TTC While Nursing- OCTOBER! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 149 Old 10-23-2012, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidKissTrees View Post

So sad... just went to the bathroom and theres light pink in my cm greensad.gif  i think AF is coming.  which means my LP was too short at just 9 days... 

EDIT:  just searched online and found that 9dpo is a really common time for implantation bleeding.  but im soo crampy. so im not holding my breath... plus this is the day i originally thought i should get my period.  CD29... I was shocked when I O'd a whole week later than my old cycle use to be... SO... im cautiously optimistic that we may have had a successful fertilization and just hoping for a successful implant.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you!  I have a light period with my 2nd pregnancy; lots of implantation bleeding!  Keep us updated :-)

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 149 Old 10-23-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post

MyKidKissTrees- Please don't move me to Successes yet. I'm very nervous still and I think I'm just going to stay here until I'm a little farther along and feeling less worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post

AngelKissedKids- I was the exact same! Every single month I would doubt myself and decide to postpone TTC again and decide I should wait until DS is older, then I would ovulate (crazy hormones!) and decide I want a baby right now. Lol. Honestly, I think it's normal to always doubt TTC and wonder whether it's the right time. I remember doing that when I was TTC my first so I think it has less to do with worrying about milk supply, older nurslings, etc. It just seems to be normal to be slightly doubtful and worried.

Are you feeling a tiny bit more positive yet, MyName?

Thanks for the reassurance I'm not the only one with doubts!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#93 of 149 Old 10-23-2012, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So good to know :)  Thanks ladies!  So, I feel kind of weird about taking their time, because they are already so overbooked in this state with so few of them...  I think I have an idea of who I might use though.  

DD1 7 1/2 years DS1 3 1/2 years And DS2   7/18/13
#94 of 149 Old 10-23-2012, 06:08 PM

Trying to be hopeful but I got this today at 9dpo.  I am going to test again tomorrow with FMU.  If this is it we caught the first PP egg which is seriously amazing.  http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n362/jenchesla/photo2.jpg

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#95 of 149 Old 10-23-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonhrt88 View Post

Angelkissedkids, I think in general, women (including myself) hold themselves accountable for any reason things don't go perfectly. So when you doubt TTC while thinking about that sometimes it's too much or too early, you forget about how great a gift your giving your family smile.gif
I have a question for all of you. I have not had my first pp period. I have however, had a clear cycle of ewcm, tacky, creamy and wet cm since about May. This month i have taken 5 tests, 2 slightly positive, but they were the clear blue plus signs kind, and I have got false positives before. I don't know why I keep buying them!
I then got one defective, and two frer negatives. I was really bummed, because I tested through a period of two weeks so I was sure I was on the way to a bfp. I still have the same symptoms, backaches, cramps, headaches and smelling issues! Because of the negative tests, I've been telling myself its all in my head and trying to forget about it. Now.....( tmi ) I am changing my underwear throughout the day, because I'm getting so. Much. Cm.
I am sure it's not from intercourse, a good 3-4 days has gone by.
I'm so frustrated, because I feel like my body is on a roller coaster. DS has definitely decreased nursing, but man, I don't know anymore. I' feel like this was so much easier the first time around greensad.gif
I really need to either get a period soon, or be pregnant! I'm going insane!

Thanks for the reassurance, Blonhrt88.  I totally agree that another child is the greatest gift we can give our family.  We decided long ago that more siblings is more important than more milk.

That must be so frustrating to get false +ves.  I've never had that happen before so I don't have any advice but it sounds like you should avoid using that brand!  It definitely sounds like your body is working hard to bring on ovulation.  Hoping a BFP or AF will arrive soon :-)

#96 of 149 Old 10-23-2012, 06:13 PM

Wow, jen&james, I can definitely see the faint positive!  Keep us updated!!!

I'm not 100% sure when I O'd (I don't temp or use OPKs) but based on a 29 day cycle and expecting AF to arrive on Oct 28th, I'm 9DPO today.  I plan to start testing tomorrow but I'm guessing I won't really get an accurate result until the weekend.  Maybe I'll be lucky like you and have my own faint positive tomorrow :-)

#97 of 149 Old 10-23-2012, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Its a lot heavier now gloomy.gif 

Hopefully this cycle I will O closer to CD 14 instead of CD 20.  

