Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD 
for Sept. 30 - Oct. 7

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

baby4makes6

bdavis912

dakipode

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella  BFPChart2.gif

jaxxy

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

jr'smom

JustJenny

kimble

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

magoodoggy BFPChart2.gif

maia.springgoddess

MyKidKissTrees

MyName

nattery

newtoTTC

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif

skeemama

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

sweetnatural

ThePeacefulMama

Tropicalfever

windsova 

virgocantwait

zebrapopcorn

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

anyalily BFPChart2.gif  

BaileyB

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

brogransmomma

cavertmmy

ciga

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

InLove2009

- Jenn -

kitteh
kittenbritches
 BFPChart2.gif

lenny1027 BFPChart2.gif

librarygirl  BFPChart2.gif

lilgreenmama

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif     

livingsky BFPChart2.gif 

mamainthemaking

MissCee
Mz J

odinsmama

Renaissance31 

SandyLoam

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

wannabemomkt

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

bloodofthefae

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif
Butterflymom

candyshells

CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif

dayiscoming

imbjer

jeminijad

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Lidamama84

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

samy23 

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
tinytina
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif October BFP's heartbeat.gif

amlikam

SweetMama34

heartbeat.gif September BFP's heartbeat.gif

aHikaru

AmandaLynnH

LittleBlackBug

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif August BFP's heartbeat.gif

LittleKind

TwighlightJoy BFPChart2.gif 

heartbeat.gif July BFP's heartbeat.gif

nearlyelated

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 61 Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all. I think tomorrow's temp will reveal that today is O day. We did end up trying, so we'll see what happens. whistling.gif

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#3 of 61 Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good luck Anyalily!

I'm hoping for the same temp rise tomorrow. DH and I have not BD'd yet, but plan to when he gets home from work around 10:30. Now I just have to stay awake til then!

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#4 of 61 Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 PM

My DP and I decided we're going to start trying to conceive TODAY! So excited to work towards baby number two.

#5 of 61 Old 09-30-2012, 10:14 PM

Baby dust to everyone - hoping we see a BFP somewhere in this thread soon!

Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

#6 of 61 Old 09-30-2012, 10:19 PM

anyalily, thanks for the new thread and good luck this month!

kitteh, have fun and good luck!

modmidwifemama, congrats on the big decision and may you get to #2 soon!

AFM: waiting for Wednesday, ok not really, but does anyone remember that Lisa Loeb song? Most likely waiting for Friday or Saturday...

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#7 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 12:20 AM

We practıced last nıght for the bıg show sometıme around the 8th!  just want to make sure we get ıt rıght ;)  haha.  wısh ı had the opks here on vacay!!  

DD1 7 1/2 years DS1 3 1/2 years And DS2   7/18/13
#8 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 08:17 AM

Hey all, I graduted!!! Best wishes to you all TTC

goodvibes.gif

Please move me to graduated

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Live your life, like your life depends on it. joy.gif         

#9 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 12:12 PM

Amlikam - Congrats!!!! What wonderful news. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy and birth jumpers.gif

Anyalily- Good luck this month winky.gif

Modmidwifemama - nice to meet you. Sending lots of baby dust your way dust.gif

Kitteh- go baby go, lol. I have a big temp dip too before O. Its been more reliable than opk's for me. Have fun wink1.gif

AFM:  9 dpo and making my self a little crazy the last 2 days. I think I feel something then I don't. Most of my "symptoms" can be attributed to something else.  I'm waiting to test until I've missed my period so I have a ways to go. Trying to stay busy with work.....

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#10 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 PM

Thanks for the new thread!

Hanging out in 2ww land. I wasn't sure if I o'ed on day 11 or 16 and with a negative test this morning, it must have been day 16. That makes me now 9DPO. Longest. 2WW. Ever.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#11 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 12:59 PM

Amlikam- Congrats!!!!

AFM- This is it! This Friday I will know if we were successful! AF is supposed to start Friday, which is good because this not knowing is driving me crazy!!

Good luck everyone! 

#12 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 01:40 PM

Amilkam-- Congrats!! how many DPO were you when you got your BFP?

JustJenny--sending you strength! 9-14DPO is a tough time to get through!! I always cave, but I told myself that in the future I'm not going to!

LivingSky--Ditto to you, it's gotta be even tougher because you thought you could have been further along. TWW sucks, even more so when it stretches into the 3WW, LOL

InLove2009--Good luck! Lots of baby dust your way

anyalily--did you get your temp spike this morning?

