Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Trying To Conceive (http://www.mothering.com/forum/178-trying-conceive/)
-   -   October TWW Thread (http://www.mothering.com/forum/178-trying-conceive/1364742-october-tww-thread.html)

pokeyac 10-01-2012 03:52 PM

This is a place for everyone in the TWW!  Come in and say hello, get some support, ask some questions.  Then come back and let us celebrate your success or give you hugs and encouragement.

Good luck and dust.gif to all!  Let's make some summer babies!

HPT accuracy DPO 
10 dpo : 35% 
11 dpo : 51% 
12 dpo : 62% 
13 dpo : 68% 
14 dpo : 74% 
15 dpo : 80% 
16 dpo : 88% 
17 dpo : 92% 

18 dpo : 99%

Beautiful BFP's  pos.gif joy.gif

pokeyAC pos.gif

dayiscoming2006 pos.gif

JustJenny 10-01-2012 07:31 PM

I am 9 dpo today. and probably will test around 16-17 dpo.  One more week to go and I'm so obsessed with pregnancy thoughts right now - I may cave and test sooner. Good luck to everyone  dust.gif

mirpnmama 10-02-2012 01:02 PM

AF ended yesterday - will be doing the BD starting Friday, which is day 12.....Lots of Baby Dust to everyone this month!!!!dust.gif

MyKidKissTrees 10-03-2012 02:08 AM

I wont even O untıl around the 8th and I already want to POAS... lıke serıously.  thıs ıs the fırst month TTC and Im totally freakıng (other two were whoopsıes... well second one we were plannıng to start tryıng ın a few months so not a super whoopsıes)... but yeah my braın ıs ONLY workıng for one thıng rıght now.  ı lıterally cannot thınk of anythıng else!  lıke ım already pıckıng out names... haha.  DH thınks ıve gone off the deep end (and hates all my names...)  so excıted!!!!  joy.gif

kitteh 10-03-2012 02:15 PM

MyKidKissTrees my DD was a bit of a surprise as well, and now that we are on month 2 of this crazy TTC journey, I really just kind of wish they were all surprise! babies. I have come to the conclusion that it's going to happen "when the time is right" (whatever that might be) and my illusion of control over the whole thing is just making me insane.

We're busy getting the house in order and trying to build our savings up to a solid 6 month emergency fund (I'd prefer 8 months, but 6 is a good start) I'm *TRYING* to distract myself with my running, but I'm failing miserably. I have a 10k on Sunday that was supposed to be a goal race, and the Nike Women's Half the following weekend (Pokey, are you doing that one?) But I haven't run a single mile in 5 days, and last week I only managed to make it out for two 4 milers. So who knows how that's going to go.

Anyhow, my temp FINALLY spiked this morning after 2 days of slow climbing. FF gave me crosshairs for Sunday, putting me at 3DPO. I'm trying not to symptom spot, but my nipples are on fire and the headlights are almost always on. Not sure what that's all about.

If I do end up getting AF this month it should arrive right on time for my half marathon. Joy.

MyKidKissTrees 10-03-2012 02:55 PM

aw!  well at least you have an acıtıvty goıng on!!  ım trapped wıth my ın laws on vacatıon for the last few weeks!!  drıvıng me nuts!!!  ıf ı wasnt totally overweıght stıll from m cookıe problem after DSs bırth ı mıght make ıt out the door for some exercıse...  nah who am ı kıddıng ı loathe exercıse.  haha.  

yeah ım kınd of confused how we mıssed the fırst pp egg... pretty sure we were real close there.  whıch kınd of makes me thınk ı have deluded myself ınto thınkıng ı have control as well...  ı joke that my fırst took my 5 years because we were SOOO not careful lıke ever.  and when ıt fınally happened we lıterally thought ı waws ınfertıle or somethıng because we had never had a scare even wıth all the lazıness.  but then DS we were super careful except once and BOOM.  so... you mıght be on to somethıng wıth that ıf ıts meant to be ıdea!  

hopefully ıts meant to be for us thıs month!!  :) ıd love to start mentally and physıcally preparıng for another bırth!  ıd also love to have my DH rub my feet every nıght :)  apparently nursıng a toddler doesnt garner the same degree of effort!  (ıt so should!)

Breezy88 10-04-2012 12:24 AM

Someone help me out here. First month trying since last October's miscarrage. So period started on September 18 and dtd was on day 15 when I think I might have been fertile. So when you think you are fertile should you try every day.....or every other day? I feel like this is going to be hard even though with my last baby we only dtd one day the whole month and bam I was pregnant.

