The "One" Thread for Sept. 30 - Oct. 7 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
 
anyalily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

SweetMama, wow! Sticky vibes to you, for sure. I am so excited for you!

 

About the bugs... they don't live in the bedding, they live somewhere nearby. One thing you can do it put white sheets on and look around for blood spots. They also have little glue traps. It is common for only one person to be bothered by them... Some people don't react and get noticeable bites, and sometimes they just seem to prefer someone. Get rid of them now, so you don't have to deal with it with a new baby! Oh, and they only move around at night, so you could turn the lights on late at night and go hunting.


Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
anyalily is offline  
#32 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 11:05 AM
 
SweetMama34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

SweetMama, wow! Sticky vibes to you, for sure. I am so excited for you!

 

About the bugs... they don't live in the bedding, they live somewhere nearby. One thing you can do it put white sheets on and look around for blood spots. They also have little glue traps. It is common for only one person to be bothered by them... Some people don't react and get noticeable bites, and sometimes they just seem to prefer someone. Get rid of them now, so you don't have to deal with it with a new baby! Oh, and they only move around at night, so you could turn the lights on late at night and go hunting.

Thanks for the tips...but oh my goodness...this is all sounding really horrifying.


Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

SweetMama34 is offline  
#33 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 AM
 
kitteh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OMG, we're going through a bedbug scare right now too!

 

When we first moved in here we met our (very... strange) neighbor Billy, who drinks about a case of PBR a day and chain smokes. He's a good guy with a good heart, I think, but to be quite honest, I really wish he wasn't our neighbor. Well, he informed us early on that he had bed bugs and started to complain about how he'd had a REALLY bad infestation at his last apartment. I got the impression that he though it was his apt manager's fault. He moved here maybe 6 months before we did, so I asked if he'd gotten professional treatment or had gotten new furniture when he moved in and he said no to both. He didn't seem to understand that if his old apt wasn't treated and he moved his furniture here, then HE brought the bugs with him. He also complained that his bedroom here had gotten so bad that he had to move to his couch, and now they were biting him there too. Everything I've read about bed bugs says that if you leave the bed and sleep elsewhere to avoid being bitten, you'll only make the problem WORSE and spread the bugs over more of the house, because some of those little monsters WILL come looking for you.

 

He also adores DD and tries to give her little gifts like stuffed animals and whatnot on a pretty regular basis. I always throw them out right away and never let her touch them, or even let them in our place. But he can't walk and uses a scooter to get around, and he likes to give DD rides on it (on his lap.) I try not to let him, but he has done it once or twice.

 

So anyhow,  I asked if he was going to have the place treated, and he mentioned something about rubbing alcohol and bug spray. So I called the manager to make sure she knew he was infested, and they had the dudes with the bug-sniffing dogs come out to check his place and then I guess they treated it. That was a few months ago.

 

We share a wall with this guy, so I've always been really paranoid about the bed bugs making their way over to us, but we have no shared vents and no outlets on that wall, so I figured we're ok and just kept my eyes open. Well, the other day I was sitting on the toilet and saw what I thought was a tick crawling across the bathroom floor. I yelled for DH and the little bugger squeezed itself under the metal carpet plate/doorjam thingy. Luckily we were able to fish it out with a tweezers. Neither of us knew what it was, but I knew it wasn't a tick. For some reason I didn't even think of bed bugs, it was much bigger than I thought bed bugs got. So we stuck it in a little tupperware container and called the manager. They sent over one of the exterminator guys, who confirmed it is a bed bug, but that it looked like it hadn't fed in a while. None of us has experienced any bites, I don't think, but I have read that some people don't react to the bites and might not even know they are being bitten. Also, since DH works overnight 3 shifts a week he is really only in the bed maybe during peak feeding time 4 nights a week, so maybe he is just getting lucky? The exterminator did a visual check of our mattress and some other areas and said that he didn't see anything, but since we obviously had a live adult in our place, that we should treat as if we have an infestation. He pointed out that it could have been a female, and they lay eggs frequently.

