Clomid anyone? - Mothering Forums
Trying To Conceive > Clomid anyone?
crazy cat lady's Avatar crazy cat lady 01:40 AM 10-04-2012

a few of people i have spoken too who are also trying to conceive have told me clomid is the best thing. it brings on ovulation. has anyone else had this, and what are your views on it.

here we are's Avatar here we are 02:01 AM 10-04-2012
I am interested too, even though just thinking about it is bringing up a lot of conflicting emotions....
crazy cat lady's Avatar crazy cat lady 11:26 AM 10-04-2012

its a hard choice to make, do we want to get pregnant enough to potentially ruin our health

pokeyac's Avatar pokeyac 01:12 PM 10-04-2012

Clomid is the first thing most doctors try to help you get pregnant if you are having trouble.  I haven't heard of it ruining anyone's health.  It can thin the lining which can actually make it harder to get pregnant, but if you are being monitored by ultrasounds, they can tell if your lining gets too thin.  Some women do have horrible side effects from Clomid though--feeling really moody or getting hot flashes, etc.  I did not have any noticeable side effects from it.  I did get pregnant the third time I used it, but I had an early loss.  My lining got progressively thinner each time I used it.  Since I stopped, my lining is back to normal.  Clomid totally does the trick for some women.  How long have you been trying?  Do you ovulate on your own?  How old are you?  These are all things to consider when you make your decision.

crazy cat lady's Avatar crazy cat lady 11:56 AM 10-17-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyAC View Post

Clomid is the first thing most doctors try to help you get pregnant if you are having trouble.  I haven't heard of it ruining anyone's health.  It can thin the lining which can actually make it harder to get pregnant, but if you are being monitored by ultrasounds, they can tell if your lining gets too thin.  Some women do have horrible side effects from Clomid though--feeling really moody or getting hot flashes, etc.  I did not have any noticeable side effects from it.  I did get pregnant the third time I used it, but I had an early loss.  My lining got progressively thinner each time I used it.  Since I stopped, my lining is back to normal.  Clomid totally does the trick for some women.  How long have you been trying?  Do you ovulate on your own?  How old are you?  These are all things to consider when you make your decision.

as far as any home tests say, so far i have not recorded an ovulation. we have been trying around 5 years, and i am 28 and my husband 31

crazy cat lady's Avatar crazy cat lady 12:04 PM 10-17-2012
Quote:

also, are there any symptoms of a thinning lining. x

pokeyac's Avatar pokeyac 12:28 PM 10-17-2012

Your period would be lighter with a thinner lining, but the best way to tell is with an ultrasound.

devilish's Avatar devilish 04:17 PM 10-17-2012
Quote:

Your period would be lighter with a thinner lining, but the best way to tell is with an ultrasound.

Noting to self. Starting clomid next cycle.

I still get a kick out of your success Pokey!

pokeyac's Avatar pokeyac 04:28 PM 10-17-2012

Thank you, devilish!  Good luck with the Clomid.  dust.gif

Tags: Trying To Conceive
Up