MyKidKissTrees 10-04-2012 01:26 AM

ı wısh ı knew, Breezy!  ım tryıng to fıgure out the same thıng. Im on CD 10.  Were goıng to do ıt everyday untıl suspected O day and then agaın for a day after.  And anytıme I thınk my CM mıght be fertıle.  ım on my second cycle PP and Im just not sure how thıngs wıll go!  ıts been lıke 3 years sınce ı was fertıle!!  haha.  ı just dont remember anythıng about ıt!

pokeyac 10-05-2012 10:44 AM

How is everyone hanging in there?  I am 11DPO, and I will test on Sunday.  I feel fine.  I'm trying not to read too much into anything because I have been wrong before.  I feel hopeful though.

Jillgayle 10-05-2012 11:42 AM

Hi all-

I was hoping i might join in!  I am pretty new to MDC. I have a 2 yo son and am TTC #2.   I am 9dpo (I think) and trying not to obsess with every twinge, physical "sign".  I am going to try to wait to test until 10/13 or 10/14, but finding it so hard this time around :)

j

pokeyac 10-05-2012 11:49 AM

Welcome.gif Jillgayle!  I hope the next few days pass peacefully and end happily!

pokeyac 10-08-2012 12:58 PM

I tested yesterday and the stick said, "Pregnant."  I was so suprised!  I was worried it would be negative.  I had blood drawn yesterday too and my number was 62 which is perfectly average.  I've never been so happy to be average.  How is everyone else doing?  I hope we have some more BFP's soon!  dust.gif

kitteh 10-08-2012 06:04 PM

Congrats Pokey! That is so exciting, way to be average! ;)

I'm at 7 or 8dpo and trying to distract myself. I powered through The Hunger Games in about a day and have Catching Fire on hold at the library. I was planning to go get it today, but the library is closed so instead I distracted myself by sleeping all afternoon. LOL.

I forgot how much I love reading. When I was a kid my mom used to have to take my books away from me during holidays and family get-togethers so that I would engage and socialize. It is the ultimate distraction for me, so now I'm going to go comb through recent threads to find the posts where people were making book recommendations. I love the young adult novels and storylines with romance involved so I think the recommendations would be perfect, if only I can find them. I power through those books like wildfire, though, so I need a stash to make it through this week!

Good luck and zen vibes to the rest of you in the tww.

Cheeriomom 10-08-2012 09:24 PM

I keep reading these threads and have decided to join in. It really is nice to know there are people going through the same thing. Anyway, i have been TTC for almost a year now. Just started clomid and am 5 dpo. I'm dying to test. I keep thinking I'm having cramping but I'm sure it's in my head. I

Congrats to the ladies who got bfp's

Jillgayle 10-09-2012 06:37 AM

Congrats, Pokey!  Such wonderful news.  At 13dpo and I am still trying desperately to hold out testing at least until my missed period (Friday).  I am really hoping for a bfp and trying to think positive thoughts all the way there :)  

mirpnmama 10-09-2012 07:15 AM

Congrats PokeyAC!!! What wonderful news!!!

We are right in the midst of ovulating and doing the BD. This is our third cycle trying and I am much less in my head about it.  Our wedding anniversary was the 7th (and 8th actually) and we have just been enjoying each other and not just DTD for pregnancy .....few more days of trying then comes the waiting part....not sure how to make that relaxed and enjoyable though lol.....

pokeyac 10-09-2012 09:21 AM

Welcome.gifcheeriomom!  Thanks for joining us.  There are lots of wonderful, supportive women on here in the same position.  I hope the rest of your wait passes quickly and peacefully.

Happy Anniversary Mirpmama!

kitteh - The Hunger Games trilogy is great.  I'm sure you will enjoy, but that nap sounds nice too.  You may also want to check out Divergent.  It's a good young adult science fiction book.  The third book is not out yet so we have something to look forward to.

Thanks for all the sweet congratulations and good luck to all of you in the TWW!

countrymama02 10-10-2012 05:03 PM

Hubby and I are on cycle 5 of TTC #1 :) It took a few cycles to get normal again after going off BC but now I've ovulated again the past 3 cycles! My hubby works away from home so it can be hard to get our timing right...luckily Monday was Thanksgiving (up here in Canada) so hubby was home for a few days, and left last night. I O'd yesterday! So I'm 1DPO and hoping the time flies so I can test!!!

countrymama02 10-10-2012 05:05 PM

Ooops, it posted twice! Sorry..I'm new! LOL! redface.gif

mirpnmama 10-10-2012 07:50 PM

Welcome countrymama! We are down here in NH but my dh is from Canada an we celebrated Thanksgiving with his family Sunday! smile.gif good luck on your wait!