#98 of 149 Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

I see it Jen&James!!!!!  YOOOHOO!!!joy.gif

Wow, we are all 9DPO today!!!  Crazy!!!  Well, I guess Im CD 1 now.

#99 of 149 Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKissedKids View Post

I totally agree that another child is the greatest gift we can give our family.  We decided long ago that more siblings is more important than more milk.

This is a totally interesting, valid and positive perspective.  Makes me think twice about not wanting to adjust the nursing frequency at all in order to TTC.  My LO has one nursing session in the afternoon that she wouldn't miss, but I've been hesitant to drop it.  Thanks for posting that! 

DD 19 mos. 

#100 of 149 Old 10-23-2012, 09:46 PM

I guess I'm ready to be moved. I'm nervous even typing this because I don't want to jinx myself, but I can't pretend I'm hanging out in the TWW forever. redface.gif

Breastfeeding, Cloth-Diapering, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing Mama to a Sweet Little Boy slingboy.gif

#101 of 149 Old 10-24-2012, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

UGH.  DH is laying on the guilt because I was so upset with my 8 day LP this cycle when I told him it was probably because of DS's CONSTANT (think 6 month old, not 22 month old) nursing.  He cant figure out WHY another baby matters more that the needs of the one I have now.  And the truth is that I HATE nursing.  Hate, hate, hate it.  And I've only done it because I know its really good for him.  And since Im being honest... I want another baby now, in large part, so my milk will dry up and I can stop nursing him guilty.gif 

Im starting a schedule for nursing.  Because I just cannot stand to nurse on demand anymore.  Its really making me resent DS and hate my life.  Anyone else weaning to conceive?  I have a REALLY hard time being touched and my son still nurses once an hour when we are home.  Any attempt to distract receives a complete and total nuclear meltdown, but I'm so miserable with him I just dont know what else to do then cut back. I tried today.  Woke at 10, nursed both sides.  Breakfast, then he started asking to nurse again around noon.  I said no, 5 minute long melt down.  Then he asked for more food, he basically snacked non-stop until 2 when I offered him, HE said NO!  We read a book instead and he finally at around 2:40-3 and fell asleep... still sleeping now.  Im thinking I will offer him food when he wakes up.  And offer nursing again maybe as a before dinner snack?  Or after dinner before bed time.  And then once while he's sleeping (but no more perma-sucking all night long--- that literally makes me unstable).

this all just sucks.  i was SO jealous when my super lactivists baby (same age) weaned at like 10 months. She was devastated.  I was wishing it was me! guilty.gif

#102 of 149 Old 10-24-2012, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

MyName you have been added to SUCCESS!!!  YAY!!!  Congrats Mama!!  Keep us posted on how you're doing joy.gif

#103 of 149 Old 10-24-2012, 05:12 PM

Mykidskisstrees- hugs to you. I have been there smile.gif

I am lucky enough to only have a few weeks at most of that kind of behavior with my now 17 month old...for example he JUST cut his one year molars. After the trauma is over, we are back to normal. For example, last night he slept through the night and I reminded myself that (that) is why I keep nursing on demand, because it always does get better smile.gif

I hear you though, when you say you need limits. I myself and slowly teaching my DS limits at night and in other ways too. I think if you keep your child's needs in mind and proceed slowly and gently, you are doing the best you can! I always remind moms that breastfeeding is a two person relationship, both parties have to be on the same page, mom as much as baby!

PLUS, oh my god! You breastfed for 22 months! Congrats on that alone. It's true the benefits will continue if you continue nursing, but you have done such an amazing job so far, please don't discredit yourself!

On another note, I need advice! I don't know if everyone read my last post, but as weird as this sounds, today I lost (tmi!) gobs of egg white, true egg white, cm. I also wore heals and a dress to the playground, like...what is wrong with me? Haha. Anyway, I'm feeling the urge to dtd and have a weird, deep instinct that I am ovulating. I'm hoping tonight or the next couple of days is really it! I'd it weird that I'm like, in the mood to conceive? And I really feel like it could happen....even though I haven't had a period in 9+almost 18 months.

