Clomid anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-04-2012, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

a few of people i have spoken too who are also trying to conceive have told me clomid is the best thing. it brings on ovulation. has anyone else had this, and what are your views on it.

Big Tree Hugger/ Nature Lovertreehugger.gif Hippiehippie.gifClumsy/accident prone oops.gif  Frequent Brain freeze confused.gif  Newlywedpartners.gif Pagan bellycast.gif Mummy to 2 kittiescat.giflost one recently. Artistmodifiedartist.gifPhotographerphotosmile2.gifTrekkie/Sci fi/fantasytrekkie.gif

#2 of 9 Old 10-04-2012, 01:01 AM

I am interested too, even though just thinking about it is bringing up a lot of conflicting emotions....
#3 of 9 Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

its a hard choice to make, do we want to get pregnant enough to potentially ruin our health

Big Tree Hugger/ Nature Lovertreehugger.gif Hippiehippie.gifClumsy/accident prone oops.gif  Frequent Brain freeze confused.gif  Newlywedpartners.gif Pagan bellycast.gif Mummy to 2 kittiescat.giflost one recently. Artistmodifiedartist.gifPhotographerphotosmile2.gifTrekkie/Sci fi/fantasytrekkie.gif

#4 of 9 Old 10-04-2012, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Clomid is the first thing most doctors try to help you get pregnant if you are having trouble.  I haven't heard of it ruining anyone's health.  It can thin the lining which can actually make it harder to get pregnant, but if you are being monitored by ultrasounds, they can tell if your lining gets too thin.  Some women do have horrible side effects from Clomid though--feeling really moody or getting hot flashes, etc.  I did not have any noticeable side effects from it.  I did get pregnant the third time I used it, but I had an early loss.  My lining got progressively thinner each time I used it.  Since I stopped, my lining is back to normal.  Clomid totally does the trick for some women.  How long have you been trying?  Do you ovulate on your own?  How old are you?  These are all things to consider when you make your decision.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#5 of 9 Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyAC View Post

Clomid is the first thing most doctors try to help you get pregnant if you are having trouble.  I haven't heard of it ruining anyone's health.  It can thin the lining which can actually make it harder to get pregnant, but if you are being monitored by ultrasounds, they can tell if your lining gets too thin.  Some women do have horrible side effects from Clomid though--feeling really moody or getting hot flashes, etc.  I did not have any noticeable side effects from it.  I did get pregnant the third time I used it, but I had an early loss.  My lining got progressively thinner each time I used it.  Since I stopped, my lining is back to normal.  Clomid totally does the trick for some women.  How long have you been trying?  Do you ovulate on your own?  How old are you?  These are all things to consider when you make your decision.

as far as any home tests say, so far i have not recorded an ovulation. we have been trying around 5 years, and i am 28 and my husband 31

#6 of 9 Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

also, are there any symptoms of a thinning lining. x

#7 of 9 Old 10-17-2012, 11:28 AM

Your period would be lighter with a thinner lining, but the best way to tell is with an ultrasound.

#8 of 9 Old 10-17-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:

Your period would be lighter with a thinner lining, but the best way to tell is with an ultrasound.

Noting to self. Starting clomid next cycle.

I still get a kick out of your success Pokey!

Me (33), DH (35) and DD1 (3) conceived naturally after 6 months. After TTC#2 for 15 months, finally got a pos.gif on my second cycle of Clomid, DD2 born Sept, 2013. Can I convince my DH it's a great idea to have another one?
#9 of 9 Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 PM

Thank you, devilish!  Good luck with the Clomid.  dust.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page