Postives are not getting darker yet... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-23-2012, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wanted to know how long it usually takes for the tests to get darker. I'm really nervous. I'm using dollar tree and wondfo tests. The dollar tree came up super faint the day before yesterday and a little darker the next day. My wondfos got darker at first and are not getting darker anymore for the past couple days, but I took one last night with SUPER diluted urine and was able to see a line still. And the lines was as dark as FMU this morning. Don't know if that matters, but I had read that wondfos don't ever get really dark? I remember getting darker tests with my other kids, but maybe it was the brand?

The Dollar Tree test I took this morning was only faint again. :-/ I wish DH hadn't said anything on facebook yet because I have a bad feeling. :(
We have never had a loss and I hope this won't be one, but I guess we'll see.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#2 of 12 Old 09-23-2012, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

And I don't have insurance or money for quantitative blood tests. Wish I did because that would allow me to know one way or another. I don't like not knowing. I think I'll go buy another brand of test with less sensitivity to see if I can make it show up too. That would at least let me know if it had gotten to that level.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

#3 of 12 Old 09-23-2012, 06:14 AM

Any planned parenthood or pregnancy crisis center could do a test for you at a reduced cost to verify that you are pregnant. They could also direct you to low cost or help with the cost of prenatal care.

Hcg doubles every 48 hours so at first those numbers are slow to grow. I think I would keep testing for the next few days with FMU and see what happens. A different brand might be good, too, just to see the line.

Good luck and congrats!

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#4 of 12 Old 09-23-2012, 08:09 AM

I'd go buy an answer or an frer. I've had zero luck watching strips get darker. 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#5 of 12 Old 09-23-2012, 11:20 AM

Have you ever charted? If you take your temperatures you can see that you are still pregnant. When you are pregnant your BBT stays high.

#6 of 12 Old 09-23-2012, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone.

I haven't charted, but I do have an elevated from normal temperature. I know pretty close to where my temp stays majority of the time. I'll buy some other tests tomorrow. Maybe I just caught things early with those strips and therefore things just haven't gotten darker yet because of that? I guess I'll know soon enough.

#7 of 12 Old 09-24-2012, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

So, I think my normal is around 97.0-97.2  (BBT) from doing that before when not pregnant. I had a temp of 98 BBT this morning. So, how do I know if things are looking bad? Does the temp just start dropping to pre-pregnancy temp?

I tried the dollar store and Wondfo strips again this morning and they are both light. I'll go out and buy answer brand today I think. I remember getting a good solid positive on that kind with my first. Thanks.

#8 of 12 Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 AM

It will drop back down to the low 70s if you start to miscarry. But really do yourself a favor and stop testing. Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. I'd even caution you from temping everyday. It can become obsessive, and sometimes you might get one random lower temp and then you'll start obsessing more. Stress isn't good for baby.
dayiscoming2006 likes this.
#9 of 12 Old 09-25-2012, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

My temp was still 98 today.

I had bought Answer tests in a 3 pack yesterday to try to calm any nerves. Well, I took one right away mid-day. It turned up a light-medium colored positive. It was a nice line so,  I felt a bit better. I took another today with FMU thinking it would be at least a hint darker because of being more concentrated and it was actually light which kind of worried me again. So, I found this thread http://community.babycenter.com/post/a17310985/hpt_test_lines_getting_lighter...what?cpg=2&csi=2075094279&pd=1 and it showed a woman who had First response tests that did that and then later that same day it was a nice line again. The thread showed a woman that got lighter postives with FMU than later in the day and I think I have the same thing happening because I took a wondfo later and it came out with a decent colored line and had taken one with the Answer test earlier and it was light like that test. So, apparently that's what it is. I just thought to put this so, if anyone stumbles on this thread wondering about a similar thing. Anyway, I feel better and will do my best to stay relaxed. 

#10 of 12 Old 09-26-2012, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Still temping at around 98 every morning, but had some very light, red spotting and cramps that are mild, but annoying. :-/ Hope it isn't anything, but I don't know. My potential midwife suggested implantation bleeding, but isn't that supposed to happen before the positive tests? I see her tomorrow for a first consult.

#11 of 12 Old 09-27-2012, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Still have a 98 temp. But, my answer test this morning was almost negative and the strip test was a very faint positive and I started a light flow. So, pretty sure that is a loss.

#12 of 12 Old 09-27-2012, 06:03 AM

so sorry day is coming :( lots of hugs! 

DD1 7 1/2 years DS1 3 1/2 years And DS2   7/18/13

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page