Maybe I'm crazy smile.gif

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#104 of 149 Old 10-24-2012, 05:46 PM

MyKids, I echo what Blonhrt said re nursing. Have you considered gently night -weaning? I know I stopped resenting nursing DD1 so much during the day when she wasn't doing it at night anymore. I also hear you about not enjoying nursing. I mean I enjoy the relationship, but not the actual physical sensation. But the are times when it's worse and times when it's better, yk? Hugs!

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#105 of 149 Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidKissTrees View Post

I see it Jen&James!!!!!  YOOOHOO!!!joy.gif

Wow, we are all 9DPO today!!!  Crazy!!!  Well, I guess Im CD 1 now.

so sorry to hear Mykidskisstrees :(  I am seriously in shock that we caught the first egg.  I am holding my breath a bit and haven't told DH since I want to make sure it is getting darker and sticking.  My tests this morning didn't look any darker, well the IC was a bit darker I guess.  I am just waiting it out.  I had a chemical PG once where the line didn't get any darker then disappeared and AF started so I don't feel excited or anything yet.

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#106 of 149 Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

thanks guys! smile.gif today I nursed him at 10 when he woke up, then at 2 when he went down for a nap.  when he woke up, he didnt even MENTION nursing... he didnt nurse again until 9pm and then again at 11pm and he fell asleep :)  that probably sounds normal, but thats outrageously few nursies for DS.  Im so excited.  We even moved his mattress into his sisters room to see if being farther away from me might help him sleep long and not permasuckle all night long!

hopefully it will also help my prolactin go down and ill be able to get a longer LP.

Does anyone have any experience with short LP from nursing?  How long did it take to lengthen?  How often was LO nursing?  

#107 of 149 Old 10-24-2012, 10:14 PM

hi there.

im jumping in feet first :) im 23 mth PP still nursing my boy/girl twins twice a day. i got my first PPAF in early Sept. it was only 1 day long and i didnt chart orreally think anything of it. then I got AF again, much to my surprise, on Oct 1 which was 27 days after the last time!! im not regular and never have been, so it was a shock. it took 8.5 yrs and IVF to conceive the twins and we dont have the option to do IVF again so TTC #4 (our last one) will have to be all natual. i have a weird schedule since the twins dont always get up at the same time so my chart is alittle wacky but given teh positive OPK adn the other signsat the same time, plus my temps, I am certain that I am 7 DPO. i also have a 12 yr old daughter who was a BCP baby. we also had some male factor issues too so its a long shot. but hey, we got pg on the pill the first time so its possible right?

#108 of 149 Old 10-25-2012, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter

welcome marques!!  23 month old twins!  wow!  i hope you will have great success with number 4!!  dust.gif i will put you in the TWW!

#109 of 149 Old 10-25-2012, 07:18 AM

thank  you. my plan is to wean them by their 2nd birthday, which is like 3 wks away. but theyve been nursing twice a day it seems like forever. sleeping thru the night is going fine for girlie, she sleeps thru the night 99% of the time. my buddy though, he likes 2 am, or 5am. he's a night waker 70% of the time. and he gets hysterical if he cant nurse, so night weaning is something i dread and have no idea how to accomplish. they throw cups if offered before 7am. weird i know, but they do :)

i was very suprised to get AF back. and even more suprised to ovulate on my own. its amazing to me that it happened. it would be even more amazing if we got pregnant the first try (or at all, considering our history)

#110 of 149 Old 10-25-2012, 12:33 PM

Hi all - 6DPO today and this is the highest temp I've had PP. I have a good feeling about this cycle! Of course I may just be fooling myself, but DS started petting my stomach last night, which was really odd for him. Do you think that little kids know?

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#111 of 149 Old 10-25-2012, 04:28 PM

Um, what is the likelihood of a false bfp on a frer? Anyone have this happen? Ive not had it happen with then new/improved ones.
Or a pink evap line? When it was wet i could barely see it, tried tk take pics but the flash washed out the line. Dry its obviously got 2 lines. Dont want to
Get my hopes up
#112 of 149 Old 10-25-2012, 05:47 PM

I hope its ok to post these. i am really wigging out right now. the likelyhood that the frer was a bogus bfp went out the window when the answer brand test was positive too. the frer is harder to see the but the answer brand isnt.

#113 of 149 Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 PM

Congrats! That's super faint but super real! I can clearly see your second line smile.gif

How many dpo are those?

