Early Temperature Rise- Is it possible it's not ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

I have PCOS and I started massive diet and lifestyle changes about 9 months ago and this is our 3rd month TTC.  Since those changes, I've had a consistent 35 day cycle for the past 6 months and last month I think I may have finally ovulated (feel free to look at my chart and tell me what you think about that one too-I'm not totally convinced).  Unfortunately, my EWCM seems to be completely useless for predicting ovulation (I got lots for a looonnggg time), so I tried at the wrong time :(  This cycle I had tons of egg white cervical mucus right after my weird, light, spotty, atypical period, so I ignored it because I didn't have any periods of dry, sticky, or lotiony so I assumed it was just a PCOS fluke patch, especially since I have excessive EWCM.  However, on Day 12 (or 14 depending on when you count the start of my cycle- I counted bleeding that was red blood and more plentiful than spotting), my temperature spiked significantly.  However, I also had plentiful lotiony CM that day and the day before as opposed to the EWCM I had prior.  I'm super panicked that I missed my chance to try (we use a donor so I can't just do it by accident).  On the 3rd and 4th day the temperature settled at the highest level of the temps before the spike. My cervix has been super high since my period (and higher than usual even during) but it still feels pretty firm and closed.  Is it possible that my hormones were just messed up leading to lower temps at the very beginning of my cycle and they're just normalizing and I might have yet to ovulate?  Or has my ship definitely sailed?   I'm hoping for a spike again in the day 21 ish region where it should be given my consistent cycle length.  Any insight?  Here's my last 2 cycles charts (I used paper and pencil before then)- http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/37fc87   

Thanks,

Cait

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List