B6 and LP - lengthened too much? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am on my 6th PPAF, nursing my 18 month old, and have been TTC for 3 months now.  The past 2 months I've had 33 day cycles but O'ing on CD 24/25.  Two months ago I started taking B6, and this month I O'd on CD16 and am currently on CD30 with no sign of AF. 

Would B6 have moved UP my ovulation date rather than kept it the same and made my LP longer?  I've been taking 300 mg/day.  I tested at 12 DPO and got BFN.  Today would be 14 DPO and I got BFN on an IC with FMU. 

Help!  Should I stop B6?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 10:59 AM

If you O'd on Day 16 and today is Day 30...that is a perfect 14 day Luteal phase.  So, AF isn't even due until today...you aren't late and you could be pregnant.   I would expect either AF or a + test to show up in a day or so.  Good luck!

I would not stop the B6, it sounds as thought it is working and it could definitely moved your O date earlier in your cycle, which actually I think is "healthier" than a later O date.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

Old 10-30-2012, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  It's just that all I read about B6 is lengthening your LP, not moving UP you're O date?!?!  So weird.  Don't have too much hope with a BFN at 12 dpo, but I'll probably test tomorrow if no period. 

Old 10-30-2012, 07:31 PM

Totally crashing this thread. I just slowly increased my B6 and for some reason I am experiencing cramps and sore nipples. Aieeeee! Is that happening to you at all? I assume it's just my hormones adjusting but it's not fun. Takes a lot of the fun out of TTC eyesroll.gif

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:10 PM

i have only taken b6 along with vitex for two separate time periods. this was both after return of menses postpartum. both times it moved my o from day 16 to day 13/14 and lengthened my luteal phase by 1.5 days (from 9 days to 10-11). this took 2-3 months both times.

i say the b6 is working and keep taking it. i have not noticed any side effects. 225mg is what i take. you could be at an increased luteal phase length or pregnant. it can take a few months for a balance point to be reached. 

best wishes!

Jese Mom to Elaina (April 2007) & Macy (June 2010). #3 m/c at 10 weeks (July 2013), #4 m/c at 9 weeks (october 2013). Announcing baby Kayla, born October 21 2014.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Starfish11 - I haven't experienced those side effects, thank goodness!!  :)

Thanks jesepumpkin....it's good to hear that your O date was moved up as well as your LP lengthened.  That's definitely what happened to me and I can't believe how well just B6 works!

I tested BFN today at 14 dpo, so I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant, just waiting for AF to arrive and hurry it up so we can start at it again! 

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List