 

So that is where we stand right now. I'd rather be safe than sorry, but I also don't love the idea of poison in our home. Plus the prep work for the treatment sounds like a total pain in the a$$. But I'd hate to decline treatment and then have a problem later... ugh.

 

Sorry for the novel!


Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

 

Expecting #2 in late June!

kitteh is offline  
#34 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
 
anyalily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I am starting to realize that most people have had experience with bed bugs but maybe no one wants to talk about it. Kitteh, sorry you have a lame neighbor. I feel sorry for him too, because I was thinking about what happens if you are just not up for the fight. Well, you live with bed bugs. Gross.

 

Kitteh, pm me if you want info about the natural remedy I am using. The prep is the same but the PCO exterminator guys don't always get them all the first time and I hate the idea of repeat exposure to bug spray if it can be avoided. I think if this stuff is used right, it is just as effective as what they do, and if you have to repeat it, at least it is not a neurotoxin.

 

SweetMama, it is sort of horrifying but only because it is so much work and there is no quick solution. They do not spread disease like fleas and ticks, so it is just a nuisance. I keep having to remind myself of that. LOL

 

I have been feeling kind of desperate about figuring out where the bugs are coming from before we have another baby. It is bad enough that my little sweet daughter gets bites a few times a month. Usually on her toes or the soles of her feet. It really brings out the mama bear in me and makes me want to destroy them! Rroar!


Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
anyalily is offline  
#35 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 11:24 AM
 
kitteh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh and, CONGRATS SweetMama!! What great news for you. I just read about your friend's tragedy and I'm so so sorry for her loss, I can't even imagine.

 

AFM, my temp finally spiked today and FF thinks I O'd on Sunday, which is what I think too. We didn't manage to BD on Sunday, but did every night the 4 days leading up to O so hopefully that will be enough. That puts me at 3DPO. I'm still getting over a head cold and trying not to symptom spot during this TWW. But I can't help noticing how painful my nipples are, especially when DD tries to nurse. OUCH!

 

I hope that SweetMama's BFP is the first of many this month! Baby Dust.


Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

 

Expecting #2 in late June!

kitteh is offline  
#36 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM
 
SweetMama34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

kitteh - we didn't BD the three days before I ovulated - so it's definitely possible! I conceived before with much better timing (every day, the day of twice...or something like that).

 

Sooo many ups and downs this month...this week, even. I hope this BFP starts a trend for our little thread, too!


Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

SweetMama34 is offline  
#37 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 05:14 PM
 
Stevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found out what is biting me. While getting into my car this morning I saw a bug taking a stroll down the driveway. I recognized it right away; it was a Hualapai Tiger, aka the Kissing Bug. They are native to the desert and usually live in packrat nests, but will settle for human dwellings. I have met with these creatures in the past, trying to get rid of them as a teen is how I learned that I'm allergic to insecticides.

 

I'm going to try and spray around the outside of my house, and seal along the floors in my bedroom and just hope that works.


43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Stevi is offline  
#38 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
 
anyalily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMama34 View Post

kitteh - we didn't BD the three days before I ovulated - so it's definitely possible! I conceived before with much better timing (every day, the day of twice...or something like that).

 

Sooo many ups and downs this month...this week, even. I hope this BFP starts a trend for our little thread, too!

Uh oh. And here I was thinking I missed it because we didn't DTD the two days before O. Maybe I am still in the running. 


Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
anyalily is offline  
#39 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
 
anyalily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

I found out what is biting me. While getting into my car this morning I saw a bug taking a stroll down the driveway. I recognized it right away; it was a Hualapai Tiger, aka the Kissing Bug. They are native to the desert and usually live in packrat nests, but will settle for human dwellings. I have met with these creatures in the past, trying to get rid of them as a teen is how I learned that I'm allergic to insecticides.

