Anyone here TTC after 35? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone here looking to C after 35? Hoping to start TTC in December for a September baby. This will be #3 for me and my hubby's #1. We both would love to have a girl (mine are boys). I'm 37 but will be 28 when TTC. Previous 2 pregnancies & deliveries were great! No issues of any kind. Now I'm a bit older and just wanted to see if I can connect with anyone my own age that is looking to reproduce in the next year.

#2 of 14 Old 09-18-2012, 03:39 PM

I am 38 and currently trying for #2.  I had my daughter at 35, and a miscarriage at 37.  So far 4 months of nothing.  I feel like the odds are against us!  Maybe you should give up your exact dates and start trying now.  It took me 3 months for my first, and a year for the second pregnancy that I lost.  At our age we have a 25% chance of getting pregnant each month and a 20-25% chance of miscarriage.  Good luck!

#3 of 14 Old 09-19-2012, 08:49 AM

37 here TTC #2, hubby is turning the big 40 in a couple of months.  It does weigh on my mind.  It took six months with our four-year-old, but I attribute a lot of that to being on the pill for so long...

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#4 of 14 Old 09-19-2012, 10:39 AM

37 and ttc #1. We've been trying for 16 months with only one bfp leading to a chemical loss.  But I have hormonal issues so really can't say if its only due to age.  Probably lots of different factors.  Welcome to MDC admingirl.  Glad your here  orngbiggrin.gif

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#5 of 14 Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 PM

I'm 36 and we've been TTC for #2 for 16 months.  After several friends had devastating miscarriages, I tried to approach it as deliberate but relaxed.  I am finally making my efforts much more scientific, BBT charting (useless), and now OPKs.  I also went to a different OB to get guidance, and we will be testing DH since my cycle is fairly regular.  This is my first month using the kit, and I got my first positive tonight (yay!).  Now, I am wondering how best to approach the next couple of days. 

Keep your fingers crossed!  Hopefully DH won't have to get tested!

Sara

karabooboo likes this.
#6 of 14 Old 09-22-2012, 12:32 PM

Welcome saralee101.  They say it's the 48 hours after the positive OPK that you are most fertile.  I read Taking Charge of Your Fertility, and it said that the positive test indicates your body is getting ready to release an egg in the next 3 days.  So it doesn't actually tell you when the egg is released, so you should try to try every other day.  Good luck.

I have been using OPK for awhile now, and this is the first month that I never had a positive.  I tested from day 9 to 16 now, and nothing.  We are still making our attempts, but I don't know what that means.  I have had a cold, so maybe my body is taking care of my cold instead of releasing an egg???  Confusing.

#7 of 14 Old 09-23-2012, 07:20 PM

We are on the verge of TTC #3 but not there just yet. I am glad I started charting again because I have felt out of sorts over the last few cycles. This month I O'd so late in my cycle. Starting to wonder if my lp has shrunk as I have aged. I know I will be really frustrated and sad if it does not happen or takes longer than I want it to.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#8 of 14 Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM

I am 43 and been using OPK tests.  I got my first positive this morning.  I also had my annual GYN appointment today and doctor confirmed I was showing appropriate Ovulating CM.

I plan on arranging a midwife this week to do a ICI.  That would probably be mid-October and I can only hope that my first try will be successful!!  If not, I will keep trying for up to 5-6 cycles.

This is so exciting for me - I am 43, single, no kids and can be a stay at home mom.

Has anyone had multiple ICIs or MCs?

belly.gif(my avatar is a photo of me) 43 and single. Fur mom of  dog2.gifand dog2.gif, Fibromyalgia  ribbonpurple.gif.

#9 of 14 Old 09-24-2012, 05:30 PM

Good luck! 

belly.gif(my avatar is a photo of me) 43 and single. Fur mom of  dog2.gifand dog2.gif, Fibromyalgia  ribbonpurple.gif.

#10 of 14 Old 09-24-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karabooboo View Post

Good luck! 

Meant good luck to Saralee101!!!

#11 of 14 Old 09-24-2012, 06:13 PM

Hey jjclifton, I also stopped taking my antihistamine (Claritin) after I heard that it can affect CM.  I appear to have more this cycle than previous ones, so who knows!

#12 of 14 Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 PM

I did ovulate on day 18, which is very late for me on a 30 day cycle, so I don't know if that makes successful conceiving this month even possible.  

karabooboo, is this your first time trying ICI?  I hope it goes well and you have success without having to try for 6 cycles.  Good luck!

And saralee101 I like that you said charting is useless.  I did it religiously for 3 months.  Took it to my provider and she said it made no sense whatsoever, so I should try OPK.  A wasted 3 months!  It might have been off because I am a mouth breather.

#13 of 14 Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclifton View Post

I did ovulate on day 18, which is very late for me on a 30 day cycle, so I don't know if that makes successful conceiving this month even possible.  

karabooboo, is this your first time trying ICI?  I hope it goes well and you have success without having to try for 6 cycles.  Good luck!

And saralee101 I like that you said charting is useless.  I did it religiously for 3 months.  Took it to my provider and she said it made no sense whatsoever, so I should try OPK.  A wasted 3 months!  It might have been off because I am a mouth breather.

Hi, JJ!

Yes this is my first procedure.  I have decided to do IUI and through a midwife.  I have read so many posts about people having to do IUI 6-12 times then have to switch to IVF.  It's so confusing - all the info about odds etc.   Like if IUI has success rate of 10 per ct is that for couples who have been trying on their own for a year (and are infertile)?  What about people like me-who have not been trying but just don't have a LTR? Confusing!  Well, I do meet with a Fertility Dr tomorrow to go over my Day 3 blood tests.  And tomorrow I pay for my donor vials.

I'll be back soon since I'm sure I'll have more questions!!

Night, all!

#14 of 14 Old 10-01-2012, 05:35 AM

Thanks for the good wishes, karabooboo!  Good luck yourself!

jjclifton - I thought I would try charting, but my BBT was the same for 29 straight days.  I gave up at that point.

Good news (hopefully) - I was supposed to start yesterday but did not.  Took a test this morning but no positive - hoping it's not one of my wacky cycle months.  I'm hoping I am and can give DH a wonderful gift for his birthday on Thursday.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Sara

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page