Intense bbs pain 5 - 12 dpo -- no BFP so what's the deal?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 12 dpo today. This is was our third month ttc and it looks like we'll be moving on to the fourth. I'm 28, DH is 29 and we have no known health issues. I've been using opks and charting so I know we're timing things right. My question is: This month I just felt SO pregnant. My bbs started to feel very tender, painful and swollen at 5 dpo and this continues today with pain in nips, the whole nine yards. I NEVER, ever get bbs pain during my luteal phase, ovulation, period or any other time. I just never get it. The most I'll get is some slight swelling right before AF arrives -- definitely not at 5 dpo. I've also been feeling nauseous off and on but this symptom is so circumstantial I tend to dismiss it. It could be in my head, caused by something else, etc. But I just felt different altogther. Unfortunately, I started with brown discharge 11 dpo in the evening (like I usually do), followed by spotting on 12 dpo which I'm sure will lead to full-blown AF on 13 dpo (my usual 12 day luteal phase with 1-2 days of spotting). That coupled with a BFN on wondfo with fmu and a 0.3 degree (F) temp drop on today, convinces me I'm out this month. 

But now I'm concerned. Why am I suddenly this month for the first time ever getting very noticeable breast pain and swelling from 5 dpo onward if I'm not pregnant??? Have my hormones suddenly changed? Is this possible? Does anyone have any idea what could account for this? I know a three-month go at it isn't really that long and that there are plenty of couples who struggle much, much longer. Hats off to you -- I'm trying to keep you all in the back of my mind while going through this. But now I'm just trying to sort what these changes mean? Is it possible the egg was fertilized but not implanted? Or maybe implanted but then spontaneously aborted shortly thereafter? 

I guess more than anything I'm just looking for reassurance that we're normal and it'll happen eventually... Thanks, ladies, for any help or insight you can offer!

Me(29) + DH(29) married 8.2010 | MC 4.2013 | Expecting #1 2.2014

#2 of 2 Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't know the answer, but I can tell you almost the exact same thing happened to me last month.  Hang in there... (((hugs)))

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page