 

I'm going to try and spray around the outside of my house, and seal along the floors in my bedroom and just hope that works.

Kissing bugs, I know nothing about them. Are they as hard to get rid of as bed bugs?


Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
anyalily is offline  
#40 of 61 Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 AM
 
Stevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyalily...   I hope not!!!


43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Stevi is offline  
#41 of 61 Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
 
anyalily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Kitteh, we seem to be on the same cycle! I am now 2 DPO. There will be no symptom spotting. I am going to proceed as if there is no chance I could be pregnant and if I get surprised, then YAY. I have way too much going to to obsess about the 2WW. Sigh.

 

SweetMama, let me know when you want me to graduate you.


Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
anyalily is offline  
#42 of 61 Old 10-04-2012, 01:47 PM
 
kitteh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmm, this morning I took my temp and it was almost the same as yesterday's, and when I plugged it into Fertility Friend it bumped my crosshairs up to the 1st of Oct instead of the 30th of Sept. I don't really understand why, but I was still feeling crampy and I think I still had watery CM and a fairly high cervix then, so maybe they are right. But the last time we BD'd was on the 29th. I felt alright about that when thinking that I O'd on the 30th, but if it wasn't til the next day then I guess our chances are lower. I know I'm not entirely out yet, but it's kinda disappointing.

 

I think I'm finding it hard not to symptom spot right now because I don't have a lot going on this week, but next week is super busy so that combined with the possible later O date should help me share your attitude and approach, anyalily. So now that I'm still 3DPO you and I are pretty much cycle twins. When are you thinking of testing?  I'm going to immerse myself in everything that is going on next week and not test until AFTER my half marathon on Sunday. We are renting an RV on Thursday night and leaving bright and early Friday morning to drive up the coast. I'm excited, DH and I have always talked about road tripping and he is really interested in seeing Northern CA. So I think I might just leave my pregnancy tests at home so I won't even be tempted to test until we get back on Monday. I should be 14dpo and CD32 by then.

MyKidKissTrees likes this.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

 

Expecting #2 in late June!

kitteh is offline  
#43 of 61 Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 PM
 
MyKidKissTrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

love your vacatıon play kıtteh!!  DH and I want to do somethıng very sımılar!!  I thınk you should totally leave the tests at home and just enjoy the vacatıon :)


DD1 7 1/2 years DS1 3 1/2 years And DS2   7/18/13
MyKidKissTrees is offline  
#44 of 61 Old 10-05-2012, 11:19 AM
 
dayiscoming2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would like to join here as "waiting to be ready." I want to do some dietary changes, lose my last 15 lbs, look at different supplements etc, so that I can do my best to avoid another miscarriage next time. I just had a miscarriage last week. The bleeding just ended the day before yesterday. It was early and despite being physically and somewhat emotionally painful. I just want to be as healthy as I can before trying again. I'm thinking to actually actively start trying/not avoiding January or February. I've read that is about how long I would need to see health improvements that could make a difference.

 

I always seem to get pregnant very quickly. This last pregnancy that ended was no exception. I have had really heavy periods (filling a menstrual cup in 1 hour) in the past and then started drinking a cup of strong red raspberry tea once a day and the period just before I got pregnant was pretty normal. I think it actually regulated things. I was really getting that baby itch and decided we would stop avoiding. My husband wasn't really wanting to avoid anyway. We got pregnant right away. I found out around 3 weeks 5 days and then miscarried around a week later. Could it just be my hormones haven't fully regulated since stopping breastfeeding/getting my cycle back? I've only had 2 PP cycles and one sort of cycle/MC. I am worried about taking supplements to help because I don't want to screw myself up either. I was considering a progesterone cream though. As, I do suspect I am low. Any advice? I'll post this outside this thread too.

 

I read through the thread and congrats to those who are moving on and I hope all the best for those working towards a little bundle of joy.


Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

 homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

 

dayiscoming2006 is offline  
#45 of 61 Old 10-05-2012, 03:07 PM
 
SweetMama34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

I would like to join here as "waiting to be ready." I want to do some dietary changes, lose my last 15 lbs, look at different supplements etc, so that I can do my best to avoid another miscarriage next time. I just had a miscarriage last week. The bleeding just ended the day before yesterday. It was early and despite being physically and somewhat emotionally painful. I just want to be as healthy as I can before trying again. I'm thinking to actually actively start trying/not avoiding January or February. I've read that is about how long I would need to see health improvements that could make a difference.

 

I always seem to get pregnant very quickly. This last pregnancy that ended was no exception. I have had really heavy periods (filling a menstrual cup in 1 hour) in the past and then started drinking a cup of strong red raspberry tea once a day and the period just before I got pregnant was pretty normal. I think it actually regulated things. I was really getting that baby itch and decided we would stop avoiding. My husband wasn't really wanting to avoid anyway. We got pregnant right away. I found out around 3 weeks 5 days and then miscarried around a week later. Could it just be my hormones haven't fully regulated since stopping breastfeeding/getting my cycle back? I've only had 2 PP cycles and one sort of cycle/MC. I am worried about taking supplements to help because I don't want to screw myself up either. I was considering a progesterone cream though. As, I do suspect I am low. Any advice? I'll post this outside this thread too.

 

 

Welcome to the thread! I hope you conceive quickly, without trouble and that it's a sticky baby next time around!

 

I don't know what the answers are, as I've had very similar questions - I wanted to do ANYTHING to figure out why I miscarried. I thought maybe because my eggs were older this time (it's been 7 years since I've been pregnant), because it was a different father, because my progesterone is low, or because it was too soon after having an IUD removed (even though I was given the go ahead right away).

 

The fact of the matter is, there's just sometimes no way to know for sure. Some m/c just happen - they've done some studies and learned that quite often, the embryo has a fatal defect and it's 'nature's way' - which feels awful to us mamas - but I did take comfort in trusting that what was meant to be happened, and it's okay to move forward thinking everything CAN and WILL work out for me.

 

As for progesterone - I squawked just enough and got my midwife's office to agree to draw it today along with my second HCG. It's good to know...just a blood draw....easy fix. I'd encourage you to ask for that, because it'll give you peace of mind on at least one of the issues that we can monitor easily.


Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

SweetMama34 is offline  
#46 of 61 Old 10-05-2012, 03:35 PM
 
virgocantwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats to the graduates!  Good luck everyone. :)

 

 

Hi there!  I would like to join here as Waiting to O.

 

I had a very early miscarriage yesterday so I'm bleeding now.  

 

Baby specific I'm taking FUR extract @ 2 droppers morning and eve; 1 tsp maca powder morning; and red rasp & nettle tea.

 

Generic health-wise: I've been off alcohol for 2 months, off of smoking for 6 months, I'm on GAPS, and taking FCLO, MK-7, Jarrow's B-Right and Dr. Furhman's Gentle Prenatal.

 

I am *on* this.  mischievous.gif

 

VCW


Married love.gif, 36 yo Peace.gif, momma to 2 fur babies cat.gifcat.gif, and truly TTC for the first time!

angel1.gif one angel bean 10/4/12

virgocantwait is offline  
#47 of 61 Old 10-05-2012, 04:58 PM
 
InLove2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Guys!

 

So, something weird is going on with my body. AF is supposed to star today, but didn't. When I woke up this morning, I had very bad cramps on my right side. I was told last year that I had a cyst on my right ovary, about the size of an orange. The cyst has never really bother me before, but I can hardly move it hurt so bad. So I called the doctor today, and she wanted me to come in right away. She is worried about an etopic (spelling) pregnancy. I am going to see her tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!

InLove2009 is offline  
#48 of 61 Old 10-05-2012, 07:27 PM
 
SweetMama34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

virgo - welcome! So sorry about your loss. Congrats on the changes you've made to become healthier. Wishing you a peaceful, easy journey from here on out.