AFM--DH got home later than expected and I was exhausted and the headcold was a little worse, so we skipped BDing. We agreed that we weren't going to force ourselves to do it when we really aren't in the mood. Don't ever want it to feel like a chore, you know? So then I temped this morning hoping for a spike, but it just went up by .2 degrees which was disappointing. Maybe I'll have a slow rise? I guess I just have to wait and see.

Then all day long I've been feeling a sort of heaviness and bloat really low in my pelvis, which is just odd. This whole cycle has been really odd, starting off with the lightest period known to man, and on top of that I've had cramping and bloat all cycle long and that usually only happens around AF. I have no idea what is going on with my crazy body.

I found a few more Wondfo ovulation strips in my closet, so I took one on a whim today (because I'm addicted to peeing on sticks) and it is another bold positive. That makes 3 days in a row of definite +OPKs, with a 4th that was "almost" positive the day before the positive streak started. Again, WTF is going on with my body.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

#13 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 04:33 PM

Kitteh- I know what you mean about not wanting it to be a chore! Last year when we were trying it felt like a chore. And it made us tense. And we fought. No good at all! 

I am of no help with the temping, because I could never get accurate temps for myself either, and it just drove me crazy. So I stopped temping. As for the 4 days of positive OPKs... I have no idea. Maybe you have not gotten the 'one' yet? A friend of mine thought she was ovulating for 4 days, and on the fifth she got one that was way darker, so she knew the other ones were juts leading up to it.... Or maybe you o'd more than once? Does that even happen? 

Good luck! 

#14 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 04:47 PM

kitteh - I can't remember - have you tried taking a pregnancy test? OPKs can show positive when you're pregnant...

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#15 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 PM

LivingSky--I've heard the OPKs pick up pregnancy too. And honestly, I just FEEL pregnant. First of all, I have light periods but never just spotting like I had this time. And I've been crampy and gassy and bloated all cycle, with dull lower-back aches and pressure in my lower abdomen/pelvis. I've also been really tired and low energy and CRANKY. LOL even DH has been saying that I've gotta be pregnant. But my boobs aren't in on it, and with Ela they were HUGE and sore by 6 or 7 weeks. I figure that with DD nursing they would be the first symptom, but aside from some mild nipple sensitivity, nothing seems to be going on there. So there is that.

I took about a million HPTs during the TWW. The first batch I had were from early-pregnancy-tests .com and they all seemed to have a really super faint line,which was probably just an an evap. Then I bought some wondfos off Amazon and all of those were negative. I just took my last Wondfo on Saturday and it was negative too.

So I'm at a total loss.

#16 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Kitteh - Thanks for the encouragement ;)  As for you that is a little crazy! Maybe your sickness is delaying O? Wouldn't that cause a opk to keep saying positive? I only have 2 months of opk under my belt and it didn't go well, lol.  Your symptoms today sure sounds like pregnancy.....Hope you get a clearer answer soon....

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#17 of 61 Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 PM

Kitteh, you're still BFing your DD, right? I know when I was expecting my DD2, I was still BFing and my boobs didn't grow until almost the end of my pg. My DD1 weaned around the end of my first trimester, and my boobs got SMALLER! So I asked my local LLL leader and she dug up some info which says that if you've BFed in the past your body has done the changes it needs to do for BFing already, so you may not experience an increase in your boobs until close to the birth because your body doesn't need much time to prepare this time around. All that to say that you may not see an increase in your bust size as a first sign of pregnancy!

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#18 of 61 Old 10-02-2012, 01:04 AM

yay!! amlıkan!!  congrats jumpers.gif

lıdamama: ıve heard the same thıng about swollen bbs ın relatıon to nursıng!

#19 of 61 Old 10-02-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteh View Post

Amilkam-- Congrats!! how many DPO were you when you got your BFP?

21 days!!!!! dizzy.gif but possibly I ovulated later than I thought? I don't test for my ovulation more than monitoring my CM and how I feel Sheepish.gif

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Live your life, like your life depends on it. joy.gif         

#20 of 61 Old 10-02-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidamama84 View Post

Kitteh, you're still BFing your DD, right? I know when I was expecting my DD2, I was still BFing and my boobs didn't grow until almost the end of my pg. My DD1 weaned around the end of my first trimester, and my boobs got SMALLER! So I asked my local LLL leader and she dug up some info which says that if you've BFed in the past your body has done the changes it needs to do for BFing already, so you may not experience an increase in your boobs until close to the birth because your body doesn't need much time to prepare this time around. All that to say that you may not see an increase in your bust size as a first sign of pregnancy!

