The "One" Thread for October 28 to November 4 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Haha, thanks CD'smom. That makes me feel better. :) It's the one thing you can do on your own to monitor things. I'm tempted to go out and buy answer brand tests, but I'm thinking that would be a waste of money. So, I'm going to try to just stay calm and probably avoid testing any more. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#32 of 52 Old 11-01-2012, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Nettlesoup, sorry this wasn't the month. Do you want to be on the waiting to O list?

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#33 of 52 Old 11-01-2012, 11:05 AM

I think I might wait until December to try again; I don't fancy the idea of morning sickness over Christmas! But thanks for asking :)

#34 of 52 Old 11-01-2012, 01:01 PM

I'm a returning member hoping it's OK for me to join back in.  You all have always been such a great source of hope and inspiration for me.  We have lost 8 babies with our last miscarriage being in June of this year.  I was 13 weeks and nearly bled to death.  I had to have a d and c (my first one ever) and we've been ttc ever since with no luck.  I'm using OPK's, observing CM and fertility blend but nada.  I know it's hardly very long compared to some of you here but it's frustrating none the less.  I'm going to probably do temps after AF arrives in a few days.  

marquess : You've probably done this already but did you check your thyroid at all?  I have gotten random positive tests (in the past) and had lots of miscarriages b/c of my thyroid (before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism).  Also, I got positive tests even AFTER being on meds b/c my thryoid was out of whack.  I don't understand it AT ALL but it has happened b/c I get the positive tests and then get blood tests and am not pregnant and my thryoid is really high.  Just an idea.  Hugs for you.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#35 of 52 Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Hi ladies,

feeling quite downtrodden over here. We have been ttc for nearly 18 months. I have extremely low basal body temperature and a short luteal phase and have tried to improve both with herbs and supplements with hardly any success.

I have since stopped all supplements (except for a whole foods prenatal) and both are worse then before.

Has anyone here successfully improved these things by natural means?

my low temps this month were in the 95 range pre O (even one day 94.8) and now the past 3 days were 97.0, 97.4 and today dropped to 96.4 (CD 21).

my luteal phase has been 6-11 days (usually 6-8 days).

Would love to hear any thoughts!

Sarah Louise

#36 of 52 Old 11-01-2012, 02:41 PM

I've heard that you can improve fertility by cutting out grain and sugar from your diet, so maybe that's worth a try.

#37 of 52 Old 11-01-2012, 02:47 PM

Nettlesoup:

Don't know about that. I didn't do well on low carb. Made me sick and it was too expensive. I'm more of a whole foods/balanced diet person. Here's a link to a blog and book I enjoyed a lot if you are interested. Naturally Knocked Up

It seriously had a lot of good info on getting healthy for any childbearing age woman, but aimed specifically for fertility. It has some tidbits for men too. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#38 of 52 Old 11-01-2012, 07:07 PM

I'm so sorry to read about the frustration and disappointments, mamas. It really can be so hard on the heart.

My own major heart struggle is that I am clearly not as fertile as I used to be. I got pregnant with DD very quickly and DS was an unplanned blessing which I still can't believe given the probability of getting pregnant under the circumstances.

We've been very haphazard the last several months and I am stunned that I am not pregnant. Now it almost feels like a challenge! redface.gif

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#39 of 52 Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlouise View Post

Hi ladies,

feeling quite downtrodden over here. We have been ttc for nearly 18 months. I have extremely low basal body temperature and a short luteal phase and have tried to improve both with herbs and supplements with hardly any success.

I have since stopped all supplements (except for a whole foods prenatal) and both are worse then before.

Has anyone here successfully improved these things by natural means?

my low temps this month were in the 95 range pre O (even one day 94.8) and now the past 3 days were 97.0, 97.4 and today dropped to 96.4 (CD 21).

my luteal phase has been 6-11 days (usually 6-8 days).

Would love to hear any thoughts!