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#114 of 149 Old 10-25-2012, 07:18 PM

8dpo
#115 of 149 Old 10-26-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonhrt88 View Post

On another note, I need advice! I don't know if everyone read my last post, but as weird as this sounds, today I lost (tmi!) gobs of egg white, true egg white, cm. I also wore heals and a dress to the playground, like...what is wrong with me? Haha. Anyway, I'm feeling the urge to dtd and have a weird, deep instinct that I am ovulating. I'm hoping tonight or the next couple of days is really it! I'd it weird that I'm like, in the mood to conceive? And I really feel like it could happen....even though I haven't had a period in 9+almost 18 months.
Maybe I'm crazy smile.gif

That's exactly what my body was doing (and telling me to do!) just before I got my AF back at 17 months pp.  Keep us updated!

#116 of 149 Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 AM

Congrats to everyone with faint positives!  Please keep us updated.  Hoping they get darker by the day!

As for me, I'm out.  AF arrived with a vengeance.  I never used to have much cramps with AF but after each baby they seem to get worse.  Anyone else experience that?  Makes me want to get pregnant just so I don't have to go through another month of cramping!  MyKidKissTrees, can you move me to Waiting to Ovulate?  DD19mos, 3PPAF

#117 of 149 Old 10-26-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyB3 View Post

This is a totally interesting, valid and positive perspective.  Makes me think twice about not wanting to adjust the nursing frequency at all in order to TTC.  My LO has one nursing session in the afternoon that she wouldn't miss, but I've been hesitant to drop it.  Thanks for posting that! 

Just thought I should add to my statement "I totally agree that another child is the greatest gift we can give our family.  We decided long ago that more siblings is more important than more milk" by saying that in no way am I minimizing the importance of nursing.  It's a beautiful relationship and I personally have a minimum goal of 18 months of full milk, so absolutely no TTC before then (my LOs tend not to really begin to eat solids until 14 m/o).  Of course, every woman has a different minimum goal.  And sometimes, life happens despite our best intentions :-)  I certainly would never judge anyone else for the choice to TTC before then!  Anyway, I just thought I should state that I realize that nursing is about a lot more than milk.

AudreyB3, it's definitely a tough choice to cut back.  I'm thankful that I didn't have to cut back and that PPAF arrived at 17 mos, right before my goal to start TTC when my DD turned 18 m/o.  Good luck :-)

#118 of 149 Old 10-26-2012, 09:01 AM

Please add me to 2WW

I have a 4yo DD and 21m DS who is still nursing about 5x a day, but not lengthy nursings, just snacks :)

My 1st PPAF came on Aug 30, then a 36 day cycle, with my next period on Oct 5.  I don't know if that's my normal.  I have only had 5 periods in the past 5 years, due to pregnancies/nursing.  I expected to ovulate earlier this week, but have been having very confusing symptoms.  Sex drive, then EWCM, then creamy CM, then ovulation cramps (?) for the past two days.  Today I have horrible cramps and dizziness.  Idk what's going on, I don't remember O feeling this strong in the past.  Anyway, we did have sex early this week, so I suppose egg could be meeting sperm...

According to my last cycle, I should start around Nov 8th, so I'll no doubt test around Nov. 2nd because I have no patience.

I'm glad to wait with you, ladies.  No one in my in-person life wants to talk about my sex life/CM and share theirs.

Gotta love TTC boards!

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  homebirth.jpgintactlact.gif
#119 of 149 Old 10-26-2012, 09:22 AM

sad face :( tests today are the same or lighter, although i was up til 2 and peed a ton this morning. im not testing again til tomorrow or saturday. i went ahead and had my doc draw a beta hcg and progesterone. of course i wont know those results until mon or tues, which is pure torture. i hope its not a chemical and that its just too early and i am expecting too much from my tiny bundle in there :) i upped my flintstones from 1 to 2 and made a follow up for OB referral. I hope i am not jinxing myself.

#120 of 149 Old 10-26-2012, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

YAY!!!!  marques!!  this is wonderful and amazing :)  so excited for you!!!joy.gif

Edit: I should really refresh before posting!!! I hope the betas&prog look good :) keep us posted!

working on updates now!  

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page