TTC while BFing - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-12-2012, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is almost 1 year old, and I really want to start trying to have another baby.  I have menstruated only once since giving birth, back in April.  I haven't since then.  I'm convinced I menstruated because that's when we started DS on solids.  Lately, even though I haven't bled, I've been noticing more cervical discharge, and it's a cross between sticky and creamy.  Could my fertility be returning?  I think this is a good sign, right? I'm anxious for many reasons to get started TTC again.  But, I absolutely do not want to wean DS.  I guess I'm just looking for some encouragement that my fertility will return, and it may even be soon.  Any advice from anyone?

#2 of 9 Old 10-13-2012, 03:15 AM

Welcome Ablemec! It sounds like your body is starting to regulate on its own. For some moms it takes longer than for others to start o'ing after a baby. Some moms take herbs like Vitex or Maca to try and kick-start things, too. There is a forum here for TTC while nursing, as well, so come and check us out!

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#3 of 9 Old 10-13-2012, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Lidamama84!  I was actually looking for the TTC while nursing forum, and couldn't find it.  Now I have!

#4 of 9 Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM

Anyone here have experience with ovarian cysts?  I have gotten them in the past and def. have them now but I am still not ovulating.  I have been having lots of EWCM for weeks now, I mean everyday for weeks seriously and I got cysts withing this last week but now I am also having lower abdominal tenderness.  My uterus is tender to the touch along with both ovaries. I am just sore and bloated all over.  It hurts to sit, stand, bend over and this has been going on all week.  My only thought is that maybe one of the cysts ruptured and that is why my uterus hurts.  It just seems to be a long time since I know my ovaries were extremely tender on monday when we DTD. I don't know if I should make a appt with my Dr or just wait it out.  It is hard to go to appt with 3 kids and DH will be out of town this next week so he won't be able to watch them while I go. I haven't even had a PPAF yet and haven't gotten a pos. OPK eventhough I take one everyday so I am pretty sure I haven't ovulated.  If I am going to have all this pain I would at least like a ovulation out of it.

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#5 of 9 Old 10-13-2012, 07:32 PM

figures I would make this post this morning.  find one last OPK take it and it is a blaring pos.  darker than the control line. Planning on DTD tonight and hoping to either see AF or a BFP in 2 weeks.

MyKidKissTrees likes this.

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#6 of 9 Old 10-13-2012, 08:03 PM

i just got a positive too Jen!!  SOO excited!!  We DTD yesterday morning... so hopefully that get us the girl my daughter is begging for :) kind of afraid of getting another boy... two boys might be the death of me ;)  although... something tells me the next boy is going to be really chill.

DD 5 1/2 years DS 23 months And a  pos.gif joy.gif

#7 of 9 Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 AM

Mykidskisstrees,  This will be #4 for us and I am hoping also for a girl as my 2 boys run circles around me. I would also love another girl to create balance.  We DTD this morning instead of last night as a attempt at 0+12 for a girl sway.  I will see in a couple weeks if that worked for us.  I am just happy to finally be ovulating and able to TTC.   YAY! for ovulation!!!  I feel liek I have been waiting forever to TTC :)

MyKidKissTrees likes this.

#8 of 9 Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM

Jen thats crazy that we both O'd like the same DAY!  And our last babies were born on the same day :)  hehe.  So excited for the TWW to be OVER!!! biggrinbounce.gif

DD 5 1/2 years DS 23 months And a  pos.gif joy.gif

#9 of 9 Old 10-15-2012, 08:58 PM

yeah now for the long 2ww.  I will probably start testing at 10 dpo since that is the earliest BFP I have gotten in the past. Not holdingmy breath though since I figure it will take a few months.  

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page