 

inlove - fingers crossed all is okay for you! Be sure to update us.

 

anya - can you please move me to graduates? My second beta was 149 (my last one, less than 48 hours ago was 47!) Progesterone was drawn also...14.8 (but I don't know what it means - lol).

MyKidKissTrees likes this.

Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

SweetMama34 is offline  
#49 of 61 Old 10-05-2012, 08:06 PM
 
dayiscoming2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

@ sweetmama http://www.livestrong.com/article/81879-progesterone-levels-first-trimester-pregnancy/

 

And thanks for the words. I know maybe there is nothing that I did or could have done. I just want to do my best to be as healthy as I can realistically manage before trying again. That and we have to move in a couple months and it would be nice if I could actually help lift heavy furniture and stuff, so it kind of works out in that way. I am impatient to try again, but I'm doing my best to stay calm and focus on the tasks of the present.


Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

 homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

 

dayiscoming2006 is offline  
#50 of 61 Old 10-06-2012, 04:18 PM
 
JustJenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats Sweetmama! I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy and birth  joy.gif


JustJenny and DH of 20 years 
 
After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 
 
2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
JustJenny is offline  
#51 of 61 Old 10-06-2012, 04:21 PM
 
JustJenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

AFM: AF arrived today. gloomy.gif  Anyalily could you please move me to waiting to O.


JustJenny and DH of 20 years 
 
After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 
 
2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
JustJenny is offline  
#52 of 61 Old 10-06-2012, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
 
anyalily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteh View Post

Hmm, this morning I took my temp and it was almost the same as yesterday's, and when I plugged it into Fertility Friend it bumped my crosshairs up to the 1st of Oct instead of the 30th of Sept. I don't really understand why, but I was still feeling crampy and I think I still had watery CM and a fairly high cervix then, so maybe they are right. But the last time we BD'd was on the 29th. I felt alright about that when thinking that I O'd on the 30th, but if it wasn't til the next day then I guess our chances are lower. I know I'm not entirely out yet, but it's kinda disappointing.

 

I think I'm finding it hard not to symptom spot right now because I don't have a lot going on this week, but next week is super busy so that combined with the possible later O date should help me share your attitude and approach, anyalily. So now that I'm still 3DPO you and I are pretty much cycle twins. When are you thinking of testing?  I'm going to immerse myself in everything that is going on next week and not test until AFTER my half marathon on Sunday. We are renting an RV on Thursday night and leaving bright and early Friday morning to drive up the coast. I'm excited, DH and I have always talked about road tripping and he is really interested in seeing Northern CA. So I think I might just leave my pregnancy tests at home so I won't even be tempted to test until we get back on Monday. I should be 14dpo and CD32 by then.

Kitteh, I think my method is just a result of my stressful and distracting project... Also, I have symptom spotted every month I have tried, and never ended up being pregnant, so I do not trust my instincts when it comes to being pregnant... The one difference this month is that I have work commitments in the summer and fall of next year, so I will need to avoid for a few months if we didn't catch it this time...


Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
anyalily is offline  
#53 of 61 Old 10-06-2012, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
 
anyalily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJenny View Post

AFM: AF arrived today. gloomy.gif  Anyalily could you please move me to waiting to O.

Sorry darlin'. That sucks.


Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
anyalily is offline  
#54 of 61 Old 10-06-2012, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter
 
anyalily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Welcome DayisComing and Virgocantwait. I am sorry to hear about your losses. Hopefully your stays here will be short and sweet. Dayiscoming, I am with you wanting to get healthy. It is so hard putting off trying when working on health stuff, at least for me. I am deep in a rut. I have more like 30-40 pounds to lose ideally... I have a bad back and had a rough time the first time around with DD.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLove2009 View Post

Hi Guys!