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard. I spent most of my life pretty darn flat chested, so I was loving the full C cup that I got while pregnant and during the first year of DD's life. In fact, I dare say that the full rack was quite possibly the best thing about pregnancy and early motherhood (Yeah, I guess the whole baby part was pretty great too.) Now that they've shrunk back to almost their former size (only floppier and covered in stretch marks, SEXY!) I figured it was the perfect time to go get knocked up again and give em a natural boost. *Sigh*

So I caved yesterday and bought some FRERs and peed on one, BFN. No idea WTF is going on with my body. Nipples hurt like a mother when DD is nursing, still feeling bloaty and some slight nausea here and there, but no cramping today. I plan to do an OPK later because I'm crazy. And kind of curious to see what it says.

My cervix is a little lower and firmer today, and CM is creamy. BBT went up another .2 degrees this morning, but its still not high enough to set off FF's ovulation detector. Also, I thought it was interesting to note that my temps are all pretty low. Generally around 97.3 or so, with my one dip going into the high 96s but I temp vaginally, so I'd expect them to be higher!

#21 of 61 Old 10-02-2012, 05:05 PM

kitteh - hope there are some concrete answers for you soon - but then again, as we all know, sometimes we just don't get the answers we want! I'm usually thoroughly confused at some point in every cycle. :P

I just realized that the last time I was 8dpo (where I am today), I had a BFP. I don't feel the same as I did then. Didn't even think of testing. Haven't been temping consistently, as I've had a cold, have been breathing through my mouth and getting wonky temps anyhow. I also had a sudden onset of dizziness/nausea today which made me go 'hmmmm....' - but then again, my head is full of snot and it's making me dizzy. Dizzy = nauseous, so nothing to be excited about. I may or may not test in the morning. I'm not overly excited about it either way, which is just so odd.

I think my friend's recent tragedy just changed perspective for me. I'm more intent on taking things day by day, moment by moment - and less focused on end results. That's not to say I won't be sad when AF arrives, or elated when I get a BFP. It's just that today, I'm feeling ambivalent.

Wife to the sweetest man in the world and Mama to 2 precious boys (7 and 9), and one little miracle girl (born June '13)

#22 of 61 Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Sweet Mama- I am sorry that you feel that way. It sounds like you just feel really distant. I also hope that your head cold is better soon! You are in my prayers and I hope that your heart will heal from your tragedy. blowkiss.gif

#23 of 61 Old 10-02-2012, 07:25 PM

treehugger.gif

I think that taking things day by day and moment by moment is a great approach, and one I'm really trying to embrace. When I think too far ahead--how many weeks will I be at Christmas if I'm pregnant now? How about DD's birthday? What kind of maternity clothes will I need for that season, etc etc--then I end up becoming really attached to that particular outcome without realizing it, which makes this crazy TTC journey so much more difficult. So I'm trying not to think too far ahead and instead am focusing on the moment. Trying to, anyhow.

This evening's OPK was negative, which is actually a relief. I really hope that I have already O'd and am not going to O later. I know that having a -OPK now doesn't necessarily mean I've already O'd, but it still was a relief to see. Now we'll just see if my temp continues to creep upward.

#24 of 61 Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLove2009 View Post

Sweet Mama- I am sorry that you feel that way. It sounds like you just feel really distant. I also hope that your head cold is better soon! You are in my prayers and I hope that your heart will heal from your tragedy. blowkiss.gif

Yes - I think I'm feeling somewhat detached, which is expected after shocking and tragic news. I'm coming back, though...today was easier than yesterday, which I was grateful for.

#25 of 61 Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 PM

....oh, and I'm testing in the morning. Waaaaay too early (9dpo) - but why not? My last BFP was at 8dpo. :P

#26 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Amlikam, congrats! I guess that's what the f was going on...

Kitteh, I hear you about not wanting it to be a chore. I have not had my temp spike yet, I may have been delayed because I got a shock a few night ago. I am ashamed and horrified to say that I have discovered bed bugs in my house. Cuss.gif This is one of my greatest fears, I mean it literally, and I have been totally obsessed trying to clean the house and wash everything I own. Had to drop a bunch of money on a cedar oil treatment, and I am just praying it does the trick. I do not want pesticides in the house! And I want bugs even less! The little jerks have been biting us for a while and I have been searching for fleas, bed bugs, ants, spiders, anything that ould be biting... Why they only now made an appearance, I do not know. Ugh. So gross.