Jillgayle 10-11-2012 07:08 AM

Agh!  Today is CD 30 for me and AF is normally expected today or tomorrow.  Still trying to hold out to test until Saturday. I have so much work to do, but staying focused is almost impossible. How's everyone else doing? 

dayiscoming2006 10-11-2012 07:24 AM

Pretty sure I've entered the 2WW after early MC. I've been charting and based on symptoms, mucus and temps, I believe I O'd yesterday.  Mixed feelings here, but I don't think I'll ever look at a pregnancy the same way again after having a loss. Even if it was early. Whatever the Lord wills will be. It definitely makes me realize how little control I have over things.

If I never have another baby, I am grateful for the children I do have. But, my heart is open to more. :)

MyKidKissTrees 10-11-2012 08:27 AM

I dont know WHERE I am.  I should have O'd around the 8th... didnt get any postitive OPKs that day or since... so I either O'd early and wasnt tested... or still havent O'd... I HATE not knowing if Im post-ov or not...shrug.gif

dayiscoming: early loss would have a big impact on me too.  fingers crossed for a fast 2ww for you and a nice dark BFP as soon as possible!thumb.gif

Safariguri 10-11-2012 10:35 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here, haven't been around since 2009.  I'm TTC #2, I have an almost 3yr old, and this is my first month.  I'm thinking I'm about 7dpo, but fertility friend puts me at 5dpo. It's just weird, I don't know because I didn't start temping early enough.  We'll see.  I'm not enjoying the TWW, and I should just relax.

But hopefully I can join ya'll!

Congrats PokeyAC!!

I totally agree with you guys, kitteh and MyKidKissTrees, we have no control but it's so hard not to get involved!

Good luck Breezy!

Hi JillGayle!

Kitteh - did you find that thread with book recommendations?  I would like to read some too.  I love to be distracted during this two week wait.  I already read the hunger game series, which was awesome.  I also liked the Matched/Crossed series and Divergent/Insurgent books.  You should check those out! :)

Cheerio.. Good luck, I'm in the same boat.  New and hoping.
Hi countrymama and mirpmama!

Good luck dayiscoming!

this TWW is just hard.  Don't know what to do with myself.  But I really appreciate being able to read the threads and see so many in the same process, and know I'm not alone.  Thank you all!

pokeyac 10-11-2012 11:15 AM

Good luck safariguri!  Matched is on my wishlist to read next.  I'm glad to hear you liked it.  And thanks for the  congrats!

MyKidKissTrees 10-11-2012 01:43 PM

Love your new sigy Pokey!! pos.gifjoy.gif

welcome safari!!!  this is my first cycle of trying too... waiting SUCKS!  haha.   i MAY be 7 DPO (according to DH who is SURE he knew I was O'ing because I "smelled irresistible")... its either that or my cycles not normal yet and I still havent O'd...  this cycle may be a bust for me... if so then hopefully AUGUST baby for me :)    

dayiscoming2006 10-11-2012 01:52 PM

Congrats Pokey. Though, I'd interpret that as October 7th instead of July 10th. And since it shows you are in California? :) My hubby is from Romania and likes to put Day/Month/Year as well.

pokeyac 10-11-2012 01:55 PM

dayiscoming- That's the day I got the BFP.  My due date would be sometime in June.  Perhaps I should fix that?  smile.gif  I can't remember if I said it before, but I'm very sorry for your loss.  I had an early one myself, and they are really hard no matter how fortunate you are otherwise.  I'm glad you have a good attitude and are moving ahead with trying agin.

Thank you for the congrats dayiscoming and MKKT!

dayiscoming2006 10-11-2012 02:38 PM

OOOOOhhhhh! I thought that the 10th of July seemed kind of late! My bad! :)

And thanks.

countrymama02 10-12-2012 07:11 PM

3 DPO now. My goodness this wait is agonizing!!

dayiscoming2006 > I'm so sorry about your early miscarriage. A few months ago I had what my doctor called a "chemical pregnancy", a very early miscarriage . I know how you feel, it's not a fun thing to deal with at all. *hugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirpmama View Post

Welcome countrymama! We are down here in NH but my dh is from Canada an we celebrated Thanksgiving with his family Sunday! smile.gif good luck on your wait!

Lucky you getting to have 2 Thanksgivings :D I loooove turkey!