 

So, something weird is going on with my body. AF is supposed to star today, but didn't. When I woke up this morning, I had very bad cramps on my right side. I was told last year that I had a cyst on my right ovary, about the size of an orange. The cyst has never really bother me before, but I can hardly move it hurt so bad. So I called the doctor today, and she wanted me to come in right away. She is worried about an etopic (spelling) pregnancy. I am going to see her tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!

 

InLove, I am sending hopeful thoughts to you!


Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
anyalily is offline  
#55 of 61 Old 10-07-2012, 06:07 AM
 
dayiscoming2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Welcome DayisComing and Virgocantwait. I am sorry to hear about your losses. Hopefully your stays here will be short and sweet. Dayiscoming, I am with you wanting to get healthy. It is so hard putting off trying when working on health stuff, at least for me. I am deep in a rut. I have more like 30-40 pounds to lose ideally... I have a bad back and had a rough time the first time around with DD.

Thanks.

I have lost 48 lbs this year. I know how hard it is. This is the second time around that I lost a lot. Last time was before I got pregnant with my third and then I gained everything back. It was so sad. But, I didn't work out and by the end I lost some control over how much I was eating - third trimester cravings. Things I know I can change the next time around. Just got to avoid letting myself go. No excuses unless there's a VERY good one. :) I have found it's about exercise, portion size, eating good, nutritious foods, and taking a few health promoting vitamins and supplements. I could have lost all the weight by now, but it is HARD to stay on task. I've been good for about 4 months now. That's the longest ever and I feel like I can finally keep it up.

I do pilates (highly recommended), walk away the pounds, mini trampoline (sometimes), zumba and walking with my family to stay active. Just in case you would like some ideas. :)

MyKidKissTrees likes this.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

 homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

 

dayiscoming2006 is offline  
#56 of 61 Old 10-07-2012, 03:38 PM
 
bdavis912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all! I've been MIA for a while, but thought I'd jump back in since I have a little more free time. I just finished nursing school and passed my state boards, so that's a big chunk of what was keeping me busy! I start my first RN job next week, working in pediatrics! 

Just wanted to check in and say 'hello'. I hadn't posted very much before I I got so busy, so I look forward to "talking" to you all! :) 

bdavis912 is offline  
#57 of 61 Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 PM
 
dakipode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

JustJenny: while it sort of sucks I'm also happy to have you as a cycle buddy, AF showed up yesterday for me too. hug2.gif

 

That being said, anyalilly, can I please be moved back to waiting to O? Thanks.


Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
dakipode is offline  
#58 of 61 Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 AM
 
JustJenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 hug2.gif Dakipode - Funny how we're cycling together, huh?  Maybe we'll get a bfp together too someday....

 

Virgo- hug2.gif for your loss. I just had one in July its awful. Congrats on making all your healthy decisions! You are on your way....

 

Dayiscoming- hug2.gif for you too. I hope you are able to find peace and sanity while you wait to try again. Good luck on your weight loss journey....


JustJenny and DH of 20 years 
 
After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 
 
2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
JustJenny is offline  
#59 of 61 Old 10-09-2012, 12:54 PM
 
dakipode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

anyalily: everything ok? You are usually so prompt with the new thread. Not complaining, just want to make sure you're doing alright.


Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
dakipode is offline  
#60 of 61 Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 AM
 
dayiscoming2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

anyalily: I hope you were simply busy.

 

 

 

I decided to try again right away after all. I just felt wrong preventing things for what feels like no good reason. I weigh less than I did with all my other pregnancies, I eat better, I get more exercise, etc. I'm more of a trust in the Lord's timing kind of gal typically, but was kind of nervous because of the miscarriage. I read up and it is safe to try again immediately after a chem pregnancy/early MC. So, that's what we are doing. I'm continuing with healthy eating and regular exercise.

 

So, you can list me as 2WW though I think it may be more of a 2-3 WW, but I'm pretty sure I O'd today based on CM, temps and other things. Thanks.


Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

 homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

 

dayiscoming2006 is offline  
Reply

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off