Trying to wait patiently for "Day 1" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-21-2012, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husb. and I have been TTC since the beginning of the year.  Today, I am 4 days late for my AF, and while I have been fairly regular the past several months, I understand that late happens sometimes.  I have taken a few HPTs (I have the Waldo ones, which I order from Amazon.com), most recently this AM, all BFN.  I have always been fairly fertile (2 children from a prev. marriage & former egg donor), but my husb. has no children and a low/normal SC.  So each month we have been trying, so far without any results.  Of course the first two times I was pregnant, I wasn't keeping track of my cycles or ovulation or anything, and as I recall it was all so easy.  I don't know which is worse, the BFN or waiting for "Day 1".  I have a Dr appointment on Nov 5th, and plan to talk with him more about any ideas/suggestions he may have.  The last chemical BC I was on was Depo (Sept '11), which supposedly wore off in December.  My AF resumed her monthly visits in Jan, so I assume I am fertile.  I am hoping we will eventually be successful and we can proceed with our plans, including a homebirth.  My second was born at home, and having done "the hospital thing" with my first...well...let's just say NEVER AGAIN...at least not unless there are complications.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 PM

Best of luck!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Finally "day one" arrived... 7 days late. I have to say in all my reading, one of the frustrating things was hearing stories, but never knowing the outcome, so I figured I would settle mine. Thx!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCinCT View Post

Finally "day one" arrived... 7 days late. I have to say in all my reading, one of the frustrating things was hearing stories, but never knowing the outcome, so I figured I would settle mine. Thx!

Good luck on your journey.  Those days when you're just waiting and waiting for some answer, *any* answer, are truly the hardest test of my patience!

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List