Don't worry friends, you can't catch bed bugs through chat rooms. I hope you all will still be my friends. 

SweetMama, hearing about your friends terrible tragedy puts this in perspective, that I am blessed to have buggies and still have my loved ones. I have really been spinning out on this and I am sure the stress has set me back in one way or another. I am sending you a hug and wishes for strength. What a nightmare.

#27 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 AM

omg!  anyalıly!!  we JUST went through that.  I am SO SURE ıt was bed bugs.  yikes2.gif We are vısıtıng famıly ın Turkey rıght now.  We fırst went to bodrum (agean sea area) and we were EATEN ALIVE at my MILs house!!!  And then to the black sea regıon and the fırst few days the kıds were stıll gettıng eaten and then ı used a carpet steamer on the matresses and floors... totally stopped!  goodluck!!  that ıs lıke my WORST fear!  We could never see them though... ı kept loookıng and lookıng... nothıng.  just horrıble bıtes all over me.  lıke lıterally HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of bıtes!!  I was dyıng ı was ıtchıng sobadly!!  (apparently they lıke the one wıth the warmest temp and ı cuaght a mıld cold whıle ı was here but ı guess enough to raıse my temp...)  nıghtmare!!!  ıf ı could post a pıc of what ı looked lıke ı would.  ı mean... ı was covered from head to toe... about the only place ı dıdnt get bıt was my vajayjay.  maybe even there too but ı was all amazonıan down there and couldnt tell ;)  goodluck!!!

ALSO!  they lıked coconut oıl whıch ı had been puttıng on my skın to relıeve the ıtchıng... uh... ı had about 1000 more after ı used that.  so ı closed the lıd tıght after that and ıt calmed down a bıt.

#28 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 08:16 AM

Ugh! I think I have them too! (Bed bugs, I mean.) I started waking up with tiny, itchy bites about a week ago. I've been in this house since July, so I don't know why they are suddenly showing up. I have never had them before, and brought all of my own beds and bedding from the old place. There are no carpets here, either, so I don't know where they could have hiddin...

I'm allergic to many pesticides, so I have to find something besides poisin to get rid of them.

Think Fertile Thoughts!!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#29 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 AM

anya - don't worry!!! SOMETHING is biting the hell out of me nearly every night in bed. But I'm the ONLY one getting bit. How is that possible? Our dogs did get fleas this summer, but we did massive flea control and pretty sure it was under control - so WHAT keeps biting me? How do I know if I have bedbugs? I've washed and washed and washed all bedding in hot water and borax, vaccuumed like crazy...I don't see anything, so what is it?

Thank you all for the amazingly wonderful support. I have a few PMs from amazing women who have offered tremendous support as well. Haven't gotten back to those, but I will (if you're out there reading this now!)

Before I do that, will you tell me what you see here?

9pdo...had an extreme dizzy/nauseous little thing yesterday, boobs have been heavy/super sore and well....my temps were good and I figured I'd test today. Did NOT expect this. Super shocked.

Going in for an HCG quant in a bit - and again Friday morning. PLEASE, be a sticky baby this time!!!! (and I'm really stunned by the irony of conceiving right when my dear friend lost her baby - I'd trade this baby so she could have hers back if I could....I really would.)

#30 of 61 Old 10-03-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Oh no, maybe you can catch them through the interwebs! MyKid and Stevi, it is hellish! I am so sorry you have experienced this. I have read that steam and heat kill them, but sometimes you have to combine it with something else to get them all. I recommend this stuff called CedarCide. I don't want to advertise, so you can PM me for the deets, but it is a good preventative measure and it kills them on contact, plus the eggs, without harming the humans and animals. I had a small amount and was sometimes spraying my bed clothes, and on those nights I did not get bitten. I have faith that once I do the whole house once or twice, the biting will stop. I may have to do it all over again or try the heat thing, but at least I have something to fight them with.

Stevi, they hide in tiny nooks in bed frames and in the seams of mattresses, etc. They can also hide in the wall sockets. If your landlord did an incomplete treatment before you moved in (like just bombing or dusting the place or something) they could have been replenishing their numbers and are just making an appearance now. Nip it in the bud!

Anyway, I had my temp shift this morning, but we have not DTD since Sunday night so I think our timing wasn't great. I felt like I was O'ing but I think the stress of this whole thing may have delayed it a day or two. With DH on a twin bed in the office and me on the couch there hasn't been space or time for us to meet. Oh well. It is possible, but unlikely.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page