last weeks spotting is the only AF I see this month (plus I paid a lot less than they are actually worth! Joke's on you, Universe.) I have no idea when I'd count as CD1 though. On CD25 I only saw the blood due to a cervical check, and then in the days after that it was so sporadic that I have no idea when I'd be ovulating based on that.

So I guess I'll go out and get some tests and check tomorrow morning and if I get a bfn I guess I'll bust out the OPKs and start using those? I have to read up on that stuff, though, because I have no idea how to use them. Maybe I'll pick up a thermometer too and start temping.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#37 of 50 Old 09-20-2012, 09:42 PM

I'm so sorry, anya. greensad.gif

Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

#38 of 50 Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 AM

Anyalilyhug2.gif So sorry it didn't happen this cycle....

Kitteh- Confusing! Still Hoping it was spotting and you get a bfp....

AFM- CD 16 and still no ovulation. I had a chemical loss 2 cycles ago and have yet to ovulate since then. I hope hope hope I will ovulate this cycle. I've been taking Maca for a month now and my CM is the best I've had ever had. So I'm still very positive about this month.  I bought off brand opk's and they suck. I got several duds this cycle so I've run out. I chart too and usually have a large temp dip and haven't had that yet. So we'll just keep bding!

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#39 of 50 Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 AM

BFN this morning on cycle day 32 of what I believe to be a 30 day cycle.

If that spotting last week was AF, then is it too late to start temping this cycle? I would be at cd8 now. I don't want to miss the next ovulation because I'm waiting for the witch.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#40 of 50 Old 09-21-2012, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteh View Post

BFN this morning on cycle day 32 of what I believe to be a 30 day cycle.
If that spotting last week was AF, then is it too late to start temping this cycle? I would be at cd8 now. I don't want to miss the next ovulation because I'm waiting for the witch.

It is not too late to temp! That could help clear things up. If you are having lower temps, you will be pre-O and if they are higher it could be another sign that you did somehow conceive. Funny about the OPKs...

I am feeling better today. It feels cleansing to be bleeding, and I have a luxurious day at home by myself, all day! I work out of the home and so I have't had a day to myself in a very long time. I cleaned a little, played guitar, now I am drinking rootbeer and catching up on TV. I am working on this self-care thing!

I also started taking St John's Wort. I know it isn't supposed to be good for TTC and pregnancy, but I am not conceiving anyway and if I can kick this mild depression and lose a few pounds, I will have a better pregnancy when it finally happens. I may just take a small dose for the first half of my cycle. If anyone knows of any good resources about SJW when TTC, or other natural, gentle mood enhancers, please let me know.

#41 of 50 Old 09-21-2012, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

SweetMama and Jenny, thanks for the good wishes! It really helps to have a community here.

#42 of 50 Old 09-21-2012, 06:40 PM

Anyalily- I am so sorry for you. I know how you feel. I am so depressed when we are TTC. Because I will think about getting pregnant, and I will read things into 'would-be' symptoms and then when it doesn't happen i feel like a failure. The only think that I found to help me is to go on a long walk. By myself, just clearing my head. And I think you are right- stressing so much about ttc might actually be preventing it. 

I try not to think about it - even though that is impossible. But to make myself feel better and stay out of the depressed zone, I stopped watching things like 'I didn't know I was pregnant' and all other shows that involve pregnant women and babies. I think it helps. 

AFM- still no privacy here. I don't know if it will happen this cycle....

#43 of 50 Old 09-22-2012, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Sorry for not being around in a few weeks everyone!

We went visiting for a couple of weeks and than my in-laws visited but its more than that me and my fiancee have been fighting (counseling appt scheduled for Tuesday). Holding out hope that will help.

Feeling stressed, anxious, and depressed about everything-- not just TTC which has been very difficult but also not working (no job right now). Stress over money issues. 

Trying to get organized with school work and our wedding too.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#44 of 50 Old 09-22-2012, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post

Sorry for not being around in a few weeks everyone!

We went visiting for a couple of weeks and than my in-laws visited but its more than that me and my fiancee have been fighting (counseling appt scheduled for Tuesday). Holding out hope that will help.

Feeling stressed, anxious, and depressed about everything-- not just TTC which has been very difficult but also not working (no job right now). Stress over money issues. 

Trying to get organized with school work and our wedding too.

I hope things calm down for you! Welcome back.

#45 of 50 Old 09-22-2012, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

New post is up! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1364047/the-one-thread-for-september-23-29

#46 of 50 Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM

Finally! A BFP this morning! All of the symptoms were really. EDD is June 5th. Now to start the midwife search.
#47 of 50 Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackBug View Post

Finally! A BFP this morning! All of the symptoms were really. EDD is June 5th. Now to start the midwife search.

Yay! Congrats! Want me to graduate you?

#48 of 50 Old 09-24-2012, 11:23 PM

CONGRATS LittleBlackBug!  Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy and birth  joy.gif

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#49 of 50 Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 PM

Thank you all! And yes, please feel free to move me, Anyalily! Thank you!
#50 of 50 Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 PM

And the donor hunt begins... I feel like Elmer Fudd!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page