Am I pregnant or not? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-10-2012, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got off the pills last month; Assuming my previous 28-day cycle, my period was due on sun (3 days ago)- I have tried 2 HPTs in the last 2 days, and had tried 2 more last week- but none of them were positive. Is it likely that I am pregnant that HPTs are giving false negatives, or since I just off the pills, it is taking a while for my period to get "regular"?

#2 of 5 Old 10-10-2012, 06:07 PM

It really is hard to say and it depends a lot on when you ovulated. The artificial 28-day cycle that the pills give you won't necessarily correlate to your own body's rhythm. I had a very irregular cycle before birth control that varied wildly from month to month. I hated the pill and when I went off it, my cycle evened out to about a 30 or 31 day cycle depending on when ovulation was. So, it's possible that you just have a longer cycle than you feel like you should.shrug.gif Were you on the pill for long? What was your cycle like before you went on birth control? It's also totally possible to have false negatives right now. Good luck!

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

when & how would I know for sure? (I've heard blood tests can be false negative sometimes- how long should I wait to be for sure- either way)

#4 of 5 Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 PM

Wait a week after you thought it was due and then test if you still didn't get your period. And if it's negative, you may want to check in with the doctor to see why it's happening. I have a 32 day cycle myself.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#5 of 5 Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

Wait a week after you thought it was due and then test if you still didn't get your period. And if it's negative, you may want to check in with the doctor to see why it's happening. I have a 32 day cycle myself.

yeahthat.gif

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page