Can someone help me interpret my lab results - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi

I'm 38 soon to be 39. I have two children, but want to try for one more before I get too old. I called the nurse this morning and she told me doctor will call me back later today to discuss my results:

FSH 11.8

Prolactin 37.9

Thyroid: 4.83

Fasting Glucose: 98

The blood work was taken on day 3 of my menstrual cycle. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks~

I forgot to mention my menstruation cycle is 21 days as opposed to 28 days. It has been like this since I was 12 years old so it's considered normal in my case. I remember when I first got pregnant (wasn't trying) but I believe I conceived a few days before my expected period. Same with my second pregnancy. Does this mean my ovulation occurs late even though I have a short menstruation cycle?

How does progesterone and fsh correlate. My doctor told me he will wait to see what my progesterone level is. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-10-2012, 04:23 PM

*bumping* Maybe someone who has had testing done will see this and help.

Working from home Mommy. You can too. Ask me how!joy.gif

me loveeyes.gif & she surf.gifpartners.gif  TTC one of these makebabe.gif Proud Mommy to two of these energy.gif

#3 of 4 Old 10-11-2012, 11:00 AM

I think your prolactin is a touch high. Usually is below 10, but often not a concern until more than 100. Are you BFing? (which would make it completely normal). Elevated prolactin is a common cause of infertlity - and can often be easily treated.

Curious what your doctor says. Best wishes for finding an answer soon :)

* evidence based crunch *

#4 of 4 Old 10-11-2012, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you to both responses. My doctor wants me to get retested in a couple months for prolactin. If it's still elevated, he will order an MRI to rule out a tumor. I hope it's not a tumor. I will be getting my progesterone levels tested on day 21.

I stopped breastfeeding 2 years ago, but had a chemical pregnancy last year. Maybe it was due to high prolactin levels, but I never had my levels tested back then.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page