Sarah Louise

Sarah,

I had a short luteal phase...it got much  better with a B complex, omega III, acupuncture, and progesterone.

it took a couple of cycles & prestO/whamO longer luteal phase....now if we could just get knocked up!

SkeeMama

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#40 of 52 Old 11-02-2012, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

Nettlesoup:

Don't know about that. I didn't do well on low carb. Made me sick and it was too expensive. I'm more of a whole foods/balanced diet person. Here's a link to a blog and book I enjoyed a lot if you are interested. Naturally Knocked Up

It seriously had a lot of good info on getting healthy for any childbearing age woman, but aimed specifically for fertility. It has some tidbits for men too. 

I wouldn't recommend low carb, it's more that sugar and grain, or at least gluten can cause a lot of problems without people even realising they are sensitive to it. And it does seem to have helped a lot of people. But I definitely agree that a whole foods diet would definitely help, as long as there's not too much grain involved. I know what you mean about the cost though, we struggle to afford it.

#41 of 52 Old 11-02-2012, 05:10 AM

Think I'm out this month, spotting yesterday, expecting AF today. BLAAAAAH.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#42 of 52 Old 11-02-2012, 08:00 AM

Boooo!  Sorry, mama :(

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#43 of 52 Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 AM

So sorry, LivingSky!  :(

#44 of 52 Old 11-02-2012, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome ekblad9! Would you like to be added to the list? Waiting to O or know?

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#45 of 52 Old 11-02-2012, 11:42 AM

DD has croup right now which is so odd because she's never had it and she's almost four.  I feel like it's something that you normally get before they are four.  Anyway, she's been sleeping with us the past several nights to ensure that her breathing does not become labored and she's been totally fine the last two nights.  I start my "fertile cycle" tonight.  how rude is it that I am going to kick that girl right out of our bed so I can bbd with DH ;)  She's constantly bugging me for another baby so I think she'll understand. 

#46 of 52 Old 11-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Welcome ekblad9! Would you like to be added to the list? Waiting to O or know?

Thanks!  I know I'm not pregnant this month but AF hasn't shown up yet.  Probably in the next day or two.  So waiting to O sounds good.  Thank you!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#47 of 52 Old 11-02-2012, 01:18 PM

Also - anyone else use OPK's?  I feel like they line up with my O symptoms but not with my actual ovulation, if that makes sense.  I'm wondering if I O like many days after I get a positive and have fertile CM.  I Know I need to temp...

#48 of 52 Old 11-03-2012, 05:08 AM

I just started using them so I can get a better read on what's going on. So far they have not been that helpful. CM sees to be the best indicator for me. That and ovulation pain.

#49 of 52 Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 PM

HI gals! You can move me to Waiting to Know... woo! Have been way less stressed/analytical about it this month than last month. Hope that brings good things. :) 

Peace to all of you! 

Married my best friend 05.09.10, welcomed our darling daughter on 10.01.13!

08.12,  12.12, MTHFR Homo C677T diagnosis 01.13, DD born 10.13

#50 of 52 Old 11-05-2012, 06:20 AM

Hi ladies! I would like to be added to your group! I am currently waiting to ovulate and we will start BD early this week.  This is our 4th cycle trying for our fourth, and four has always been my lucky number - so fingers crossed!!!

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

#51 of 52 Old 11-05-2012, 08:01 AM

Well, AF is officially gone. Let the party begin, LOL. jumpers.gif

Conner was napping yesterday while we BD... He woke up towards the end of our BD, LOL... Afterwards, DH went into his room and goes, "Now, Conner. We're sorry we didn't come and get you right away, but if you ever want a little brother, sometimes you're just going to have to let your mom and I have sex." lol.gif duh.gif Sometimes, I'm super thankful that Conner is only a year old and can't understand English yet. LOL

I have my annual pap smear on the 21st. I'm going to ask my doctor, AGAIN, about a VBAC... So we'll see where he stands, and if I need to find a new doctor or not.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#52 of 52 Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

New thread is up. Sorry for being late a day! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1367442/the-one-thread-for-nov-5-to-nov-11

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page